Cat/Griz TV

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Cat/Griz TV

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:12 am

I'll be out of town in South Dakota. Last time I was there the Root app won't work because it says I'm out of area. Will the game be on Pluto even though it is a Root game?

Any other ideas?

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Cat/Griz TV

Post by wapiti » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:38 am

Will the game be on SWX?? One of the 18.# channels?

Has SWX fixed their transmission issue yet? I still do not have any of the 18 channels!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 am

Same as always for Root games (and same way it has been for last 5 or so Cat/Griz since Root came on board)...Games on Root are not on Pluto and are not available on local channels. You have two options to watch the game, Root Sports (either on a cable or satellite system or if in area and have the aforementioned with online account in the Root Sports app) or by subscribing to one of the AT&T online streaming services that includes the Audience channel as it shows the Root Big Sky games (or at least has in the past, since both Cat Root games were home games I didn't have to try that this year).

If you can't get the game on TV at home, highly recommend finding one of the satellite parties to go and watch with other Cat and Griz fans. I've heard they are a lot of fun. https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx ... 1&pgid=401

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am

kmax wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 am
Same as always for Root games (and same way it has been for last 5 or so Cat/Griz since Root came on board)...Games on Root are not on Pluto and are not available on local channels. You have two options to watch the game, Root Sports (either on a cable or satellite system or if in area and have the aforementioned with online account in the Root Sports app) or by subscribing to one of the AT&T online streaming services that includes the Audience channel as it shows the Root Big Sky games (or at least has in the past, since both Cat Root games were home games I didn't have to try that this year).

If you can't get the game on TV at home, highly recommend finding one of the satellite parties to go and watch with other Cat and Griz fans. I've heard they are a lot of fun. https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx ... 1&pgid=401
Thanks--I'm SOL on the watch parties. I won't be in the right town.
Probably a stupid question...when you speak of the AT&T online streaming options--that is through a phone or tablet, correct? Can you give me the name of one of the options?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:58 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am
kmax wrote:

Probably a stupid question...when you speak of the AT&T online streaming options--that is through a phone or tablet, correct? Can you give me the name of one of the options?
Yes, they work on phone, tablet, smart tv apps, roku, apple tv, fire tv, etc.

https://www.attwatchtv.com/

Here is the link, looks like if you haven't used them before might be able to just use the 7 day free trial and watch the game then cancel. Someone else that has used these to watch Root games this year might want to confirm if they are still putting the Root games on the Audience channel this year like they have in the past though.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

brucat5

Post by brucat5 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:02 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:58 am
LTown Cat wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am
kmax wrote:

Yes, they work on phone, tablet, smart tv apps, roku, apple tv, fire tv, etc.

https://www.attwatchtv.com/

Here is the link, looks like if you haven't used them before might be able to just use the 7 day free trial and watch the game then cancel. Someone else that has used these to watch Root games this year might want to confirm if they are still putting the Root games on the Audience channel this year like they have in the past though.
I can confirm Audience network is simulcasting the Root Sports feed.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks guys.

UpperBlue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UpperBlue » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:09 pm

brucat5 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:02 pm
I can confirm Audience network is simulcasting the Root Sports feed.
And I can confirm that the DVR included with AT&T TV Now (or whatever they're calling it these days) is pretty garbage. Do not count on it for being able to watch the game later. While the live stream might be perfectly fine (it almost always is for me), the DVR will sometimes drop or just stop playing altogether, if it even records the full game.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:27 pm

I would be curious what type of TV rating this game gets. For a small market, I am sure that it is an incredible number. I am guessing that more than 50% of Montana households will have the game on. Is there any way to tell?

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Does anyone know if root sports is available on youtube TV?

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

brucat5

Post by brucat5 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm
No, unfortunately.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm
The only possible way I know of it being on any streaming service besides the two ATT ones is if Root is including in your Regional Sports Network package - most services will let you search RSNs by zip code so you could check it out that way. Usually this is for big markets only. So maybe if you lived in a metro area where ROOTNW would be part of a cable package, you might stand a chance.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WolfPtCat

Post by WolfPtCat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 pm

For "old" Root Rocky Mountain customers:

About a 3 years ago Root Sports, became Root Northwest and Root Rocky Mountain. Root Rocky Mountain carried the Colorado Rockies games. I believe Root NW carried the Seattle Mariners. This year, Root Rocky Mountain became the AT&T Sports Network (at least here in Denver). I had trouble finding the MSU vs. So Utah game because it was on Root NW (which again goes by Root Sports). Their website says Root is not available in Colorado.

I may not have looked hard enough.

It appears that Cat/griz will be shown on AT&T Sportsnet Alternate channel (according to their website). I'll check tonight on my Comcast guide...but it looks like old Root Rocky Mtn people may be in luck this weekend.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm

I can’t make the game. Does anyone know if they’ve shown replays in the past if I do the AT&T thing?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:00 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 pm
For "old" Root Rocky Mountain customers:

About a 3 years ago Root Sports, became Root Northwest and Root Rocky Mountain. Root Rocky Mountain carried the Colorado Rockies games. I believe Root NW carried the Seattle Mariners. This year, Root Rocky Mountain became the AT&T Sports Network (at least here in Denver). I had trouble finding the MSU vs. So Utah game because it was on Root NW (which again goes by Root Sports). Their website says Root is not available in Colorado.

I may not have looked hard enough.

It appears that Cat/griz will be shown on AT&T Sportsnet Alternate channel (according to their website). I'll check tonight on my Comcast guide...but it looks like old Root Rocky Mtn people may be in luck this weekend.
Last week ATT sports network carried the Weebs /grizzly game and showed it as such on the guide. However, after the first hour they switched to an NHLgame so I only saw the first hour. I'm still PO'd . I am not sure how they will show cat-griz. It's on the schedule.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act