MSU vs UC Davis prediction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs UC Davis prediction

Post by bpcats20 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:25 am

Cats win I don’t care how

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:14 am

If the defense continues to play at a high level, then I gotta like MSU’s chances. Play relatively error-free and have a good day in the run game and this is a win.

MSU 31, Davis 20

spring creek cat

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:02 am

MSU 28. UC. 17

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:46 am

Cats 35
UCD 17

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am

I predict the Cats defense holds them to more FGs in the red zone, and the Cats get TDs.

28-26 Cats.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am

24-13 Good guys. I like this defense a lot right now.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Cats 34
UC Davis 21

I think the Cats OL/DL keep playing physical. The running game should help keep UCD's offense on the sideline I hope. The Cats need to score TD's in the Red Zone and not give UCD easy gift points and I think they come out of this with a win.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:48 pm

I have said this since the SUU game and I will say it again this week. If this team shows up and I mean the whole team, then we will win by 20+. UC Davis is good, and before this season we all would have said this could easily be a game would could lose. We beat ourselves against Sac and UND, we are far better then those 2 games. We are a top 5 team.

Cats—42

UCD—16

Punters are people too!!

RobertoGato

Post by RobertoGato » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:31 pm

MSU- 41
UCD- 21

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:45 pm

I think these two teams are almost dead even, and going solely with my head rather than my heart, I have to give a slight edge to UCD, since they're at home. I see them pulling out a very close win, 31-28. Everyone says they've been so disappointing this season, but if you look at their game by game results, I'm not sure that's a fair assessment. They gave both Cal and NDSU very good games. They're the only team that's come within two TD's of NDSU all season. Just like us, they lost a very close game to UND, which is turning out to be better than expected. They beat Cal Poly easily, and won a close game against SUU, while we squeaked by CP in OT, but blew out SUU, so that's pretty much a wash. They lost to Weber by almost an identical score, as Sac's loss to WSU, and Sac is probably the 2nd best team in the BSC. If we play a clean game with few penalties, and no turnovers, or at least no more than one, while forcing a couple of TO's by UCD, then that 31-28 score could easily be reversed. I think a lot of Bobcat fans are underestimating UCD though. I hope the team and coaching staff doesn't do the same. I believe they're one of the best 5-5 teams in the country, and if we manage to beat them on the road, I think that might be our best win of the season so far.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:05 pm

John K wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:45 pm
I think these two teams are almost dead even, and going solely with my head rather than my heart, I have to give a slight edge to UCD, since they're at home. I see them pulling out a very close win, 31-28. Everyone says they've been so disappointing this season, but if you look at their game by game results, I'm not sure that's a fair assessment. They gave both Cal and NDSU very good games. They're the only team that's come within two TD's of NDSU all season. Just like us, they lost a very close game to UND, which is turning out to be better than expected. They beat Cal Poly easily, and won a close game against SUU, while we squeaked by CP in OT, but blew out SUU, so that's pretty much a wash. They lost to Weber by almost an identical score, as Sac's loss to WSU, and Sac is probably the 2nd best team in the BSC. If we play a clean game with few penalties, and no turnovers, or at least no more than one, while forcing a couple of TO's by UCD, then that 31-28 score could easily be reversed. I think a lot of Bobcat fans are underestimating UCD though. I hope the team and coaching staff doesn't do the same. I believe they're one of the best 5-5 teams in the country, and if we manage to beat them on the road, I think that might be our best win of the season so far.
I agree it absolutely WILL be our best road win of the season so far, and probably about on par with us beating SEMO at home.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:16 pm

John K wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:45 pm
I don't disagree with the idea that they're good. I know they've had a disappointing season and this is the only chance they have to redeem it. They were ranked highly for a reason. I think most people realize they're good, but I also think people are recognizing that MSU is playing really well right now and is better than Davis. MSU had its hiccups against Poly (even though it was a win), Sac (turns out they're really good), and UND (they're decent but MSU should've been able to win). Before those games, most people agreed MSU was one of the top teams in the country, and now it seems like they might be back to that status. Of course it could be fool's gold. For years under the previous head coach MSU blew out teams it should beat, then couldn't beat teams that were equal to or better than them. I'm hoping that's not the case, that this team has a little extra grit and can perform against good teams too.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Seems as though an Aggie fan from their fansite says UCD can “shred us.” I couldn’t disagree more with the way the defense has been playing. With TJ and a full stable of healthy RBs, I see the Cats winning handily.

Cats 34
Ags 20

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Your Montana State Fighting Bobcats = 31 (24 by the O, 7 by the D)
Them = 20 (no way MSU D gives up more than 20)

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: MSU vs UC Davis

Post by NorthernPlains » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:54 pm
The Massey simulation has us losing 27-31, but the teams are knotted so tightly that the four point difference is basically the home field advantage. If the defense can continue their string of low touchdown games, and the offense can avoid turnovers, and if special teams can avoid big mistakes, then one big play will decide this game. Who will make it? I’ll go with my heart and say that we’ll play with more heart and that we will win 27-24. Tristan Bailey day again.

4Ever, you're right avoiding the mistakes and the Davis big plays is crucial. If that is how it goes that will make for a good day!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:55 pm

FTG06' wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 pm
Seems as though an Aggie fan from their fansite says UCD can “shred us.” I couldn’t disagree more with the way the defense has been playing. With TJ and a full stable of healthy RBs, I see the Cats winning handily.

Cats 34
Ags 20
Yep, saw what the one poster said...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Bobcats 35-24

I think this game comes down to our O vs their D, AND whether or not we shoot ourselves in the foot

which makes me nervous

If we do have Ifanse and Jonsen back, and they are fully healthy, advantage Bobcat O

TA being fully healthy, OMG he has entered beast mode at LB.

Davis is really good, but if we keep this mojo going, we win big

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:17 pm

I ran all kinds of scenarios and have us winning every time from barely winning to winning going away.
Being the eternal optimist I'm calling it..
MSU 35
UCD 20

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 am

Bobcats. 43
Mudstags 21

2024 Resume dominance

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Cats 34-24