Denial and Delusion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Denial and Delusion

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:26 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm
This really is a good topic of discussion for the off week and you hit the nail on the head about the griz fan base.
Some other satisfying gems.

On their game day thread. The first post said. " Let's get this ass beating started." Hahaha
The same guy a couple posts later predicted "48-14 good guys." 😁
Seeing the smugness wiped off of haucks face in the presser was fun. In typical Hauck classless fashion when asked what he thought coach Choate does good to prepare his players? Instead of throwing out some flattering coach speak he said "I don't know, I don't go to their practice."
In their fan podcast they repeatedly called us Bozeman State and said that nothing about the cats scared them at all. They were smug about every win the cats had all year.
Even Colter predicted the griz to cover the 5 points they were picked by as his lock of the week.
It was a fun week for sure.
Well, he wasn’t wrong so you’ve got to give credit where it’s due. :wink:

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 pm

seataccat wrote:

Even Colter predicted the griz to cover the 5 points they were picked by as his lock of the week.
Colter almost certainly knew Andersen wasn’t playing. I think that decision was made on Sunday or Monday.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:35 pm
seataccat wrote:

Colter almost certainly knew Andersen wasn’t playing. I think that decision was made on Sunday or Monday.
There has been a ton of talk by griz fans about how coach Choate has abused TA and cost him an NFL career and how without him Coach Choate will be exposed as a crappy coach.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:50 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:26 pm
seataccat wrote:
This really is a good topic of discussion for the off week and you hit the nail on the head about the griz fan base.

On their game day thread. The first post said. " Let's get this ass beating started." Hahaha
Seeing the smugness wiped off of haucks face in the presser was fun. In typical Hauck classless fashion when asked what he thought coach Choate does good to prepare his players? Instead of throwing out some flattering coach speak he said "I don't know, I don't go to their practice."
In their fan podcast they repeatedly called us Bozeman State and said that nothing about the cats scared them at all. They were smug about every win the cats had all year.
Yep, he was spot on... The GOOD GUYS won 48-14...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:54 pm

C'mon Nova! Let's up that delusion to another level!

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:24 pm
seataccat wrote:

Not true. Our gambling writer Sam Lewis predicted it as the lock of the week. He had inside info that Troy Andersen was out. I have not made a public pick in a few years.
You guys handled all the stuff around Cat/Griz about as straight up as would seem possible in this state with this rivalry. Lots of great content.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:19 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
seataccat wrote:

There has been a ton of talk by griz fans about how coach Choate has abused TA and cost him an NFL career and how without him Coach Choate will be exposed as a crappy coach.
Colter even though it's true you did not make a public pick, listening in on your prognostications it was clear you were convinced of a griz win...and that was what was covered by the "speculators" pick! 8)

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Cledus wrote:
seataccat wrote:

That poster was correct in both posts. It was an absolute ass beating by the good guys.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:25 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 pm
Cledus wrote:
seataccat wrote:

That poster was correct in both posts. It was an absolute ass beating by the good guys.
It's hard to stomach hearing the"good guys." Scott Gurnsey use to say it all the time and it always made me want to puke.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:30 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:25 pm
It's hard to stomach hearing the"good guys." Scott Gurnsey use to say it all the time and it always made me want to puke.
Speaking of Gurnsey...did he have anything to compete with his epic melt down after last year's game?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:34 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
seataccat wrote:

So TA has been named Newcomer of the year as a freshman, 1st Team All Big Sky as a sophomore at QB, and now 1st Team All Big Sky at linebacker as a junior. I can assure you that TA is on a lot of NFL teams radar.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:17 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Not true. Our gambling writer Sam Lewis predicted it as the lock of the week. He had inside info that Troy Andersen was out. I have not made a public pick in a few years.
Very interesting. If Sam Lewis knew Andersen was out, then I’d have to guess Hauck knew it, too. So he either didn’t believe it and game-planned for Andersen (inexplicably* even if he thought Andersen wasn’t out) or he made up the story about spending too much time preparing for Andersen out of whole cloth. MSU used 12 different players to run the ball other than Andersen the previous three games and Ifanse had just returned to very good reviews the prior game.

*Andersen didn’t take a lot of snaps at QB and had been banged up all year, so it’s odd that any coach would spend an abundance of time preparing for Andersen. He had just 11 carries the previous three games and took not much more than 20 snaps, if that many. Obviously you need to prep for it, but not at the expense of not spending time on what MSU was doing well, which was running the ball from multiple formations with multiple players/positions.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:17 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Very interesting. If Sam Lewis knew Andersen was out, then I’d have to guess Hauck knew it, too. So he either didn’t believe it and game-planned for Andersen (inexplicably* even if he thought Andersen wasn’t out) or he made up the story about spending too much time preparing for Andersen out of whole cloth. MSU used 12 different players to run the ball other than Andersen the previous three games and Ifanse had just returned to very good reviews the prior game.

*Andersen didn’t take a lot of snaps at QB and had been banged up all year, so it’s odd that any coach would spend an abundance of time preparing for Andersen. He had just 11 carries the previous three games and took not much more than 20 snaps, if that many. Obviously you need to prep for it, but not at the expense of not spending time on what MSU was doing well, which was running the ball from multiple formations with multiple players/positions.
Exactly. I said this right after his presser. We’ve seen lots of excuses from Hauck over the years, but this was easily the dumbest. We lost the game because we spent all week preparing for a linebacker to play quarterback. Even though he got less than 4 carries a game the last month...

Early in the season I thought it was so weird some griz fans insisted TA was going to be our starter. Despite what coaches, media and educated fans were telling them they simply refused to believe it! Maybe Hauck had the same mindset? It was just bizarre.

On a related note, I hope all of our future opponents are dumb enough to prepare all week to defend our linebacker who might touch the ball a few times offensively. :lol:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:26 am

I just love that excuse from Hauck! "Well of course they beat us, their best player didn't play!"

Huh?? :lol:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Exactly. I said this right after his presser. We’ve seen lots of excuses from Hauck over the years, but this was easily the dumbest. We lost the game because we spent all week preparing for a linebacker to play quarterback. Even though he got less than 4 carries a game the last month...

Early in the season I thought it was so weird some griz fans insisted TA was going to be our starter. Despite what coaches, media and educated fans were telling them they simply refused to believe it! Maybe Hauck had the same mindset? It was just bizarre.

On a related note, I hope all of our future opponents are dumb enough to prepare all week to defend our linebacker who might touch the ball a few times offensively. :lol:
I watched the a Grizzly Sports report last night. He said (I’m paraphrasing) that the last month took a toll on his team and while they looked fired up at the start they didn’t have much energy. He said the EW and Idaho games are big deals, Weber was a big deal because of its high ranking and PSU was a big game, because they lost to them last year.

I also saw the part that Shane pointed out, ‘we got 2-3 3-and-outs in the third quarter.’ They got one.

toM StUber

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:49 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am
ilovethecats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
seataccat wrote:

I watched the a Grizzly Sports report last night. He said (I’m paraphrasing) that the last month took a toll on his team and while they looked fired up at the start they didn’t have much energy. He said the EW and Idaho games are big deals, Weber was a big deal because of its high ranking and PSU was a big game, because they lost to them last year.

I also saw the part that Shane pointed out, ‘we got 2-3 3-and-outs in the third quarter.’ They got one.
I can see how you would get tired after playing all these other teams and then run into an even better team that the coach got them prepared. After all this game means everything to us and they barely even have it on their calendar. It has to be soul crushing when after the first snap you realize "damn our coaches didn't even prepare us for this sh&t".

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:50 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am
ilovethecats wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Just another excuse, "We played games in November and it wore us out" :roll:

Nobody else played any games in November huh? After the Sac and UND losses, every game was a must win "big" game for MSU.

If your players cant get engergized to play you in state rival knowing that a win will give you a Conference Championship and a high see in the playoffs. :?

BH is in denial and is as delusional as the worst of their fanbase. If he is still in this mind set I am thinking that they may not be mentally prepared for the home playoff game they have, What excuse will he use if they lose that one.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:35 am

Last year, the excuse was they weren’t in shape to play all four quarters (or was it they weren’t in shape for the month of October last year?). This year I guess they’re not in shape to play a full season. The game’s they lose are uncharacteristic but the one’s they win are a testament of who they are. You could say that about any playoff team...clearly the UND game wasn’t a good sample of who we actually were, but it happened, and look what we did with it, we learned from it, made adjustments and took every team from then on out as a must win game regardless of their record. The Griz beat Weber, and what happened? They got satisfied, they thought they reached their ceiling and thought they were unbeatable, and were over looking us, and they got smacked in the mouth and got pulled back down to reality.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 am

I love it. As long as we’re hearing these excuses ever year it means the Cats are winning. I’m totally fine if the game means more to us than them if it means we keep winning.

Sure seems like it means more to the fans and players and former players leading UP to the game though. Just not AFTER the game.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:25 am

Exactly! One other observation I forgot to mention... the reffing. We ran the ball 52 times or whatever it was and didn't get one holding call? That's unheard of and just not possible, so the refs were definitely on the Cats' side.

No, Grizzlies, it's called discipline and excellent coaching. Your team got called for holding because they were getting their asses kicked on both sides of the line, and that's when you start holding.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!