Playoff Tickets

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: Playoff Tickets

Post by CodyCat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:48 am
I know we’re likely going to be looking at a 14k-ish crowd tomorrow.

I understand it’s not going to be standing room only, but I’m honestly still a little disappointed in that number if that what it ends up being.
Coming off of a dominant win against our rival, #5 seed in the playoffs with a very winnable game, very likely the last home game of the season, it’s not thanksgiving weekend, weather looks to be good for most the state, so bad roads shouldn’t come into play. How do we not get 16k+ with all of those factors?

Hopefully we’ll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow, but we’ll see...
I can't disagree with what you're saying. I just look at it a bit differently because I went into the week with 15,000 being what I thought was a good number. Obviously I'd love more. But playoff games everywhere are a bit lower than regular season for a plethora of reasons so I guess I already set the bar a bit lower.

Considering this could easily be our last game until next September, I too would think more people would try to be here.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised?!
I know for myself and the four season tickets that I have it comes down to schedules. When schedules for the regular season come out so early its easy to plan the weekends we can make games. When the playoffs come around its much more difficult. If there is any chance to rearrange schedules so we can make it we absolutely do. There is nothing better than playoff games. Unfortunately for this year, we couldnt get our schedules rearranged to make this one. I am completely crushed about it. Its just hard to make the 1200 mile round trip on short notice. Hopefully next time.

Hating the griz since 02.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 am

btribby wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:48 am
I know we’re likely going to be looking at a 14k-ish crowd tomorrow.

I understand it’s not going to be standing room only, but I’m honestly still a little disappointed in that number if that what it ends up being.
Coming off of a dominant win against our rival, #5 seed in the playoffs with a very winnable game, very likely the last home game of the season, it’s not thanksgiving weekend, weather looks to be good for most the state, so bad roads shouldn’t come into play. How do we not get 16k+ with all of those factors?

Hopefully we’ll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow, but we’ll see...
I can't disagree with what you're saying. I just look at it a bit differently because I went into the week with 15,000 being what I thought was a good number. Obviously I'd love more. But playoff games everywhere are a bit lower than regular season for a plethora of reasons so I guess I already set the bar a bit lower.

Considering this could easily be our last game until next September, I too would think more people would try to be here.

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised?!
I know for myself and the four season tickets that I have it comes down to schedules. When schedules for the regular season come out so early its easy to plan the weekends we can make games. When the playoffs come around its much more difficult. If there is any chance to rearrange schedules so we can make it we absolutely do. There is nothing better than playoff games. Unfortunately for this year, we couldnt get our schedules rearranged to make this one. I am completely crushed about it. Its just hard to make the 1200 mile round trip on short notice. Hopefully next time.
Absolutely. Two weeks time is more than enough for some families but not even close for other families' schedules. Everyone has a lot of moving parts, especially with high school sports in swing.

And while the Brawl was obviously an awesome game, we have to remember that for some families, that is THEE game they make their schedules work to go to. I know a couple families personally who were able to get that weekend off from work, but the tradeoff is they have to work this weekend. I'm sure that is the case for many.

All that said, I'm still feeling good about 14,000+. 15 or more would be awesome! And if I'm not mistaken, either of those totals would be the most we've ever gotten for a playoff game correct? Enjoy the ride!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:29 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:58 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:29 pm
That's awesome!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm

What is the capacity of the student section? I see there are over 2,000 tickets “donated” with the university stepping up for some more.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Based on the seating chart on TicketsWest, I'd be pleased if there's 11,000 for tomorrow. A L O T of open sideline seats - like at least 40%. Endzone is showing something probably close to 70%, and who knows on the student sections - they're just blank.

I'm puzzled why it's so hard to find the game on TicketsWest, most of the MSU ticket links go to the main TicketsWest page, on which you can't find the game even by searching the event. There's one link on the MSU Bobcats site under "FCS Playoffs" that will get you there, but pretty hard to find.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:22 am

KittieKop wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:39 pm
Based on the seating chart on TicketsWest, I'd be pleased if there's 11,000 for tomorrow.
You’re going to be VERY pleased then! \:D/