crowd noise

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: crowd noise

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm
I had made this same comment to my wife. Saturday definitely had a playoff atmosphere in terms of crowd noise. The only time I remember it that loud was the 2011 playoff game against New Hampshire on their final drive and just after the blocked extra point attempt to win the game. That prior was probably my favorite all time favorite Bobcat football game, but Saturday definitely took its place.
I agree. The New Hampshire game (with less people) was the top game for me as far as crowd noise, but this last Cat/Griz game was AWESOME (All 4 quarters). The Griz buddy I went with was miserable :)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:41 pm

tdub wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 am
I seriously had NO idea their band was there until reading this.

I found video of the griz band and fans in the 3rd quarter.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:41 pm
tdub wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 am
I seriously had NO idea their band was there until reading this.

I found video of the griz band and fans in the 3rd quarter.

Hahaha, well played sir.

=D^ =D^ =D^

FTG- GO CATS GO!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 am

I was shocked when I heard Tony Romo and Dalton Sneed both say that our stadium was louder than Wa-griz.

Punters are people too!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 am
I was shocked when I heard Tony Romo and Dalton Sneed both say that our stadium was louder than Wa-griz.

I missed that one. When did either of them say that?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:45 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 am

I missed that one. When did either of them say that?
My guess is they said it on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:30 pm.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:47 am

I believe it was actually April 1st. Oh what the hell, they never said that. I get tired of them always posting crap about some person saying Wa-griz is so loud.......Romo being one of them.

Punters are people too!!

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:23 am

Okay, I'll say it and, mark it down, it's not April 1, it's November 28. Our stadium was louder more often, longer, and on every down on November 23 than wa-griz.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:41 am

I kind of wish that someone would compare the two stadiums to see which one is louder and by how much. When you are up near the top it is hard to hear how loud it is.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:41 am
I kind of wish that someone would compare the two stadiums to see which one is louder and by how much. When you are up near the top it is hard to hear how loud it is.
They do have the advantage with both ends bowled in. I would love to see the North bowled in, with more students in that end. You can tell a difference when a team is coming from that end.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 am

Heard a “Nach on Sports” interview with Sam from Hero Sports. Sounds like he was at the game. He said it was a good atmosphere but wasn’t close to a Fargodome atmosphere. He said he’d compare bobcat stadium to a game at SDSU as they are similar stadiums in look and feel. He went on to say a game in Missoula is more comparable or even with a fargodome atmosphere. Guessing he is mainly alluding to the fact their stadium is more closed in and they draw a few more thousand. I found his comments interesting. Other than that he was very complimentary of the cats and the line play. Said we don’t have a chance against NDSU but to be fair he doesn’t think anyone does.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am

ibleedblue wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 am
Heard a “Nach on Sports” interview with Sam from Hero Sports. Sounds like he was at the game. He said it was a good atmosphere but wasn’t close to a Fargodome atmosphere. He said he’d compare bobcat stadium to a game at SDSU as they are similar stadiums in look and feel. He went on to say a game in Missoula is more comparable or even with a fargodome atmosphere. Guessing he is mainly alluding to the fact their stadium is more closed in and they draw a few more thousand. I found his comments interesting. Other than that he was very complimentary of the cats and the line play. Said we don’t have a chance against NDSU but to be fair he doesn’t think anyone does.
I heard that too. It's a fair assessment from an unbiased source. Their setup is tough to beat. Both endzones enclosed, that little upper deck, and the fact that their whole athletic plant is tied together. MSU really screwed up when they put the stadium way out in the boonies. They should have put it in the parking lot between the Fieldhouse and Kagy Boulevard. Fortunately, the City and campus are starting to grow around the stadium's present location. The new building will help. But we need to be honest with ourselves. We have a ways to go in that arms race. One good thing about our stadium location-there's lots of room to add on-the site in Missoula looks pretty maxed out and it will be more expensive to expand it further.
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 am

ibleedblue wrote:
Fargo are a good team. A great team. But the atmosphere in that gloomy dome absolutely sucks. Those comments are completely biased. Ask anyone who’s been to a game there had been to a game in Missoula what atmosphere was better? Bet UM would get about 99% of the votes.

We don’t have the team Fargo does yet. Hopefully someday. But our gameday atmosphere shatters theirs. I’d honestly like to hear what aspect he thinks is good about that dome? Think their viewpoint is skewed by the awesome product on the field. No denying that product. Nearly everything else about the dome, including the tailgating just isn’t that special.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:33 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am
ibleedblue wrote:
I heard that too. It's a fair assessment from an unbiased source. Their setup is tough to beat. Both endzones enclosed, that little upper deck, and the fact that their whole athletic plant is tied together. MSU really screwed up when the put the stadium way out in the boonies. They should have put it in the parking lot between the Fieldhouse and Kagy Boulevard. Fortunately, the City and campus are starting to grow around the stadium's present location. The new building will help. But we need to be honest with ourselves. We have a ways to go in that arms race. One good thing about our stadium location-there's lots of room to add on-the site in Missoula looks pretty maxed out and it will be more expensive to expand it further.
Just read your response. Always so interesting how people can have such different viewpoints. I just haven’t been impressed at all my two times there.

I’d take Missoula over fargodome 100 out of 100 times. And as a bobcat that’s really saying something! :lol:

CaturdaysR4TheBoys
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CaturdaysR4TheBoys » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 am

ibleedblue wrote:
I was at the playoff game at the Fargodome last year. While it was a cool atmosphere, it didn’t seem like anything too crazy to me. Maybe it’s because it wasn’t a close game, but then again not many of their games are. It definitely does not top WA Griz in my opinion.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:49 am

I'm going to need his definition of "electric."

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:55 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:17 am
We've been season ticket holders since 2003, and have attended 99% of every home game, traveled to several of our FBS games, attended every single one of our home playoff games.......I have NEVER seen an atmosphere as electric as this one. And it lasted for all 4 quarters. When we recovered the first fumble, I thought the stadium would explode - but then in 4th quarter when Konkol intercepted the ball, it was even louder.
Kudos to the team, the gameday staff, and the fans for making this the hands-down most fun game I have ever attended.
Remember that Furman game? I don't remember how many fans showed up (9,000 max?), but I remember the roads were crap and attendance was sparse. The fans who came were incredibly loud. That was a lot of fun.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:57 am

Clinton T wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:55 am
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:17 am
We've been season ticket holders since 2003, and have attended 99% of every home game, traveled to several of our FBS games, attended every single one of our home playoff games.......I have NEVER seen an atmosphere as electric as this one. And it lasted for all 4 quarters. When we recovered the first fumble, I thought the stadium would explode - but then in 4th quarter when Konkol intercepted the ball, it was even louder.
Kudos to the team, the gameday staff, and the fans for making this the hands-down most fun game I have ever attended.
Remember that Furman game? I don't remember how many fans showed up (9,000 max?), but I remember the roads were crap and attendance was sparse. The fans who came were incredibly loud. That was a lot of fun.
Yup, we were there. I would say the same of the 84' RI game

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:58 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:49 am
I'm going to need his definition of "electric."
Exactly.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:01 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:33 am

Just read your response. Always so interesting how people can have such different viewpoints. I just haven’t been impressed at all my two times there.

I’d take Missoula over fargodome 100 out of 100 times. And as a bobcat that’s really saying something! :lol:
I've never been to a game in the Fargo Dome so I can't comment on that. I was talking about Washy-griz, which I hate to admit-is a terrific venue.