The Official-unofficial Bobcat-ndsu Semifinal gameday thread.....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-ndsu Semifinal gameday thread.....

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:15 pm

bcats wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:01 pm
TJMoe82 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 pm
bcats wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:56 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm
bcats wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:53 pm
If you think Qb is the only position we need to get better at then you didn’t watch the same game. They are better then us in multiple positions. Bigger, stronger, faster. Yes our QB play needs to be better. A lot better but there are multiple positions that can’t play up to there level. We have a lot of nice pieces but not elite pieces.
Top 4 team..I would say some pieces are elite
Name one not named Troy Andersen.
Ifanse
Is he elite? Doesn’t have breakaway speed that you see with NDSU backs. Perhaps when healthy but this was a tough year for him.
Oh sweet Jesus!

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Choate won’t even let 12 pass the ball down late in the game. Stop defending Rovig. He’s not starting next year, and if he does, this isn’t a title team.
Question for you and Hiline , what do you actually hope to accomplish with your constant dogging on one player?

It's really not a good look on you.
I’m not trying to accomplish anything, I’m stating on a fan board he isn’t a Big Sky QB. Remember a fan board, and I don’t think he is good enough.
I can appreciate that you have an opinion and that you should be free to express it on this fan board but honestly when is enough enough.
At least you've been successful at accomplishing nothing, you can be proud of that I guess.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:16 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 pm
You all convinced me. I can't believe Rovig didn't even make this list:

Honorable Mention:
Quarterback: Dalton Sneed, Montana; Jake Maier, UC Davis; Mason Petrino, Idaho; Jacob Knipp, Northern Colorado.
Who are you arguing with?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:16 pm
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
Quarterback: Dalton Sneed, Montana; Jake Maier, UC Davis; Mason Petrino, Idaho; Jacob Knipp, Northern Colorado.
No one. I am agreeing with cataholic that Rovig is not mediocre.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:19 pm

UA Fan wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:12 pm
I was rooting for MSU, but that was brutal. NDSU is an FBS program masquerading as an FCS program. Great year for your team.
Thanks UA, your post is spot on. We will be back stronger next year, bank on it. Go Bobcats! and FTG!

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Augustus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Augustus » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:21 pm

UA Fan wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:12 pm
NDSU is an FBS program masquerading as an FCS program.
I concur. They just rolled over the (arguably) 3rd best team in the nation without hardly breaking a sweat.

Granted, we did many things wrong today, but still...

That wasn't just ugly, it was embarrassing.

I'll hand it to the kids for a great season, but they've clearly got a long way to go.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:22 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:46 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:32 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:20 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:40 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:38 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Hardly anyone thinks that. It’s just a couple people, but your ability to capitalize on that is impressive.
And I asked those specific people why and got attacked, but thanks for chiming in.
Just curious why you didn’t check in during Cat Griz?
I don't check in often at all, and didn't come here to talk ******. I just asked why people were pissed about them going for 2.
Maybe your just a prick trying to ruffle feathers. Seems like the Grizzly thing to do. We don’t get many “Rational” Griz posters.

See Payton Lives lost above. And he is a moderator at Ejizz
Or I was asking a simple question and you want to act like a prick trying to look all tough. Seems like the cataholic thing to do. I wonder how many "Rational" Cat posters there are?
Seems like a lot of Cat posters thought you were being a prick.

So why didn’t you come post during Cat Griz? Funny how you only show up when we are struggling.. but of course, that is just the rational thing to do.
Like I said, I don't post here often at all. I was just curious why people were freaking about them going for 2 at that point in the game. I have never came over here and talked smack.
You knew exactly why anyone would comment on them going for 2. Now you can disagree (as I do) or agree but don't try to convince anyone that you were just curious. Before posting ever again try counting to ten first.
That ought to keep him from posting again He can't possibly be smart enough to count to ten
Holy ******, so many thin-skinned people. Pretty sad when people think every Griz fan has an ulterior motive when posting.
No thin skin here, fact is you knew but chose to act dUMb. Nothing new there rather old actually.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:22 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:46 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:32 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:20 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:40 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:38 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 pm

And I asked those specific people why and got attacked, but thanks for chiming in.
Just curious why you didn’t check in during Cat Griz?
I don't check in often at all, and didn't come here to talk ******. I just asked why people were pissed about them going for 2.
Maybe your just a prick trying to ruffle feathers. Seems like the Grizzly thing to do. We don’t get many “Rational” Griz posters.

See Payton Lives lost above. And he is a moderator at Ejizz
Or I was asking a simple question and you want to act like a prick trying to look all tough. Seems like the cataholic thing to do. I wonder how many "Rational" Cat posters there are?
Seems like a lot of Cat posters thought you were being a prick.

So why didn’t you come post during Cat Griz? Funny how you only show up when we are struggling.. but of course, that is just the rational thing to do.
Like I said, I don't post here often at all. I was just curious why people were freaking about them going for 2 at that point in the game. I have never came over here and talked smack.
You knew exactly why anyone would comment on them going for 2. Now you can disagree (as I do) or agree but don't try to convince anyone that you were just curious. Before posting ever again try counting to ten first.
That ought to keep him from posting again He can't possibly be smart enough to count to ten
Holy ******, so many thin-skinned people. Pretty sad when people think every Griz fan has an ulterior motive when posting.
No thin skin here, fact is you knew but chose to act dUMb. Nothing new there rather old actually.
I had no idea why they were acting like big babies but you apparently did.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:27 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
He's arguing with himself, that what dUMb idiots do.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:27 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
He's arguing with himself, that what dUMb idiots do.
Burn!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:30 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:45 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Why do you think they are running the ball right now Techno? Think about it for a second, just a second.
Because that's our strength and we should have been running more to start the game. You're right Rovig isn't amazing but he is nowhere near as bad as you and a couple others want to pretend. Sorry he led us to the semis :lol:
The MSU QB completed 13 passes and was sacked 3 times with -3 rushing yards. . He isI’m sire a good young man but he hindered his team today. What’s wrong with saying he’s not a championship QB? He’s not one. That’s why the NC State QB is coming to MSU.
Oh calling him an NAIA level QB is saying he isn't a championship level QB? I see. And his O Line hindered the team in the passing game more than he did today. They got beat badly nearly every pass play.

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:31 pm

I know 42-14 isn't how we saw this game going. It could have been worse, like losing 48-14 8). Also, at least we don't live in North Dakota.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:31 pm

RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
Yeah... you never talk smack. Why don’t you try this test tonight? Go talk to some of your co-workers and tell them “I am a huge Griz fan and was posting on the Cat board while the Cats were getting smoked by NDSU”. I wonder what they would think? You might even get a sympathy hug from the hot chick in the office that avoids you like the plague.

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:31 pm
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
Yeah... you never talk smack. Why don’t you try this test tonight? Go talk to some of your co-workers and tell them “I am a huge Griz fan and was posting on the Cat board while the Cats were getting smoked by NDSU”. I wonder what they would think? You might even get a sympathy hug from the hot chick in the office that avoids you like the plague.
I decided to join the Cat masses. But you still didn't say I was wrong. Cats had a good season, congrats.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:37 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:30 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:45 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Why do you think they are running the ball right now Techno? Think about it for a second, just a second.
Because that's our strength and we should have been running more to start the game. You're right Rovig isn't amazing but he is nowhere near as bad as you and a couple others want to pretend. Sorry he led us to the semis :lol:
The MSU QB completed 13 passes and was sacked 3 times with -3 rushing yards. . He isI’m sire a good young man but he hindered his team today. What’s wrong with saying he’s not a championship QB? He’s not one. That’s why the NC State QB is coming to MSU.
Oh calling him an NAIA level QB is saying he isn't a championship level QB? I see. And his O Line hindered the team in the passing game more than he did today. They got beat badly nearly every pass play.
Well good papa you've set the world straight on our QB shortcomings and declared that a fix is on it's way. Now you only have 10 more positions and players on the offense to tear down repeatedly and 11 defense positions and players to do the same to. And you will have actually accomplished what?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:40 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:34 pm
Cataholic wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
I decided to join the Cat masses. But you still didn't say I was wrong. Cats had a good season, congrats.
Let us know how your test goes! How many people will say you are: 1) a loser talking smack or 2) just wanting to talk football? Can’t wait to see the results!!

RationalGriz

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:40 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
Let us know how your test goes! How many people will say you are: 1) a loser talking smack or 2) just wanting to talk football? Can’t wait to see the results!!
You bet, I can't wait for them to all laugh about your inferiority complex.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:45 pm

RationalGriz wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:43 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:40 pm
RationalGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
RationalGriz wrote:

Honorable Mention:
You bet, I can't wait for them to all laugh about your inferiority complex.
Coming from the guy who is posting on a rivals website! That is golden!!

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:53 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:15 pm
bcats wrote:
TJMoe82 wrote:
bcats wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:56 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm
bcats wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:53 pm
If you think Qb is the only position we need to get better at then you didn’t watch the same game. They are better then us in multiple positions. Bigger, stronger, faster. Yes our QB play needs to be better. A lot better but there are multiple positions that can’t play up to there level. We have a lot of nice pieces but not elite pieces.
Top 4 team..I would say some pieces are elite
Name one not named Troy Andersen.
Ifanse
Is he elite? Doesn’t have breakaway speed that you see with NDSU backs. Perhaps when healthy but this was a tough year for him.
Oh sweet Jesus!
My point Tom if you look at the original post is that NDSU is better at nearly every position. Why is that after 8 years they are still that much better then everybody in the FCS? Seriously what attracts kids to Fargo North Dakota? This run is fueled by something and apparently no one has the answer. MSU talent wise this year was as good as its ever been and still well behind NDSU.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Rovig is not an elite quarterback but he didn't have anyone like #1 today or Toure/Akem to throw to all year. Kassis is a great receiver and is good for a shot or two a game but when we need someone to beat a defender and go get the damn ball, we are lacking. Lance is a good solid QB but never once today had to take a chance. Everything was to a wide open receiver or a deep shot where only his guy was anywhere near it. He through several balls into the dirt on screens. No one dogs on Lance even though he hasn't been asked to win a game all by himself all year because truly elite teams don't need a qb to save them. What will you fake fans say next year if Rovig is the QB? Just hide in your holes until he struggles so you get to be smug with the "I told you so!" Rovig took us farther in the playoffs than McGhee, Lulay, or Prukop and if he doesn't get any credit for that then he doesn't deserve you to run him down when we lose.

Hiline says that he would rather have a qb that through 5 picks in a game to lose to a team with 113 yards of offense because he put up numbers when it didn't matter. Just boggles my mind.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN