Mitch Brott!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9541
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Credit to Mitch for sticking around and thriving. I think his recruiting class had something like 30 people in it, and only a small handful ended up becoming impactful players for MSU. Almost all of these guys signed as partial scholarship or walk-ons. I don't think any of the full scholarship kids in this class panned out.

Brott
Konkol
Logan Jones
Hill
Bryson McCabe (believe it or not)
Cozzie
Ferriter

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... ilit=brott



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4649
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:22 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
Sometimes the other team runs a lot more plays. So more possible tackles.



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9794
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:58 pm

I forgot about Bryson McCabe, dude was a stud.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3318
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
Somewhat related note, Griz fans were applauding that Mallory OL of theirs all year for his pancake block and then just laying on top of the guy he pancaked. Got flagged for it against the Cats.
Nothing wrong with it...until the whistle blows. Doing it after the play when opposing players are pulling you off, that's when it gets flagged. On that play, Josh Hill came on a blitz and just missed Sneed. Hill laid on the ground after missing the sack and Mallory decided to just lay on top of him. Didn't even pancake him. Cmon man.
Laying on a player is holding, isn't it?



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7124
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
Somewhat related note, Griz fans were applauding that Mallory OL of theirs all year for his pancake block and then just laying on top of the guy he pancaked. Got flagged for it against the Cats.
Nothing wrong with it...until the whistle blows. Doing it after the play when opposing players are pulling you off, that's when it gets flagged. On that play, Josh Hill came on a blitz and just missed Sneed. Hill laid on the ground after missing the sack and Mallory decided to just lay on top of him. Didn't even pancake him. Cmon man.
Laying on a player is holding, isn't it?
Usually a lineman will do the "skydiver" pose signifying they aren't holding...gravity is just working in their favor.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
Somewhat related note, Griz fans were applauding that Mallory OL of theirs all year for his pancake block and then just laying on top of the guy he pancaked. Got flagged for it against the Cats.
Nothing wrong with it...until the whistle blows. Doing it after the play when opposing players are pulling you off, that's when it gets flagged. On that play, Josh Hill came on a blitz and just missed Sneed. Hill laid on the ground after missing the sack and Mallory decided to just lay on top of him. Didn't even pancake him. Cmon man.
Laying on a player is holding, isn't it?
Usually a lineman will do the "skydiver" pose signifying they aren't holding...gravity is just working in their favor.
Watched Mallory do this a couple times during the game, you could tell he was getting frustrated throughout the game, so laying on a guy was easier than getting beat off the line. Glad the refs finally threw a flag after the 3rd time.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7124
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
Somewhat related note, Griz fans were applauding that Mallory OL of theirs all year for his pancake block and then just laying on top of the guy he pancaked. Got flagged for it against the Cats.
Nothing wrong with it...until the whistle blows. Doing it after the play when opposing players are pulling you off, that's when it gets flagged. On that play, Josh Hill came on a blitz and just missed Sneed. Hill laid on the ground after missing the sack and Mallory decided to just lay on top of him. Didn't even pancake him. Cmon man.
Laying on a player is holding, isn't it?
Usually a lineman will do the "skydiver" pose signifying they aren't holding...gravity is just working in their favor.
Watched Mallory do this a couple times during the game, you could tell he was getting frustrated throughout the game, so laying on a guy was easier than getting beat off the line. Glad the refs finally threw a flag after the 3rd time.
Now...blowing a guy off the ball and pancaking him in the ground game is one thing. Getting beat then acting like you won a matchup by laying on a guy is another thing.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1603
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by RobertCats » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Image



User avatar
WalkOn79
Member # Retired
Posts: 2288
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D


"The pride and tradition
of Montana State football
will not be entrusted to
the timid or weak!"

Cliff Hysell, RIP

User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8128
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by cats2506 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

User avatar
WalkOn79
Member # Retired
Posts: 2288
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Yeah but maybe four were TFL's or for no gain. the rest were 6 to 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Volume tackling just doesn't impress me much.


"The pride and tradition
of Montana State football
will not be entrusted to
the timid or weak!"

Cliff Hysell, RIP

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3318
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Yeah but maybe four were TFL's or for no gain. the rest were 6 to 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Volume tackling just doesn't impress me much.
PREACH BABY PREACH!



User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3756
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by coachouert » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:23 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 pm
Image
LET'S GO!!!!


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7124
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:24 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Yeah but maybe four were TFL's or for no gain. the rest were 6 to 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Volume tackling just don't impress me much.
FIFY

(Had to give a shout out to Shania)


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Next year could be a really tough year for the Griz. They lose their two best players on offense in Sneed and JLM along with a starter in TE Bingham and two starters from their O-line. On defense, they lose their two best players on defense in Olsen and Sims along with starters Calhoun and Sandry.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7124
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Next year could be a really tough year for the Griz. They lose their two best players on offense in Sneed and JLM along with a starter in TE Bingham and two starters from their O-line. On defense, they lose their two best players on defense in Olsen and Sims along with starters Calhoun and Sandry.
May have a drop off with Sneed leaving. However, I guess I disagree on the rest. Sulser is a very capable replacement for JLM (assuming Gabe can get healthy). When all were healthy, Bingham was part of a three TE rotation that included Colin, Bryson Deming, and Matt Rensvold. Deming/Rensvold will be a tough pair to stop the next two years. They do lose two senior lineman but Hauck has started to replenish that unit so it won't be having anymore steep drop-offs year to year (this is me saying I like the players they have in the pipeline). They do lose Sims but do return a slew of a other starters/contributors and Rfr. Alex Gubner has the makings of a future All-Big Sky player. Jace Lewis will return and their will be plenty of depth to choose from at the other spot. They'll get healthy at corner going into next year and should be able to replace Calhoun's pretty seamlessly. As for Sandry, they have a better player who got significant reps this year in Nash Fouch.

I used to always think each year back in the 00's that the Griz would lose a step when one of their stars graduated but Hauck always had depth ready to go so I'm going to not think that way this time around. Sneed will be a big hit but Hauck will bring in plenty of competition to find a signal caller to get the job done. Hauck will continue to place an emphasis on the lines and bringing in a slew of RB's for recruiting so the look of the Griz will change the next few years. However, I fully believe in the Bobcats ability to reload instead of rebuild based on the way Choate has built the program. Basically, don't really care what the Griz do...the Bobcats should always compete with them at everything.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1603
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by RobertCats » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Next year could be a really tough year for the Griz. They lose their two best players on offense in Sneed and JLM along with a starter in TE Bingham and two starters from their O-line. On defense, they lose their two best players on defense in Olsen and Sims along with starters Calhoun and Sandry.
May have a drop off with Sneed leaving. However, I guess I disagree on the rest. Sulser is a very capable replacement for JLM (assuming Gabe can get healthy). When all were healthy, Bingham was part of a three TE rotation that included Colin, Bryson Deming, and Matt Rensvold. Deming/Rensvold will be a tough pair to stop the next two years. They do lose two senior lineman but Hauck has started to replenish that unit so it won't be having anymore steep drop-offs year to year (this is me saying I like the players they have in the pipeline). They do lose Sims but do return a slew of a other starters/contributors and Rfr. Alex Gubner has the makings of a future All-Big Sky player. Jace Lewis will return and their will be plenty of depth to choose from at the other spot. They'll get healthy at corner going into next year and should be able to replace Calhoun's pretty seamlessly. As for Sandry, they have a better player who got significant reps this year in Nash Fouch.

I used to always think each year back in the 00's that the Griz would lose a step when one of their stars graduated but Hauck always had depth ready to go so I'm going to not think that way this time around. Sneed will be a big hit but Hauck will bring in plenty of competition to find a signal caller to get the job done. Hauck will continue to place an emphasis on the lines and bringing in a slew of RB's for recruiting so the look of the Griz will change the next few years. However, I fully believe in the Bobcats ability to reload instead of rebuild based on the way Choate has built the program. Basically, don't really care what the Griz do...the Bobcats should always compete with them at everything.
Sulser scares me more than JLM honestly, I think he is more versatile of a wr. What was his injury?



User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:53 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Next year could be a really tough year for the Griz. They lose their two best players on offense in Sneed and JLM along with a starter in TE Bingham and two starters from their O-line. On defense, they lose their two best players on defense in Olsen and Sims along with starters Calhoun and Sandry.
May have a drop off with Sneed leaving. However, I guess I disagree on the rest. Sulser is a very capable replacement for JLM (assuming Gabe can get healthy). When all were healthy, Bingham was part of a three TE rotation that included Colin, Bryson Deming, and Matt Rensvold. Deming/Rensvold will be a tough pair to stop the next two years. They do lose two senior lineman but Hauck has started to replenish that unit so it won't be having anymore steep drop-offs year to year (this is me saying I like the players they have in the pipeline). They do lose Sims but do return a slew of a other starters/contributors and Rfr. Alex Gubner has the makings of a future All-Big Sky player. Jace Lewis will return and their will be plenty of depth to choose from at the other spot. They'll get healthy at corner going into next year and should be able to replace Calhoun's pretty seamlessly. As for Sandry, they have a better player who got significant reps this year in Nash Fouch.

I used to always think each year back in the 00's that the Griz would lose a step when one of their stars graduated but Hauck always had depth ready to go so I'm going to not think that way this time around. Sneed will be a big hit but Hauck will bring in plenty of competition to find a signal caller to get the job done. Hauck will continue to place an emphasis on the lines and bringing in a slew of RB's for recruiting so the look of the Griz will change the next few years. However, I fully believe in the Bobcats ability to reload instead of rebuild based on the way Choate has built the program. Basically, don't really care what the Griz do...the Bobcats should always compete with them at everything.
Sulser scares me more than JLM honestly, I think he is more versatile of a wr. What was his injury?
Agreed. Sulser's FAST. JLM scared me more as a punt return guy. And honestly I thought he was a better WR when he was a Freshman and Sophomore. Maybe that's because they didn't have Akem and Toure then. I think JLM was their 4th best skill position player on offense.


Image

User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:06 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:53 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Next year could be a really tough year for the Griz. They lose their two best players on offense in Sneed and JLM along with a starter in TE Bingham and two starters from their O-line. On defense, they lose their two best players on defense in Olsen and Sims along with starters Calhoun and Sandry.
May have a drop off with Sneed leaving. However, I guess I disagree on the rest. Sulser is a very capable replacement for JLM (assuming Gabe can get healthy). When all were healthy, Bingham was part of a three TE rotation that included Colin, Bryson Deming, and Matt Rensvold. Deming/Rensvold will be a tough pair to stop the next two years. They do lose two senior lineman but Hauck has started to replenish that unit so it won't be having anymore steep drop-offs year to year (this is me saying I like the players they have in the pipeline). They do lose Sims but do return a slew of a other starters/contributors and Rfr. Alex Gubner has the makings of a future All-Big Sky player. Jace Lewis will return and their will be plenty of depth to choose from at the other spot. They'll get healthy at corner going into next year and should be able to replace Calhoun's pretty seamlessly. As for Sandry, they have a better player who got significant reps this year in Nash Fouch.

I used to always think each year back in the 00's that the Griz would lose a step when one of their stars graduated but Hauck always had depth ready to go so I'm going to not think that way this time around. Sneed will be a big hit but Hauck will bring in plenty of competition to find a signal caller to get the job done. Hauck will continue to place an emphasis on the lines and bringing in a slew of RB's for recruiting so the look of the Griz will change the next few years. However, I fully believe in the Bobcats ability to reload instead of rebuild based on the way Choate has built the program. Basically, don't really care what the Griz do...the Bobcats should always compete with them at everything.
Sulser scares me more than JLM honestly, I think he is more versatile of a wr. What was his injury?
Agreed. Sulser's FAST. JLM scared me more as a punt return guy. And honestly I thought he was a better WR when he was a Freshman and Sophomore. Maybe that's because they didn't have Akem and Toure then. I think JLM was their 4th best skill position player on offense.
With Akem, Toure, and their TE's back next year...along with an improved running game...I'd imagine a more than capable QB will step in to replace Sneed. Those WR's could make any average QB look good. Didn't they redshirt a QB this year that they are pretty high on?


Image

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7742
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by allcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:26 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:20 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.
That's the least impactful 18 tackles I've ever seen in a game :D
Actually I felt like #33 was in on practically every tackle, if he wasn't odds were pretty good that it was a long gain or a TD 8)
Next year could be a really tough year for the Griz. They lose their two best players on offense in Sneed and JLM along with a starter in TE Bingham and two starters from their O-line. On defense, they lose their two best players on defense in Olsen and Sims along with starters Calhoun and Sandry.
Having their best players out is not a problem unless opposing coaches still plan everything around them playing.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

Post Reply