crowd noise

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

crowd noise

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:02 am

This had to be the loudest I've heard the crowd. I also loved the noise level even on 1st down. My guess is that Albany or Central Connecticut can be rattled.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: crowd noise

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:17 am

We've been season ticket holders since 2003, and have attended 99% of every home game, traveled to several of our FBS games, attended every single one of our home playoff games.......I have NEVER seen an atmosphere as electric as this one. And it lasted for all 4 quarters. When we recovered the first fumble, I thought the stadium would explode - but then in 4th quarter when Konkol intercepted the ball, it was even louder.
Kudos to the team, the gameday staff, and the fans for making this the hands-down most fun game I have ever attended.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:25 am

The noise level reminded of the last 2 minutes of the Stony Brook playoff game a few years ago!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:38 am

Crowd was into it 110% from before the opening kickoff, until they finally left for the tailgates. definitely the top performance by our crowd and any game, in my opinion. The students were jacked too.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am

Best.Crowd.Ever.

I still have issues with my voice this morning. Noone sat the WHOLE game. Loud on every down. We start the game with a false start. And pretty much everyone stuck around to see the whooping come to a completion.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:44 am

lutecat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am
Best.Crowd.Ever.

I still have issues with my voice this morning. Noone sat the WHOLE game. Loud on every down. We start the game with a false start. And pretty much everyone stuck around to see the whooping come to a completion.
It was a delay of game.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:45 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:44 am
lutecat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am
Best.Crowd.Ever.

It was a delay of game.
Well.....I couldn't hear the ref over the crowd noise. :lol:

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 am

Yeah, usually noise level drops off when we are ahead by 30. Not this game! Even in other big games, there isn't the noise level on 1st and 2nd down like there was for this game. It was 3rd down/4th down noise level all game! Also, not many sat down as they do when we are 30 points ahead. On our feet the whole way. And, no one left. Stadium was just as full at the end as it was for the first KO. Crowd, while lighter at the start of the second half, got back much faster - even though we had a commanding lead.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 am

catscat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 am
Yeah, usually noise level drops off when we are ahead by 30. Not this game! Even in other big games, there isn't the noise level on 1st and 2nd down like there was for this game. It was 3rd down/4th down noise level all game! Also, not many sat down as they do when we are 30 points ahead. On our feet the whole way. And, no one left. Stadium was just as full at the end as it was for the first KO. Crowd, while lighter at the start of the second half, got back much faster - even though we had a commanding lead.
Yep, I think everyone could sense something unprecedented was brewing and didn't want to miss it. I know I missed the first few minutes of the third quarter, but only because it took so long to get out of the stands, through the crowd to the restrooms, through concessions and back to my seat. Then at the end of the game, it took forever to get out of the stands again. Nobody was in any hurry to leave, people just wanted to soak it in.

I've still got a goofy grin on my face. The 4 wins I've witnessed at home since 2003 were all great, but a romp like this one was a different sort of fun.
Last edited by grizzh8r on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am

catscat wrote:
Not true: I was facing section 124 (where the griz crowd was mostly contained along with the band) as well as being seated near an exit tunnel. Lots of griz faithful slinked out of the stadium starting mid third quarter. Many with their head down focusing on getting out as quickly as possible. :-({|=

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

catscat

Post by catscat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:06 am

MSU Toddler wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am
catscat wrote:
Not true: I was facing section 124 (where the griz crowd was mostly contained along with the band) as well as being seated near an exit tunnel. Lots of griz faithful slinked out of the stadium starting mid third quarter. Many with their head down focusing on getting out as quickly as possible. :-({|=
I stand corrected. I guess that's my bad for never looking at the griz crowd. Didn't even know they were there - other than the band which was on the field at half-time. Figured that since their team didn't show up, the fans weren't there either. :lol: :lol:

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:13 am

MSU Toddler wrote:
catscat wrote:
Agreed, we had a few around us in 107. There was one guy in particular that was vocal at the beginning of the game with a few FTC yells here and there. He was sitting down by the end of the first quarter and he didn’t come back at all after halftime...

Crowd noise and energy was excellent, best I’ve seen.

Sections 105 & 106 were probably a 50/50 split on how much they were standing, besides that from what I saw it looks like the whole stadium was standing the whole time.
Great atmosphere, If we are even 75% of that energy and noise in two weeks, our opponent is in for a rough game.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:22 am

I witnessed the famous Joe Roberts interception in 1984 against Rhode Island and I thought nothing could be louder than that fan reaction, until this weekend. The crowd at this game made me proud to be a Bobcat supporter. I also am still hoarse. Mony Mony!

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:31 am

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 am
catscat wrote:
Yep, I think everyone could sense something unprecedented was brewing and didn't want to miss it. O know I missed the first few minutes of the third quarter, but only because it took so long to get out of the stands, through the crowd to the restrooms, through concessions and back to my seat. Then at the end of the game, it took forever to get out of the stands again. Nobody was in any hurry to leave, people just wanted to soak it in.

I've still got a goofy grin on my face. The 4 wins I've witnessed at home since 2003 were all great, but a romp like this one was a different sort of fun.
The energy was the strongest and most consistent that I have ever witnessed in our stadium from kickoff to ending bell - I was rooting for a second half shut-out and keeping our foot on the gas to the end (it might be shallow, but lets just say it was "for all those years"). Yesterday was a great day to deliberately offer my condolences to all my griz friends, with a similar slight grin on my face, and am sure it will continue all week! :)

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 am

MSU Toddler wrote:
catscat wrote:
The student were singing "Na na na na, Na na na na, Goodbye" to them too.

I never did hear an "overrated" chant though

catscat

Post by catscat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:39 am

We sit in 112. There was an attempt to get an "overrated" chant going in section 111, but with all the other noise and excitement, it just never took off - and even though some of us joined in, it kinda died.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 am

Yep there was an overrated chant coming from the 101-102-103 area near the end as well that quickly got drowned out by other things. Same with a short lived pooooooooor grizzlies coming from our area.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:54 am

I didn't even realize UM had their band was there until I ran into them when I was walking back into the stadium after halftime. I don't think I heard them play a single note.
Last edited by wbtfg on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

catscat

Post by catscat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:54 am
I didn't even realize UM had their band their until I ran into them when I was walking back into the stadium after halftime. I don't think I heard them play a single note.
Guess they just weren't "note"worthy.