NDSU/MVFC $3,400 Cash Extra per year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Re: NDSU/MVFC $3,400 Cash Extra per year

Post by nevadacat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Since COA includes “personal expenses,” schools could make their COA whatever they want and bump the stipend. If schools have the money, that could be quite an inducement.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:38 am

nevadacat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:29 pm
Since COA includes “personal expenses,” schools could make their COA whatever they want and bump the stipend. If schools have the money, that could be quite an inducement.
I think the school has to follow federal guidelines as cost of attendance would also affect pell Grants and federal loans.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:38 am
nevadacat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:29 pm
I think the school has to follow federal guidelines as cost of attendance would also affect pell Grants and federal loans.
Pell grants are awarded based on EFC, not COA. Subsidized loans are dependent on need (COA less EFC), so more interest-free loans could be awarded. I never discount colleges’ abilities to get numbers to work the way they want.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:46 am

HotTubHigh wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:40 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:03 pm
HotTubHigh wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:58 pm
I may be wrong but pretty sure this isn't a conference-wide deal for the Missouri Valley Conference. I know NDSU pays it but don't think all other conference members do. Pretty uncommon at FCS level. I'd venture almost all FBS level schools and conferences pay it, which over time will limit FCS schools' ability to pick up FBS caliber players as often.
North Dakota pays full cost of attendance.
Oil money. I don't think any others in the conference pay it.
Not oil money, hockey money. Hockey runs the UND athletic department, not football.