Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by LIBBYCAT » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:15 pm

This and the buzzing Hornet are the only humor around here this week!

Back to All-bane-e!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:05 pm
I posted the Southeastern Louisiana story in this thread accidentally before posting it in the Skyline Sports thread. I have asked for it to be deleted. It has not. I will try my best to not post anything in any thread that is not on topic again. I am sorry for anyone that I offended. I feel neither indignant nor insulted as I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. Have a great day and thanks for reading!
I just saw your report to remove it. At this point it's been quoted so many times by others that removing all of them is more a pain that it is worth to me and just removing your post wouldn't get it out of here due to those quoted posts. We are already at page 11 of the game thread and we still have 3 days until the game itself. I don't think it is going to harm anyone to scroll by that post, just move along folks.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Since everyone is already chippy and bickering I'm blaming @RobertoGato for this nonsense since he posted the gameday thread way too early and stole @catsrback76's job :lol:

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:42 pm

coachouert wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm
Glad people got their pitchforks as an early Christmas present this year.
:lol:

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Colter, thanks for your professional response.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

UA Fan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UA Fan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Jeez, I don’t post for a day and this thread goes completely off the rails! A possible Griz fan interloper posting to the wrong thread. Sounds like something that happens over on BigPurpleFans. As long as he remembers it’s AWL-buh-knee and not you can call me AL-bundy I’m ok with him scattering loose Griz fur in the official unofficial albany@montana State thread. Wait till you see the plane land with the big dog painted on the tail. Breathtaking.

Ok, cocktail hour has arrived in our side of the country. Here’s to a safe, competitive and entertaining game on Saturday! And thanks for letting me hang out with you folks. Throw out the records, throw out the stats and Let’s Get Ready To Rumble! Oooh...I think he trademarked that. Sorry Mike!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:26 pm

UA Fan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm
Jeez, I don’t post for a day and this thread goes completely off the rails! A possible Griz fan interloper posting to the wrong thread. Sounds like something that happens over on BigPurpleFans. As long as he remembers it’s AWL-buh-knee and not you can call me AL-bundy I’m ok with him scattering loose Griz fur in the official unofficial albany@montana State thread. Wait till you see the plane land with the big dog painted on the tail. Breathtaking.

Ok, cocktail hour has arrived in our side of the country. Here’s to a safe, competitive and entertaining game on Saturday! And thanks for letting me hang out with you folks. Throw out the records, throw out the stats and Let’s Get Ready To Rumble! Oooh...I think he trademarked that. Sorry Mike!
You guys need a plane painted like the "Mystery Machine" 8)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:29 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:34 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
I posted the Southeastern Louisiana story in this thread accidentally before posting it in the Skyline Sports thread. I have asked for it to be deleted. It has not. I will try my best to not post anything in any thread that is not on topic again. I am sorry for anyone that I offended. I feel neither indignant nor insulted as I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. Have a great day and thanks for reading!
I just saw your report to remove it. At this point it's been quoted so many times by others that removing all of them is more a pain that it is worth to me and just removing your post wouldn't get it out of here due to those quoted posts. We are already at page 11 of the game thread and we still have 3 days until the game itself. I don't think it is going to harm anyone to scroll by that post, just move along folks.
You're the man, KMAX!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:51 pm

UA Fan wrote:

Ha ha I was just thinking what our new UA posters and lurkers would think of how this thread got of the rails. Let me just say it is nothing new happens about once a month (hmmmm makes ya wonder). IMO there is a tiny bit of validity to the complaints but they are far over blown at the same time. There is all kinds of history behind the tension that can rear its ugly head now and again and I won't try to explain it or bore you with it.
I've enjoyed reading your posts here and really think that a fan like you who has followed the Great Danes since the 70s owes it to yourself to come out here with your team and enjoy what I think will be one of the greatest game day college atmospheres you and your team will have experienced.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 pm

kmax wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Disagree. I feel triggered by this microaggression .... :coffee:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 pm
kmax wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Is this where I insert the "snowflake" comment? I can't keep up with all of current trendy back and forths for the pc/anti-pc crowds....

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm
msuhunter wrote:
kmax wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Is this where I insert the "snowflake" comment? I can't keep up with all of current trendy back and forths for the pc/anti-pc crowds....
Yes. This is the correct juncture. However, note that that statement will likewise trigger another microaggression response.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm
kmax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm
msuhunter wrote:
kmax wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Yes. This is the correct juncture. However, note that that statement will likewise trigger another microaggression response.
So noted.

So about this game we have coming up against the University of Albany........

UA Fan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UA Fan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:51 pm
UA Fan wrote:

Ha ha I was just thinking what our new UA posters and lurkers would think of how this thread got of the rails. Let me just say it is nothing new happens about once a month (hmmmm makes ya wonder). IMO there is a tiny bit of validity to the complaints but they are far over blown at the same time. There is all kinds of history behind the tension that can rear its ugly head now and again and I won't try to explain it or bore you with it.
I've enjoyed reading your posts here and really think that a fan like you who has followed the Great Danes since the 70s owes it to yourself to come out here with your team and enjoy what I think will be one of the greatest game day college atmospheres you and your team will have experienced.
Well, I don’t think this’ll be the time I’ll make it to Montana, but it sounds like fun. Now should they some how squeak through to Frisco (and that would be some serious squeaking) I could see trying to convince my better half to let me go to Texas. But I’m not holding my breath on that one. Speaking of tension, we have a similar relationship with with $iena fans. When I was in college we were D3 and they were transitioning up to higher levels. The games were intense and competitive. Their side used to chant “beat Albany High”...while our side would respond with “beat St Rose”...which is another local Catholic college and I think all female at the time. All good fun I guess.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 pm

17 pages?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

UA Fan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UA Fan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Meant to say the Albany vs $iena basketball games. The last time UA played them in football was a UA blowout...something like 72-8. But that was a long time ago.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 pm
Since everyone is already chippy and bickering I'm blaming @RobertoGato for this nonsense since he posted the gameday thread way too early and stole @catsrback76's job :lol:
I say we use this thread as a discussion about the upcoming game and start a new thread on Saturday that is actually a true game day thread. Not sure why this one was started so early with the same title as our typical game day threads.

And for everyone getting on Colter’s case?

Damn. Relax...

CPrice91

Post by CPrice91 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Well, few minutes of my life I'll never get back, reading through that :lol:

St George

Post by St George » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Can you imagine if Coulter had posted an article about MSU VS Albany on egiz.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:41 pm

St George wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Can you imagine if Coulter had posted an article about MSU VS Albany on egiz.
Haha I did! I have posted all my playoff content on both boards. I posted the Choate post-game stuff after Cat-Griz on the game thread...went well.