Prediction thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Prediction thread

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 am

Consensus in the prediction thread is that we win a close game. What needs to happen for that to play out, other than us scoring a couple more points than them (thanks John madden)? For me it's 2 things more than others. 1) win the turnover battle. Self explanatory. 2) make them play between the 20s and kick field goals. They've got too many good players not to get their yards. Weber's fatal mistake was poor angles and tackling in 2-man scheme. I'm guessing we rush 4 a lot, play zone behind it, and make them sustain long drives if/ when possible. What are others thoughts?

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Prediction thread

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:45 am

I agree with your two points. Turnovers will be huge. For as good as Sneed has been this year, he’s given teams plenty of opportunities to intercept him too. I’m too lazy to look up his stats, but I’d imagine he’s thrown around 10 int’s or so.

Getting an INT or two will be crucial.

That and converting 3rd downs of our own. Even if we don’t score on every drive, 3 and outs will be killer against these guys. We can’t afford for that D to be on the field for 30+ minutes.
Have some long sustained drives of our own, with a minimum of a couple first downs every time, to let the D rest a bit.

Rovig has to have his best game of the year. The weakness of this d is their pass protection, so that has to be exploited in some way or another.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 am

I agree with that defensive plan, sticking with zone most times and disguise the coverage to make Sneed hold the ball a bit longer.

Offensively, teams that have success attack the edges in the run game, and attack Calhoun in the pass game. You can't just run up the middle on these guys. They are stout and they blitz almost every down.

Protection for Rovig will be absolutely critical in this game. Idaho State was throwing the ball all over the yard at Wash. Stadium until their QB got smacked, then he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. But they still had receivers running open a lot. We absolutely need to have some success throwing the football or we don't stand much of a chance.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 am

Hurrying Sneed early and often (preferably when rushing 4) would be huge. Get him rattled and force some turnovers. Limit their explosive plays, make them earn it, the more snaps Sneed has to take the better the chance he takes a risk and turns the ball over. I agree with the other posts regarding offense, grind out some long sustained drives that finish with points.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 am

Agree with 91 alum. Would just add that the corners and safeties will win this game.

NDSU kicks butt because they put their DBs on an island and get after the QB.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:04 am

Stopping them on 3rd down and converting a good share of our own.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:31 am

If we can't put any pressure on Sneed it may be a long day. I think we get to him though.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:24 am

1. Corners and Safeties have to have their best game of the year.
2. Our D line needs to be the D Line we saw early in the year for pass rush and Sterk needs to get off early and Snead needs to feel the pain.
3. Body blows, Body blows, Body blows - O line needs to be physical and pound.
4. Keep the same offensive philosophy as the last few weeks and Rovig needs to continue to be mistake free.
5. Special Teams need to be in control yet aggressive.
6. Big games like this come down to fewest mistakes and self control.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 am

We just can't give up the big plays like Weber did. Make them work for every inch and be more physical than them. I think it will take an almost perfect game from us and a couple mistakes from them to keep us in this one. If everyone was healthy, I would feel more confident but I just don't know where the big plays are going to come from for us.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:17 am

I predict the Monte character has 2 birds to flip off the camera man this year! :lol:

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:18 am

Physicality. Whoever is the more physical team will win this game. We have owned these fools physically the last 3 years, and I think that continues this year.

GO CATS GO!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 am
We just can't give up the big plays like Weber did. Make them work for every inch and be more physical than them. I think it will take an almost perfect game from us and a couple mistakes from them to keep us in this one. If everyone was healthy, I would feel more confident but I just don't know where the big plays are going to come from for us.
Andersen
Jonsen
Ifanse
Jones
Kassis
Sumner
Steele

And maybe others. We have a LOT of big time play makers on this team and even though every one of them is banged up, those top 3 or 4 proved on Saturday they can still explode.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I agree with Bleeding Blue. Being successful on 3rd downs to keep moving the chains, and stopping them on 3rd downs will probably determine the outcome.

Or, maybe neither team moves the ball at all and 3 or 4 big plays decide the outcome. Could go either way.

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:28 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 am
Andersen
Jonsen
Ifanse
Jones
Kassis
Sumner
Steele
Add Rovig to this list. He's starting to get it together at the right time and Griz pass defense is not good.