Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:58 am

Watch our potential matchup this morning I don't know enough about either program to predict but will be watching



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by catatac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 am

Yup, ditto. Looks like I get pretty much all the games on my Roku. I wasn't sure if it was worth it when I first bought it but I've gotten to catch a lot of games with it, and there's a lot of other good programs as well.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by catatac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am

Holy shizzz. Watching Monmouth\Holy Cross. There are only bleachers on one side of the field. Wow. There are MT High School games with way more people in attendance. Embarrassing.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:50 am

catatac wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am
Holy shizzz. Watching Monmouth\Holy Cross. There are only bleachers on one side of the field. Wow. There are MT High School games with way more people in attendance. Embarrassing.
I understand that take but have never really thought it was fair. These are universities in either very high populous areas or very near very populous areas. Holy cross is in a city of like 190,000. These small schools in some of these areas are so low on the athletic totem pole it’s not even fair.

We’re very lucky in this state for sure. But it’s like people from other areas thinking it’s “embarrassing” that we don’t have a pro sports team! It is what it is. We have great support here because we’re the only show in town so to speak. I’m very appreciative of what we have but don’t in any way think the support these other schools get is embarrassing. It’s just different.



MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:54 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:50 am
catatac wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am
Holy shizzz. Watching Monmouth\Holy Cross. There are only bleachers on one side of the field. Wow. There are MT High School games with way more people in attendance. Embarrassing.
I understand that take but have never really thought it was fair. These are universities in either very high populous areas or very near very populous areas. Holy cross is in a city of like 190,000. These small schools in some of these areas are so low on the athletic totem pole it’s not even fair.

We’re very lucky in this state for sure. But it’s like people from other areas thinking it’s “embarrassing” that we don’t have a pro sports team! It is what it is. We have great support here because we’re the only show in town so to speak. I’m very appreciative of what we have but don’t in any way think the support these other schools get is embarrassing. It’s just different.
Agree not fair to compare for example I live In Seattle and was at the apple cup yesterday, makes bobcat stadium look tiny



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:02 pm

MSUBRONCO wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:54 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:50 am
catatac wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am
Holy shizzz. Watching Monmouth\Holy Cross. There are only bleachers on one side of the field. Wow. There are MT High School games with way more people in attendance. Embarrassing.
I understand that take but have never really thought it was fair. These are universities in either very high populous areas or very near very populous areas. Holy cross is in a city of like 190,000. These small schools in some of these areas are so low on the athletic totem pole it’s not even fair.

We’re very lucky in this state for sure. But it’s like people from other areas thinking it’s “embarrassing” that we don’t have a pro sports team! It is what it is. We have great support here because we’re the only show in town so to speak. I’m very appreciative of what we have but don’t in any way think the support these other schools get is embarrassing. It’s just different.
Agree not fair to compare for example I live In Seattle and was at the apple cup yesterday, makes bobcat stadium look tiny
Exactly. That is a great example. I went to college with a buddy who grew up in Seattle. When he came to school here he always had little digs about our football. Even cat griz he thought was little and cute. It was condescending for sure. But it’s how all the fans from the big leagues view our level of football.

In no way do I think our football is embarrassing or anything because we have 20,000 fans at a game instead of 70,000. It’s just different and we’ll take all the fans we can get. If we had a couple pro teams and 50 other college teams in the area I’d guess it’d be different



MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:07 pm

I by no means was trying to diminish what MSU has, I love bobcat stadium big but not to big, it fills the needs, all about needs, perspective



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:14 pm

MSUBRONCO wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:07 pm
I by no means was trying to diminish what MSU has, I love bobcat stadium big but not to big, it fills the needs, all about needs, perspective
No I totally agree. Was just saying everyone’s support is different.



coochorama42
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by coochorama42 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:15 pm

For some reason, I feel like the CAA is overrated. I'm going with CCSU over Albany and SELA over Villanova today. Time to find out how wrong (or right) I've been all year...



catscat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by catscat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Our football is just as entertaining as any level. We can also be close enough to the field to not have to watch the game on the jumbo Tron.



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6326
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:21 pm

CC's all whites are SHARP!



catscat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by catscat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:22 pm

C Conn drives the field for 9 minutes to miss a FG. I didn't see anything that would make me believe that against the Cat defense they would have done anything other than a 3 and out.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:23 pm

CCSU offense looks very good with run-first, mobile quarterback who can throw as needed. They just had TD on opening drive called back on very iffy holding call, then missed a field goal which is a weak point.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:24 pm

Albany 3-and-out to respond. CCSU has six FCS road wins.



MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:25 pm

catscat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:22 pm
C Conn drives the field for 9 minutes to miss a FG. I didn't see anything that would make me believe that against the Cat defense they would have done anything other than a 3 and out.
yeah the hold killed them could be 7-0 instead 0-0, bad FG



MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:27 pm

7-0 CCSU
Last edited by MSUBRONCO on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by Catbacker_1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Need to keep CCUs QB in the pocket, he is definitely a dual threat guy


Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

CPrice91
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Impressed with the CCSU QB so far.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:29 pm

#5 RB on CCSU moves the pile three times in a row. Play action pass is a TD. 7-0 CCSU. This offense looks a lot like ... hmmm ... MSU. Quarterback can really run though. These guys look hard to defend. The only thing that cannot be measured is the line play. How would their offensive line hold up against our defensive line?



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by catatac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:33 pm

CPrice91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:28 pm
Impressed with the CCSU QB so far.
This, and their RB looks like a stud. They look pretty damn good so far.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Post Reply