Denial and Delusion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Denial and Delusion

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:17 pm

So, I ventured over and took a peek at the enemy site, wanted to see if they've recovered from the Beatdown in Bozeman. :lol: Spoiler alert, they haven't.

What I learned is, the game was a fluke where everything lined up perfectly for the Cats and of couse the Griz beat themselves with mistakes. The Griz are still the better team, significantly. ](*,)

Also, Hauck is better with the media than Choate... and he just comes across like a dick because he doesn't want to give out any information whereas Choate is completely open and transparent, therefore giving opponents an advantage. How'd that work out for the Griz this year? :lol:

Sterk isn't very good because he didn't have some eye popping stats during some games this year.

What else... oh ya, our O Line was able to dominate their D Line because we have a senior laden line whereas the Griz are young there and undersized... so it will be way different next year. (Pssssst, we lose exactly one player off our O Line next year.) \:D/

Geezus, you can't make some of this stuff up.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Denial and Delusion

Post by jgrilley406 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:44 pm

They’re just in a position that they haven’t been in since the 1970s and they don’t know how to handle it. They’ve lost 4 straight and lost the decade 6-4. We’ve been pretty clear what we’re going to do and that is run the football as much as we can possible and even though they know what’s coming, they can’t find an answer to how to stop or even slow us down. Funny they brought the OL experience into it, ya like you said we have one starting senior, they have 2 starting seniors on their OL and either 2 or 3 seniors on their DL, so they got more experience on both fronts.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:48 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:44 pm
They’re just in a position that they haven’t been in since the 1970s and they don’t know how to handle it. They’ve lost 4 straight and lost the decade 6-4. We’ve been pretty clear what we’re going to do and that is run the football as much as we can possible and even though they know what’s coming, they can’t find an answer to how to stop or even slow us down. Funny they brought the OL experience into it, ya like you said we have one starting senior, they have 2 starting seniors on their OL and either 2 or 3 starting seniors on their DL, so they got more experience on both fronts. When they lose it’s always a fluke, just like the Sac St game if Sneed didn’t get hurt they would’ve came back, and no Weber didn’t make mistakes in their game against them, the Grizzlies caused them, and even if Weber weren’t decimated with injuries in that game, Weber is not even close to the same level as the Griz. The Griz are easily the third best team if not the second, ahead of JMU.

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatozzy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:03 pm

The reason Sterk didn't have stats in certain games because he was getting double and tripled teamed.

Rest In peace dad.

St George

Post by St George » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 pm

The griz had more yards of offense against Oregon than they had against the Cats. The griz can cry injuries, but the Cats dominated them without TA.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:06 pm

St George wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 pm
The griz had more yards of offense against Oregon than they had against the Cats. The griz can cry injuries, but the Cats dominated them without TA.
Don’t you get it, if TA was playing the Griz would’ve won. :lol:

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:45 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:03 pm
The reason Sterk didn't have stats in certain games because he was getting double and tripled teamed.
And for the good of the team he was moved to End from Buck. Buck is where a guy is more free to put up “eye-popping” numbers, like our two Buck winners.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Bobby Hauck: “I think about the rivalry a lot throughout the year.”

Also Bobby Hauck: “You see the reaction here at the end of the game. I mean, this game’s everything to them. Their sole focus is to beat us.”

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:44 pm

bobcatozzy wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:03 pm
Certain games could had different games plans too, seemed like against UND we didn't blitz as much. Sterk any way they want to play the numbers, conference or non-conference still had a great year. They played N. Alabama St a team who has only been FCS for 2 years. To claim that as a quality win, might want to go back to the drawing board and rethink that, besides they were losing @ half time to them. Go Cats!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Remember Hauck’s “gift” comment? Msu ran a kickoff back for a TD and a interception back for a TD in the 2003 game. Yet when Weber flubs three snaps to give UM 14 points and take at least three off the board for Weber there’s no mention of any gifts.

Hauck has more Cat-Griz losses by any UM coach since 1985.

If he loses next year he should get canned. If he loses first playoff game he’ll be on the hot seat right away. If Weber puts one on them in the playoffs they’ll realize that win was a fluke.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:17 pm
So, I ventured over and took a peek at the enemy site, wanted to see if they've recovered from the Beatdown in Bozeman. :lol: Spoiler alert, they haven't.

What I learned is, the game was a fluke where everything lined up perfectly for the Cats and of couse the Griz beat themselves with mistakes. The Griz are still the better team, significantly. ](*,)

Also, Hauck is better with the media than Choate... and he just comes across like a dick because he doesn't want to give out any information whereas Choate is completely open and transparent, therefore giving opponents an advantage. How'd that work out for the Griz this year? :lol:

Sterk isn't very good because he didn't have some eye popping stats during some games this year.

What else... oh ya, our O Line was able to dominate their D Line because we have a senior laden line whereas the Griz are young there and undersized... so it will be way different next year. (Pssssst, we lose exactly one player off our O Line next year.) \:D/

Wanna bet that OL gets a good try out with the NFL?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm
catatac wrote:

Brott for sure will and I bet he at least ends up on a practice squad at some point.

Konkol has scouts very interested. At least four teams are looking at him.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:19 pm

I made the mistake of reading that Sterk thread and I have no idea what Player Rep was thinkingvas he continually embarrassed himself throughout it. I forgot what an insufferable know-it-all Player Rep is at all times. How can anyone take him seriously?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:39 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:19 pm
I made the mistake of reading that Sterk thread and I have no idea what Player Rep was thinkingvas he continually embarrassed himself throughout it. I forgot what an insufferable know-it-all Player Rep is at all times. How can anyone take him seriously?
I went to Egriz and made the mistake of browsing through the “Hauck Press Conference” thread. Player Rep for some unknown reason thinks the Griz are a better team than the Cats this year... “Denial and Delusion” is a perfect way to describe their fan base.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Maybe we should make Hauck not a lier and show him that the rivalry is out of control. Maybe a video or two of Choat cheering eat ****** grizzlies go Cats go might make him happy.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm
catatac wrote:

Oh, absolutely... he better! My post was just making fun of some idiotic poster that said we had a senior laden O line.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 pm

They’re thrilled about being in the bracket opposite NDSU. That’s probably a good thing. Since they were lucky to put up 14 against us I’m not sure what they think they could do against NDSU. It’s best to leave NDSU to the real men in the conference.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 pm
They’re thrilled about being in the bracket opposite NDSU. That’s probably a good thing. Since they were lucky to put up 14 against us I’m not sure what they think they could do against NDSU. It’s best to leave NDSU to the real men in the conference.
Haha, that's pretty flippin funny!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm

This really is a good topic of discussion for the off week and you hit the nail on the head about the griz fan base.
Some other satisfying gems.

On their game day thread. The first post said. " Let's get this ass beating started." Hahaha
The same guy a couple posts later predicted "48-14 good guys." 😁
Seeing the smugness wiped off of haucks face in the presser was fun. In typical Hauck classless fashion when asked what he thought coach Choate does good to prepare his players? Instead of throwing out some flattering coach speak he said "I don't know, I don't go to their practice."
In their fan podcast they repeatedly called us Bozeman State and said that nothing about the cats scared them at all. They were smug about every win the cats had all year.
Even Colter predicted the griz to cover the 5 points they were picked by as his lock of the week.
It was a fun week for sure.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:24 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm
This really is a good topic of discussion for the off week and you hit the nail on the head about the griz fan base.
Some other satisfying gems.

On their game day thread. The first post said. " Let's get this ass beating started." Hahaha
The same guy a couple posts later predicted "48-14 good guys." 😁
Seeing the smugness wiped off of haucks face in the presser was fun. In typical Hauck classless fashion when asked what he thought coach Choate does good to prepare his players? Instead of throwing out some flattering coach speak he said "I don't know, I don't go to their practice."
In their fan podcast they repeatedly called us Bozeman State and said that nothing about the cats scared them at all. They were smug about every win the cats had all year.
Even Colter predicted the griz to cover the 5 points they were picked by as his lock of the week.
It was a fun week for sure.
Not true. Our gambling writer Sam Lewis predicted it as the lock of the week. He had inside info that Troy Andersen was out. I have not made a public pick in a few years.