Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Gird up thy loins. They're calling this one the Undercuffler Kerfuffle Scuffle of 2019.



User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:31 pm

These guys give up 144 yards rushing per game and just surrendered 199 at home to CCST.

I legitimately believe that cats will break 400 yards on the ground.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4032
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:31 pm

They’re guys were pretty cocky out there today. I predict they won’t be this time next Saturday.



btribby
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Southern Wyoming

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by btribby » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm

I think that Albany is a really quality opponent. We will have to play a great game to win. All opponents from here on out are great football teams.


When I Wake Up In The Morning I Piss Blue and Gold

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Rich K » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Here's the link to the Albany forum.
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/ ... ld-hockey/


Image

User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:56 pm

btribby wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm
I think that Albany is a really quality opponent. We will have to play a great game to win. All opponents from here on out are great football teams.
Disagree. There's no apples to apples comparison because of conference, but I would guess that Albany is maybe the 6th best FCS opponent that MSU has had to play. They're going to get wrecked.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm
Here's the link to the Albany forum.
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/ ... ld-hockey/
1,660 reported attendance for their home game today. I have to believe our crowd will have an impact as well



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4032
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 pm

btribby wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm
I think that Albany is a really quality opponent. We will have to play a great game to win. All opponents from here on out are great football teams.
Without sounding like an arrogant ass, what did you see to make you think they’re so good? I honestly didn’t see it.



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6309
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:13 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:31 pm
These guys give up 144 yards rushing per game and just surrendered 199 at home to CCST.

I legitimately believe that cats will break 400 yards on the ground.
Obviously we have to secure the win, but if it's there, I think we need to use this opportunity to get Tucker Rovig dialed in. I'm for, dare I say, throwing for more than 200 yards! I think Travis Jonsen will have a big day, both in the +1 running game, and also catching the ball. Hopefully we can keep Troy on the shelf and use Ifanse and Jones lightly. Lane Sumner will have huge day as well.



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Rich K » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:14 pm

It's being reported that Albany qb Jeff Undercuffler has set a FCS season record (39) for touchdown passes by a freshman.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... dercuffler


Image

User avatar
nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1246
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by nevadacat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:14 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm
Here's the link to the Albany forum.
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/ ... ld-hockey/
Tried to register and say hello. Their security check question must be a secret. Good luck.


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Rich K » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:19 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:14 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm
Here's the link to the Albany forum.
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/ ... ld-hockey/
Tried to register and say hello. Their security check question must be a secret. Good luck.
I can't even get to the security question. They won't even allow my gmail address. It's not important enough for me to sign in to create a new one or figure out which of my addresses they will permit.


Image

Catsrgrood
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Location: Billings

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Catsrgrood » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Their QB looked pretty solid once he settled in.
I think the Cats pass rushers and crowd noise will be something he isn’t used to though, so I don’t see him sitting back and getting into a rhythm like that next week. I would hope our DB’s will do a substantially better job sticking with their receivers too.

They are absolutely a solid team, but there wasn’t anything that really jumped out to me about them either.
I don’t think this is going to be a 48-7 type game for Cats. But if they play like they should and how they have been the last month, this game shouldn’t ever be in question.



User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:21 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:13 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:31 pm
These guys give up 144 yards rushing per game and just surrendered 199 at home to CCST.

I legitimately believe that cats will break 400 yards on the ground.
Obviously we have to secure the win, but if it's there, I think we need to use this opportunity to get Tucker Rovig dialed in. I'm for, dare I say, throwing for more than 200 yards! I think Travis Jonsen will have a big day, both in the +1 running game, and also catching the ball. Hopefully we can keep Troy on the shelf and use Ifanse and Jones lightly. Lane Sumner will have huge day as well.
I could definitely see them giving Troy another week off. That would be four weeks from the UCD game.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6643
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:28 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 pm
btribby wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm
I think that Albany is a really quality opponent. We will have to play a great game to win. All opponents from here on out are great football teams.
Without sounding like an arrogant ass, what did you see to make you think they’re so good? I honestly didn’t see it.
You weren't impressed at all by their QB or the WR hauling in those great TD catches? Sure, the QB looked bad in the first quarter but once the settled down, he looked great I thought.


Image

User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3873
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by RickRund » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm
Here's the link to the Albany forum.
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/ ... ld-hockey/
1,660 reported attendance for their home game today. I have to believe our crowd will have an impact as well
The CATS have three times that at their tailgates.



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4313
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Cledus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:19 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:14 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm
Here's the link to the Albany forum.
http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/ ... ld-hockey/
Tried to register and say hello. Their security check question must be a secret. Good luck.
I can't even get to the security question. They won't even allow my gmail address. It's not important enough for me to sign in to create a new one or figure out which of my addresses they will permit.
I tried to send a message to the admins with no success. Said I failed the security check. They might have new users and private messages disabled.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6643
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:37 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:28 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 pm
btribby wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm
I think that Albany is a really quality opponent. We will have to play a great game to win. All opponents from here on out are great football teams.
Without sounding like an arrogant ass, what did you see to make you think they’re so good? I honestly didn’t see it.
You weren't impressed at all by their QB or the WR hauling in those great TD catches? Sure, the QB looked bad in the first quarter but once the settled down, he looked great I thought.
Also - CCU has a very good offense, and Albany shut them down after getting roasted a bit early on.

Its hard to compare I guess but unlike others here I think Albany will be a real test for the Cats.


Image

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by Rich K » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm
Their QB looked pretty solid once he settled in.
I think the Cats pass rushers and crowd noise will be something he isn’t used to though, so I don’t see him sitting back and getting into a rhythm like that next week. I would hope our DB’s will do a substantially better job sticking with their receivers too.

They are absolutely a solid team, but there wasn’t anything that really jumped out to me about them either.
I don’t think this is going to be a 48-7 type game for Cats. But if they play like they should and how they have been the last month, this game shouldn’t ever be in question.
Looking at some of #18's stats, just kidding, Undercuffler's stats he's absolutely not a dual threat quarterback. He played in 4 games and redshirted last year. This year his rushing numbers are usually <0 per game. He has started every game this year (13) so with last year's 4 games this will be his 18th start. He's obviously past the freshman jitters stage.
This guy looks like he has a future.


Image

User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:37 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:28 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 pm
btribby wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm
I think that Albany is a really quality opponent. We will have to play a great game to win. All opponents from here on out are great football teams.
Without sounding like an arrogant ass, what did you see to make you think they’re so good? I honestly didn’t see it.
You weren't impressed at all by their QB or the WR hauling in those great TD catches? Sure, the QB looked bad in the first quarter but once the settled down, he looked great I thought.
Also - CCU has a very good offense, and Albany shut them down after getting roasted a bit early on.

Its hard to compare I guess but unlike others here I think Albany will be a real test for the Cats.
Are you sure about that? I know they scored a lot of points this season, but that NE Confence is pretty pitiful.



Post Reply