Top 4 Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Top 4 Team

Post by bcatfan1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Like every other Cat fan, I found myself getting angry and disappointed during that whooping of a game. I really thought we had a chance to take down the mighty Bison today.

But after calming down I realize this was a great season! The Bobcats haven’t been in the semis since 1984. I really feel like Choate is building an FCS power team here. So I’m going to drink another Tito’s...and toast this 2019 team on an amazing season. And then, I’ll look forward to next year!

Go Cats!!!

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: Top 4 Team

Post by utucats » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:01 pm

I feel bad for the team. After all the great memories they’ve given us this year and they end disappointed. BN can’t keep their crap together, imagine how the staff and players feel after putting in all that work.

Every member of this program deserves a thanks when they get home.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:11 pm

There should be no ill feeling on the outcome of the season, yes losing big sucks but to honestly think that we would be a top 4 team especially during the middle of the season was not a thought. This team and this program is continually getting better and that alone is successful...we will eventually get to the top.

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:01 pm

I don’t know if anyone other than NDSU gets to the top anytime soon. That’s a young team they have this year with talent all over the field. AND they play incredibly disciplined. But I hope we can get a #2 seed and have home field until Frisco next time!!

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Given how I felt about the team after UND, I'm super happy with the season. The really hard pill to swallow was the fact that we have been sooooo solid on D the last 5 weeks and just looked lost today. Reminds me of playing the Griz in their heyday where they would beat us on reputation and poor execution on our part. I don't think we are miles away talent wise, a game breaking receiver and more speed at safety I think would be the main improvements I think we need. It would be nice to have that transcendent QB that could win all by themselves but I don't think we need that if everyone executes. #1 priority is going to be figuring out how to play on the road(especially in domes) like we do at home and how to execute against the boogeyman. Coaches took some big steps this year, need to take a couple more.

Go Cats!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:10 pm

You can tell the energy of this team is way different when they play on the road. I felt like we didn’t have the fire we have been playing with. Amazing season, beat UM, made it to the last 4. Now we start on the north end zone and making this program even better then we were this season. Go Cats!!

Punters are people too!!

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 pm

THANK YOU PlAYERS AND COACHES!!!!! GREAT SEASON!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SEASON AND MAKING IT TO THE FINAL FOUR!!!!!

=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Thank you for a great season, Cats!!! You guys had a helluva run the last couple months, beat the piss out of the griz, and won 2 playoff games. We are all proud of you guys!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:36 pm

JMU is working Weber over pretty good. I think there is a wide a gap between number 2 and number 3. I think it would be a pretty interesting game against us and Weber to determine who was the best of the rest. Weber's defense is elite and they look like they belong, but their offense does not look very good at all at this high level-so far they haven't made it across mid-field.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Great season!!!!!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:44 pm

The guys that cover the FCS nation wide (Stats, Hero Sports, etc) pretty much to a man said at the start of the season that the 2 top teams were NDSU & JMU. They were correct.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:45 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:36 pm
JMU is working Weber over pretty good. I think there is a wide a gap between number 2 and number 3. I think it would be a pretty interesting game against us and Weber to determine who was the best of the rest. Weber's defense is elite and they look like they belong, but their offense does not look very good at all at this high level-so far they haven't made it across mid-field.
And just like that Weber scores-the drive kept alive by a late hit penalty. 17-7 near halftime.

catscat

Post by catscat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Great season, great team. I don't think anyone expected us to make it as far as we did at the half way point. We just need to keep improving so that we are the number 2 seed and don't have to deal with NDSU until Frisco - a neutral field. Already looking forward to next year. Oh yeah, 48-14.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

CPrice91

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:07 pm
Given how I felt about the team after UND, I'm super happy with the season. The really hard pill to swallow was the fact that we have been sooooo solid on D the last 5 weeks and just looked lost today. Reminds me of playing the Griz in their heyday where they would beat us on reputation and poor execution on our part. I don't think we are miles away talent wise, a game breaking receiver and more speed at safety I think would be the main improvements I think we need. It would be nice to have that transcendent QB that could win all by themselves but I don't think we need that if everyone executes. #1 priority is going to be figuring out how to play on the road(especially in domes) like we do at home and how to execute against the boogeyman. Coaches took some big steps this year, need to take a couple more.

Go Cats!

This! I was pretty damn near throwing in the towel (at least enthusiasm-wise, I'd never fully give up on the Cats) after the UND game. They really cleaned up their s*** after that and gave us a season for the ages! Bravo!
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:10 pm
You can tell the energy of this team is way different when they play on the road. I felt like we didn’t have the fire we have been playing with. Amazing season, beat UM, made it to the last 4. Now we start on the north end zone and making this program even better then we were this season. Go Cats!!
This is why I was rooting so damn hard for Illinois State! A lot of people called me crazy this past week but I don't think there was any way any FCS could beat the Cats in Bozeman this December.

In retrospect, maybe I'd make an exception for NDSU. Otherwise, I stand by that - no way anyone else would've beat the Cats in Bozeman.

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm

I was talking to a safety from SEMO yesterday in an airport in Texas and he couldn't stop talking about how good Illinois States offense was this year. He said NDSU was good but Illinois State was on another level, at least on defense.

After watching NDSU against MSU live today, I think we are just one step away.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:34 pm

CPrice91 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
In retrospect, maybe I'd make an exception for NDSU. Otherwise, I stand by that - no way anyone else would've beat the Cats in Bozeman.
I wouldn’t give the exception. I doubt all of their players could play at the same level in the elements.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:43 pm

exppi wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:34 pm
CPrice91 wrote:
I wouldn’t give the exception. I doubt all of their players could play at the same level in the elements.
Top 2 seed and home field throughout for the Cats has to be a goal now. They play so good at home. Then Frisco is neutral site.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:43 pm
exppi wrote:
CPrice91 wrote:
Top 2 seed and home field throughout for the Cats has to be a goal now. They play so good at home. Then Frisco is neutral site.
Good goal! I doubt too that it would have been the same game if it had been in Bozeman.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:49 pm

nanacat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:47 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:43 pm
exppi wrote:
CPrice91 wrote:
Good goal! I doubt too that it would have been the same game if it had been in Bozeman.
Can’t have those “learning losses” in October. Top 2 seed is probably a 1 loss team. I think Choate and these players have themselves on the right trajectory.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:53 pm

utucats wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:01 pm
I feel bad for the team. After all the great memories they’ve given us this year and they end disappointed. BN can’t keep their crap together, imagine how the staff and players feel after putting in all that work.

Every member of this program deserves a thanks when they get home.
That is one downside to the FCS playoffs. 23 of the best teams in the country end the season with a disappointing loss. Only one team ends the season with a celebration. I’ve often wondered how it affects the psyche of the teams compared to a non-playoff team that perhaps ended their season with a big win.