FCS Polls (11/11)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: FCS Polls (11/11)

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:43 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:19 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:17 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:06 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Couple things. Once again the Griz getting extra love they shouldn't be getting. Sac State beat NAU in Flagstaff without their starting QB, and have 3 losses; 2 to FBS teams and 1 to the #3 team in the country. How in the hell are they ahead of Sac after losing head to head???

2nd: Kennesaw State is so overrated it's ridiculous. They have 6 D1 wins, 2 wins over NAIA SCHOOLS!!! They got stomped by Monmouth, and barely beat Campbell. There will be a handful of 7-5 teams this year more deserving of an at-large bid than KSU if Monmouth wins the conference.

The Stats voters must be smoking something real strong.
So Sac gets credit for sneaking by a mediocre, non-playoff team with their backup QB, but the Griz get none for soundly beating two with theirs?
You were down 10-0 with your backup, -3 in turnovers vs. a bad team. Your starter came in and threw for 241 yards and a TD... AND YOU LOST TO SAC STATE.
Good thing they don't call the game after the first quarter. :roll: He also got a win vs last year's national runner up and a road win against a PSU team that some here picked to win.
You lost to UND. Why are you ranked ahead of them?
Good grief Htown you sound like such a whiner. First off last year the powers that be tried calling the games in the first quarter or at half or at the end of 3rd qtr and with even just seconds left in the 4th. but with the way the griz gave up leads so often they decided to STUFF that idea and wait till the actual end of the games this year. Secondly your coach doesn't want to talk about last year and how teams did. Last years national runner up is a shell of itself this year. Third Imagine that, fans on your rivals board picked your opponent to beat you. :roll: :lol:
You do realize that what you just said about the Griz wins, is exactly what Sac has done to all of their FCS oppenents in their wins minus the 1 game at NAU right? Sac has also beaten 2 teams currently ranked in the top 10, including the Griz, and the Griz have beat none. Hell they haven't beat a team currently in the top 25. And again,Sac beat you guys head to head. You can call me a whiner, but all signs clearly point to Sac being underrated compared to the Griz.
I hate to point this out, but um beat Monmouth currently ranked 17th
You're right, but my point still stands.

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 pm

HTown, money where your mouth is? Got$100 says Weber rolls you guys at home no matter who you send out at qb. That team is solid and has the record to prove it. If Sneed plays, how long? Your line can’t defend him in the pocket and Weeb’s d is going to put some shots on him. Serious about the bet. [-o<

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Maybe the polls reflect the fact that Sac's QB is out indefinitely and Sneed is back. Like you said wait until next week!

2024 Resume dominance

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:33 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:27 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Couple things. Once again the Griz getting extra love they shouldn't be getting. Sac State beat NAU in Flagstaff without their starting QB, and have 3 losses; 2 to FBS teams and 1 to the #3 team in the country. How in the hell are they ahead of Sac after losing head to head???

2nd: Kennesaw State is so overrated it's ridiculous. They have 6 D1 wins, 2 wins over NAIA SCHOOLS!!! They got stomped by Monmouth, and barely beat Campbell. There will be a handful of 7-5 teams this year more deserving of an at-large bid than KSU if Monmouth wins the conference.

So Sac gets credit for sneaking by a mediocre, non-playoff team with their backup QB, but the Griz get none for soundly beating two with theirs?
No, I wouldn’t give SAC any credit for that NAU game.
Flagstaff at 7000 ft is probably the best homefield advantage in any and all sporting events.

I’d be willing to bet that NAU is above 80% home wins over the last decade. Sac deserves a ton of credit for winning there.
Best what? Any and all? Hypebole much? NAU isn't good at home, on the road, or on a neutral field. Not a good team. Average at best. SAC should've rolled NAU. They came to Bozeman and, while they weren't exactly dominant, won handily. MSU beat NAU handily. But somehow the elevation is supposed to throttle SAC down. SAC gets no credit from me for miraculously beating NAU in Flagstaff. They flat got lucky. NAU has a legacy of blowing games. They did it again. I was actually following the game with a NAU grad. He called it. Said NAU would blow it despite being up 10 with little time remaining. It's what NAU does.

If anything SAC is petering out. I have nothing against them, but that's the way it looks. That said, I'd still have SAC ahead of UM in the polls. They deserve that by virtue of beating UM and their only losses being to Weber, and narrowly two FBS teams. UM has won decidedly over EWU and PSU without Sneed. That's impressive.

I'm not surprised that WSU had trouble with UND. The Hawks are a better team than NAU. Weber was probably looking ahead to UM.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:57 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Flagstaff at 7000 ft is probably the best homefield advantage in any and all sporting events.

I’d be willing to bet that NAU is above 80% home wins over the last decade. Sac deserves a ton of credit for winning there.
Best what? Any and all? Hypebole much? NAU isn't good at home, on the road, or on a neutral field. Not a good team. Average at best. SAC should've rolled NAU. They came to Bozeman and, while they weren't exactly dominant, won handily. MSU beat NAU handily. But somehow the elevation is supposed to throttle SAC down. SAC gets no credit from me for miraculously beating NAU in Flagstaff. They flat got lucky. NAU has a legacy of blowing games. They did it again. I was actually following the game with a NAU grad. He called it. Said NAU would blow it despite being up 10 with little time remaining. It's what NAU does.

If anything SAC is petering out. I have nothing against them, but that's the way it looks. That said, I'd still have SAC ahead of UM in the polls. They deserve that by virtue of beating UM and their only losses being to Weber, and narrowly two FBS teams. UM has won decidedly over EWU and PSU without Sneed. That's impressive.

I'm not surprised that WSU had trouble with UND. The Hawks are a better team than NAU. Weber was probably looking ahead to UM.
Uh... EM beating EWU and PSU is impressive? Neither of those teams are good this year. If UM beats Weber on Saturday, THAT will be impressive. Really don't think they have the horses to keep up with Weber with our without Sneed but we'll see.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:57 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Uh... EM beating EWU and PSU is impressive? Neither of those teams are good this year. If UM beats Weber on Saturday, THAT will be impressive. Really don't think they have the horses to keep up with Weber with our without Sneed but we'll see.
Yes, it's impressive. The common theme was 'UM isn't that good when you take Sneed out of the equation,' but that happened and they kept winning like he wasn't gone. That's impressive. EWU is 4-2 in league and PSU is 3-4. They don't exactly suck.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Yes, it's impressive. The common theme was 'UM isn't that good when you take Sneed out of the equation,' but that happened and they kept winning like he wasn't gone. That's impressive. EWU is 4-2 in league and PSU is 3-4. They don't exactly suck.
Hi Tom! I think you might be giving EWU and PSU too much credit. PSU has only won against bad teams in SUU, UNC, Idaho and two lower division teams. PSU also had bad losses to bad teams in NAU and ISU. EWU wins include weak teams UNC, NAU, ISU, Lindenwood and an unimpressive win over UND at Cheney. Barrierre had 93 yards passing in that UND game and UND had 6 turnovers!

The only good team UM played this year was Sac State and they were dominated. As mentioned earlier, UM has only beat one team with a winning record this year and also has only one win over a potential playoff team: Monmouth.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Weber, a Hawk hangover?

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 pm

kwcat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 pm
Weber, a Hawk hangover?
I think the close game with UND wakes Weber up and they go into WaGriz playing well coming away with a W.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm

rivercat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 pm
kwcat wrote:
Weber, a Hawk hangover?
I think the close game with UND wakes Weber up and they go into WaGriz playing well coming away with a W.
Yeah, I think the UND game was a trap game, it was sandwiched between road games at SAC and um

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm
rivercat wrote:
kwcat wrote:
Weber, a Hawk hangover?
Yeah, I think the UND game was a trap game, it was sandwiched between road games at SAC and um
I agree here. Sounds like Weber is a big, mature, physical team and they have some studs. Bobby said the Rasheed guy might be the best player in FCS. But, I also heard Weber's stud RB is injured, anyone know?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Hi Tom! I think you might be giving EWU and PSU too much credit. PSU has only won against bad teams in SUU, UNC, Idaho and two lower division teams. PSU also had bad losses to bad teams in NAU and ISU. EWU wins include weak teams UNC, NAU, ISU, Lindenwood and an unimpressive win over UND at Cheney. Barrierre had 93 yards passing in that UND game and UND had 6 turnovers!

The only good team UM played this year was Sac State and they were dominated. As mentioned earlier, UM has only beat one team with a winning record this year and also has only one win over a potential playoff team: Monmouth.
Maybe, but I'm going to stick with my thought that EW and PSU don't suck and that UM was going to stumble without Sneed. I'm impressed with UM. I didn't think they'd be 8-2 at this point of the season, especially with Sneed missing two+ games. Even if they lose the next two, 8-4/playoffs is a good season.

toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:33 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:22 pm
rivercat wrote:
kwcat wrote:
Weber, a Hawk hangover?
I agree here. Sounds like Weber is a big, mature, physical team and they have some studs. Bobby said the Rasheed guy might be the best player in FCS. But, I also heard Weber's stud RB is injured, anyone know?
Davis had 2 carries and left the game last week, I didn't see what happened.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Weber by 2 TDs.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:

My favorite Massey simulation computer ranking has Kennesaw State at #36 in the FCS. Just about right.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

OK Boomer.

Yes, any and all homefields in ALL of sports-no hyperbole. (I could be wrong, there are probably a couple that I can't think of off the top of my head, you can probably count them on one hand). I'm sure that you can go from Bozeman to the top of Granite Peak (7000 feet) and not get remotely winded. But most athletes struggle with that. Cats haven't beat NAU in Flag since 2008...we are 1-3 there since 2005. And those were some pretty good teams. Hell, NAU was a bad team last year and they still beat Weber at home and only lost to EWU by 5.

Best home field in all of sports.

I wouldn't move Sac State up, just because of their win. But, yes, going into to Flagstaff and winning with your backup QB is better than beating the Idaho Petrinos at home.

At the end of it all, I actually agree with you on most everything...except that beating NAU in Flagstaff is impressive.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

OK Boomer.

Yes, any and all homefields in ALL of sports-no hyperbole. (I could be wrong, there are probably a couple that I can't think of off the top of my head, you can probably count them on one hand). I'm sure that you can go from Bozeman to the top of Granite Peak (7000 feet) and not get remotely winded. But most athletes struggle with that. Cats haven't beat NAU in Flag since 2008...we are 1-3 there since 2005. And those were some pretty good teams. Hell, NAU was a bad team last year and they still beat Weber at home and only lost to EWU by 5.

I wouldn't move Sac State up, just because of their win. But, yes, going into to Flagstaff and winning with your backup QB is better than beating the Idaho Petrinos at home.

At the end of it all, I actually agree with you on most everything...except that beating NAU in Flagstaff is impressive.
Well NAU must really be a bad team then. Really bad. You got the best homefield advantage and you've won, what?, one BSC title? Have they ever won a playoff game. Didn't they have a home playoff game a few years and just got wasted by some Pioneer Conference team by like 30 points? You'd think having the best homefield advantage in all of sports would be a nice recruiting incentive and they'd build a strong program with that. They're 13-7 at home the last four years.

Granite Peak? The one in Montana? It's over 12,000 feet.

toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

OK Boomer.

Well NAU must really be a bad team then. Really bad. You got the best homefield advantage and you've won, what?, one BSC title? Have they ever won a playoff game. Didn't they have a home playoff game a few years and just got wasted by some Pioneer Conference team by like 30 points? You'd think having the best homefield advantage in all of sports would be a nice recruiting incentive and they'd build a strong program with that. They're 13-7 at home the last four years.

Granite Peak? The one in Montana? It's over 12,000 feet.
:lol:
I’m with you. They’re not great but if they had the best home field advantage in all of sports, I think you could make the argument then that they’re one of the worst teams/programs in all of sports! Because they don’t win anything.

I’m sorry but they don’t even have the best home field advantage in our conference, let alone our division, let alone in all of college football, let alone in sports.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:46 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 pm
Weber by 2 TDs.
Ya. I know you can't always do the transitive thing and each game is different but when you step back and look at this game, I watched the Griz Sac game and Sac was clearly a much better team, kind of dominated. I also watched the Weber\Sac game and Weber was clearly better than Sac, pretty much dominated. So unless something crazy happens with turnovers, or unless Weber has their worst game of the season and UM has their best, Weber wins comfortably. Weber lines are better than UMs and I think they control the game.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:

My favorite Massey simulation computer ranking has Kennesaw State at #36 in the FCS. Just about right.
That same simulation has a 5-5 UC Davis (#11) ranked ahead of a 7-3 MSU (#12).