FCS Playoffs second round - Skyline Sports

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: FCS Playoffs second round - Skyline Sports

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Colter I wonder if you can help jog my memory.? Who was the East Coast coach that had the awesome interview about coming to Montana in the last few years was it Stony Brook Or Monmouth or Wagner? It was funny and awesome and I think you did the interview.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:30 pm

kwcat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:27 pm
Colter I wonder if you can help jog my memory.? Who was the East Coast coach that had the awesome interview about coming to Montana in the last few years was it Stony Brook Or Monmouth or Wagner? It was funny and awesome and I think you did the interview.
It was the head coach of Bryant, Marty Fine.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-bre ... arty-fine/

I'll see if I can get that file to renew.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:30 pm
kwcat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:27 pm
It was the head coach of Bryant, Marty Fine.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-bre ... arty-fine/

I'll see if I can get that file to renew.
Thanks that guy was awesome. And I seem to remember you laughing quite a bit on the other end

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 pm

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:58 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 pm
Flossy wide receiver? Are the kids still using that word? :wink:

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Come on Colter. How many times do you have to post this on the Bobcat board?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:12 pm

allcat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
This is the first time I've posted this article on this board. It's an FCS playoff thread. Just posted it in case anyone was interested in learning about Southeastern Louisiana. This story is about SLU, not the Griz. I find learning about other FCS teams and schools from other parts of the country fascinating. Thought I would share my research.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:26 pm

You jerk Colter. 8)

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:26 pm
You jerk Colter. 8)

:?

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:42 pm

There's probably no way to prove it but I'd bet a dozen doughnuts that with a picture sans the dark pink uniforms there would have been zero comments on it.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:46 pm

coachouert wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:26 pm
You jerk Colter. 8)

:?
I agree!

I don't care if Colter has given us the best coverage of the Cats that we have ever seen. Possibly the best coverage any FCS team gets. I don't care about his player profiles or in-depth analysis of every game the Cats play. I don't care about his stupid online coverage, podcats, pregame shows, or tv shows. If he puts one more freaking article that doesn't have 1000% to do with the Bobcats in the Bobcat forum, I think he needs to be done here. Banned. I'm just over it!

:coffee:

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:46 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:46 pm
I don't care if Colter has given us the best coverage of the Cats that we have ever seen. Possibly the best coverage any FCS team gets. I don't care about his player profiles or in-depth analysis of every game the Cats play. I don't care about his stupid online coverage, podcats, pregame shows, or tv shows. If he puts one more freaking article that doesn't have 1000% to do with the Bobcats in the Bobcat forum, I think he needs to be done here. Banned. I'm just over it!
In general, I agree with you. I do get tired of Colter posting links to the same article in several different threads, and he does this all the time. Posting one link to each article in the appropriate thread is awesome, and I appreciate the coverage. This is actually the correct thread to post this article in, but he has posted links to the same article in 2 or 3 other threads. Not exactly news, he's been doing it for a long time. For those of us who are super OCD about these things, it muddies up our threads and it's annoying.

GO CATS GO!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:57 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:46 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
In general, I agree with you. I do get tired of Colter posting links to the same article in several different threads, and he does this all the time. Posting one link to each article in the appropriate thread is awesome, and I appreciate the coverage. This is actually the correct thread to post this article in, but he has posted links to the same article in 2 or 3 other threads. Not exactly news, he's been doing it for a long time. For those of us who are super OCD about these things, it muddies up our threads and it's annoying.
I guess that's fair. I guess I just can't see how it matters? The flip side is maybe there are members here who don't read every single thread. So for them, who like to read the material, it's actually helpful for Colters' stuff to be in multiple spots?

I suppose I could understand if getting past someones post was a ton of work. But it's not. You're just scrolling. It takes about a quarter of a second to scroll past a post you don't want to read. basically, do the same thing you do every time ftg_1984 or whatever his name is posts.

I'm not just trying to argue. I just really can't wrap my head around how it could even matter in the slightest where people post their stuff. And I give colter the benefit of the doubt every time because he adds so much to the board and our program as a whole.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:57 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
I guess that's fair. I guess I just can't see how it matters? The flip side is maybe there are members here who don't read every single thread. So for them, who like to read the material, it's actually helpful for Colters' stuff to be in multiple spots?

I suppose I could understand if getting past someones post was a ton of work. But it's not. You're just scrolling. It takes about a quarter of a second to scroll past a post you don't want to read. basically, do the same thing you do every time ftg_1984 or whatever his name is posts.

I'm not just trying to argue. I just really can't wrap my head around how it could even matter in the slightest where people post their stuff. And I give colter the benefit of the doubt every time because he adds so much to the board and our program as a whole.
My thought is that someone might be reading the UAlbany game thread for example and not have clicked on the Skyline thread but might think the specific article is interesting, so I post it there so they don't miss it.

I think this board is awesome and really one of the most civil and informed boards of its kind of any college football board I read. So I don't want to make any of you annoyed or mad!

It seems like people really like when we engage via posts on here. So what if I just post links to articles in a specific Skyline thread each week like we usually do and then post conversation contributions in the other threads with smaller links or no links at the bottom, would that work better?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:51 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

My thought is that someone might be reading the UAlbany game thread for example and not have clicked on the Skyline thread but might think the specific article is interesting, so I post it there so they don't miss it.

I think this board is awesome and really one of the most civil and informed boards of its kind of any college football board I read. So I don't want to make any of you annoyed or mad!

It seems like people really like when we engage via posts on here. So what if I just post links to articles in a specific Skyline thread each week like we usually do and then post conversation contributions in the other threads with smaller links or no links at the bottom, would that work better?
:thumbup: :thumbup:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

I think you should maintain the same process. If we don’t want to read it, we can just scroll by it. Not that hard and you provide very good content that most of us enjoy.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 pm

I'm just sick of all you babies bitchin about Colter. Just ignore the Skyline threads if you don't like it. No f-ing wonder they still call us little brother! This is ridiculous!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

You don't need to change a thing, Colter, people can scroll past if they want. I mean this thread title has the words "SKYLINE SPORTS" in it and people are still bitching about you posting in it!!! :lol:
C'mon man.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:12 pm
allcat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
This is the first time I've posted this article on this board. It's an FCS playoff thread. Just posted it in case anyone was interested in learning about Southeastern Louisiana. This story is about SLU, not the Griz. I find learning about other FCS teams and schools from other parts of the country fascinating. Thought I would share my research.
I enjoyed the article. Thank you for posting! I think Missoula might have their hands full on this one

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:55 am

BozoneCat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
How is it the correct thread, this is the Bobcat board. It belongs in the other board. It is also an advertisement. If you are not a subscriber it is just click bait. He has a subscriber list, he could send them notifications when he makes a post. I have no problem with the article, it is where he posted it. The actual thread says second round. Where is the article for Austin Peay, whom the Bobcats have a chance of playing.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic