Final four baby!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Final four baby!!

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:06 am

technoCat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:30 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:42 pm
And all without a QB... :roll: :roll: :roll:
You are right about that. We have a below average big sky QB. Some don’t want to believe it and will stop at nothing to defend, but it slaps you in the face obvious when you watch the play.

Great crowd, absolutely an honor to be there, and that defense...Wow!👏👏
But right now all of the top QBs are going to be sitting at home while Weber and us move on to the semis. Tucker has done everything asked of him this year and gotten better every game. I watch a guy that gets half the attempts as most BSC QBs and is efficient and has learned to limit his mistakes and not put his team in holes. I don't really care if we have a conversation after the season if we could get more out of the position but I'm tired of people taking shots at him in the middle of game threads when he isn't the one fumbling or dropping passes. He easily should of had another 50-60 yards passing today with maybe another TD if Jones doesn't trip over his own feet. This is the best I remember our offense looking late season EVER and that's because we aren't like UM or SAC or UCDAVIS and rely on the one player to have a great game to win. We should be enjoying it instead of taking every opportunity to pile on a guy that is being an exemplary team player.
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

GO CATS GO!!!

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:08 am

360 degree legit from the cats RightNow. We appear 100% playoff ready, and I've never seen that here before.

BobcatOninetails
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatOninetails » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:16 am

technoCat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:30 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:42 pm
And all without a QB... :roll: :roll: :roll:
You are right about that. We have a below average big sky QB. Some don’t want to believe it and will stop at nothing to defend, but it slaps you in the face obvious when you watch the play.

Great crowd, absolutely an honor to be there, and that defense...Wow!👏👏
But right now all of the top QBs are going to be sitting at home while Weber and us move on to the semis. Tucker has done everything asked of him this year and gotten better every game. I watch a guy that gets half the attempts as most BSC QBs and is efficient and has learned to limit his mistakes and not put his team in holes. I don't really care if we have a conversation after the season if we could get more out of the position but I'm tired of people taking shots at him in the middle of game threads when he isn't the one fumbling or dropping passes. He easily should of had another 50-60 yards passing today with maybe another TD if Jones doesn't trip over his own feet. This is the best I remember our offense looking late season EVER and that's because we aren't like UM or SAC or UCDAVIS and rely on the one player to have a great game to win. We should be enjoying it instead of taking every opportunity to pile on a guy that is being an exemplary team player.
This! All day long. Hey Techno, we are in the semis, a place where 14 and 9 have never been. Just be happy and not an ass.

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:24 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:57 am
Tucker was exemplary! The play where he took a blitzing LB in the face and delivered a strike for a first down sidearm, was good enough for me! He's a gamer!
Not to mention he had 70 + yards taken away by a bs reversal on the Jonsen catch, the bs call on the throwback when he threw to Snell and the inexcusable drop by Jonsen in the 4th.

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:15 am

No complaints about Tucker’s performance, only admiration and appreciation. He looked twice as good as Weber Qb, and the funny thing is, they both won!

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:15 am
No complaints about Tucker’s performance, only admiration and appreciation. He looked twice as good as Weber Qb, and the funny thing is, they both won!
The thing with Sneed is, yes he has more games where he just goes out and wins games almost single handily, but then there’s games where he just completely drops an egg. Rovig may not be as flashy of a QB, but he does what he is asked to do, and doesn’t try to do too much and force the issue like Sneed does at times, like he did last night. Also, you can see Rovig just improving the more experience he is getting, Sneed on the other hand is a roller coaster...but to your point it is pretty funny you hear all season from Griz fans that we won’t make it very far without a top QB (like a Sneed type I guess) but yet two of the bottom ranked teams in terms of passing yards in the BSC are moving on.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:51 am

Rovig played well. He threw it well, he made the correct reads in the run game when asked, and as bleedingblue said he got jobbed out of a good statistical performance. Is he good enough to win us a game down 10 in the 4th? I guess time will tell but he's a big part of this run we're on, believe that. Last night he hit several stick movers at critical times.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 am

The Weber and MSU coaches have stayed focused and committed to the running game. I think that has proven to be a formula for success. When you throw the ball 3 things can happen and two of them are bad...Even on our non-scoring drives we were burning clock and punishing them. Now if we ever have to come from way behind it may not work. Rovig knows his role, isn't a primadonna, does his job, and does it well.

CoachYoast
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CoachYoast » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 am

Comparing statistics between Rovig and Sneed is silly. They're both obviously in two very different situations. Heck, Rovig would never even get the chance to throw 5 picks. UM's offense is based on passing the ball, because Sneed is good at it, and they really don't have any good RB's, or a good OL.

If you were to put Sneed in an offense where he didn't have to be the primary, and really only, way the offense could move, his efficiency would improve. Rovig has the benefit of playing in a run dominant offense that sucks the front 7 towards the LOS. He's quite simply not being asked to do very much. He can throw crossers, late. He actually throws a pretty nice rainbow deep ball. It gives his guys a chance to make a play on the ball. His hitches are consistently low and late. Had one last night to Kassis where he simply didn't give Kassis a chance to do anything after he caught the ball, because despite being wide open, and having a good pocket, he threw it to Kassis's feet. Sure, it's a completion. It's a first down. It's also a bad throw. Those are the kind of examples I'm talking about. If we have to pass, and the defense knows we have to pass, can Rovig get it done? I'm pretty skeptical. The Bobcats certainly aren't winning because of Rovig's play, I can tell you that much. He has improved, a lot, but right now he's nothing more than average.

I'm not going off of stats. I'm going off of what I see. I'm not saying this to rip on Rovig. I think he's doing the best he can, and like I said, he's improved a lot. With that said, we're as far as we are because of our defense and our running game, and that's a fact Jack.

Alfrank60
New Recruit

Post by Alfrank60 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:27 am

Choate is awesome, but clearly the greatest Coach in Bobcat History is.....
BOBBY HAUCK!! Lol 😂

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:32 am

CoachYoast wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 am
Comparing statistics between Rovig and Sneed is silly. They're both obviously in two very different situations. Heck, Rovig would never even get the chance to throw 5 picks. UM's offense is based on passing the ball, because Sneed is good at it, and they really don't have any good RB's, or a good OL.

If you were to put Sneed in an offense where he didn't have to be the primary, and really only, way the offense could move, his efficiency would improve. Rovig has the benefit of playing in a run dominant offense that sucks the front 7 towards the LOS. He's quite simply not being asked to do very much. He can throw crossers, late. He actually throws a pretty nice rainbow deep ball. It gives his guys a chance to make a play on the ball. His hitches are consistently low and late. Had one last night to Kassis where he simply didn't give Kassis a chance to do anything after he caught the ball, because despite being wide open, and having a good pocket, he threw it to Kassis's feet. Sure, it's a completion. It's a first down. It's also a bad throw. Those are the kind of examples I'm talking about. If we have to pass, and the defense knows we have to pass, can Rovig get it done? I'm pretty skeptical. The Bobcats certainly aren't winning because of Rovig's play, I can tell you that much. He has improved, a lot, but right now he's nothing more than average.

I'm not going off of stats. I'm going off of what I see. I'm not saying this to rip on Rovig. I think he's doing the best he can, and like I said, he's improved a lot. With that said, we're as far as we are because of our defense and our running game, and that's a fact Jack.
COACH YOAST!!! YOU CANT BENCH MY BOY, YOAST! YOOOOOOAAAAASSSTTTT!!!!!!!

RobertoGato

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:35 am

It's amusing thinking back on Griz fans telling me that Choate's success is only due to Andersen and that without him this team can't succeed. Oops!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:39 am

RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:35 am
It's amusing thinking back on Griz fans telling me that Choate's success is only due to Andersen and that without him this team can't succeed. Oops!
Oh ya we’ve had to hear that for 2 years. In fairness, we have our own fans who thought we were a one man team.

I’ve been labeled cocky these last few weeks but just maybe people will start seeing that this is an elite TEAM?! Not just a one man show.

Feel bad for Troy though. Wish he could be a part of this final ride.

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:41 am

I heard the same crap. The one I really laugh at is them continuing to spout about how veteran and experienced their staff is. BOBBY ASSEMBLED THE GANG , the problem is nobody else wanted to hire the gang. The only way they will change is to continue to just beat it out of them.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:39 am
RobertoGato wrote:
Oh ya we’ve had to hear that for 2 years. In fairness, we have our own fans who thought we were a one man team.

I’ve been labeled cocky these last few weeks but just maybe people will start seeing that this is an elite TEAM?! Not just a one man show.

I see that Colter says Troy’s out for the season. Is that confirmed anywhere else? Would love for him to be able to play in the Chipper.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

RobertoGato

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:39 am
RobertoGato wrote:

I'm still going to give it a few more weeks before I decide if you're a closet Griz fan or not.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:54 am

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:41 am
So, you Rovig haters started the year slamming the kid because supposedly he was soft, had no confidence and the team didnt want to play for him. The kid is now one game from the national championship, has won 6 games in a row. Being a winner is more than stats. It's making people around you better. Its obvious this team is better with him and he's a leader on the field. He's not putting up world beating numbers, he's not being asked to do it either. Just give it a rest. Your team is in the semis for the first time in 35 freaking years and all you can do is complain YOUR STARTING QB ONLY THREW FOR 100 yards. Who.....f-ing cares? Stats are for losers, the scoreboard is the only stat that counts. Your Cats are one of 4 teams left playing this coming week and ROVIG IS YOUR QB.
I don’t recall any posters here saying any of those things.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:57 am

PapaG wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:54 am
KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:41 am
So, you Rovig haters started the year slamming the kid because supposedly he was soft, had no confidence and the team didnt want to play for him. The kid is now one game from the national championship, has won 6 games in a row. Being a winner is more than stats. It's making people around you better. Its obvious this team is better with him and he's a leader on the field. He's not putting up world beating numbers, he's not being asked to do it either. Just give it a rest. Your team is in the semis for the first time in 35 freaking years and all you can do is complain YOUR STARTING QB ONLY THREW FOR 100 yards. Who.....f-ing cares? Stats are for losers, the scoreboard is the only stat that counts. Your Cats are one of 4 teams left playing this coming week and ROVIG IS YOUR QB.
I don’t recall any posters here saying any of those things.

Basically just Hi Line at this point

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:58 am

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:59 am

RobertoGato wrote:
Who is this Andersen you speak of? :lol:

Seriously, I hope we get him back for next week, but if not he'll play in the Natty!