Let’s roll with Bauman for rest of season!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Re: Let’s roll with Bauman for rest of season!

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:10 pm
I'm starting to believe Beltran has some family members with BN accounts.
I can tell you with certainty that Beltran has no family members posting on here nor do the look at Bobcat Nation.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:49 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:21 pm
cjlem22 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:47 pm
cjlem22 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:31 pm
I think that Bauman maybe has more upside than Rovig, but what really needs to happen is finish this year out with Rovig, and recruit a QB that is a bit of a double threat. Obviously we cant have guy with TA's speed with a cannon but it would be nice to have a guy that can run and throw. But still, I think we roll with Rovig just because we've been with him for a while now.
Grady Robison is a MSU commit who fits that bill. But they will probably add a transfer as well. You don't want to put the whole thing on a true freshman.
True. But, maybe if Grady gets a year or two to really get a hold of the offense, we could be seeing something special. Also, my question is, what is the deal with Beltran? Why hasnt he been given a chance to play yet?
I sat three rows back yesterday and I'm starting to believe the coaches might just think Beltran is too small to play QB because he stands next to Bauman so often. Bauman is a giant that makes everyone look small next to him. He's even noticeably bigger than Rovig even though he's only an inch taller.
They said the same thing about Russell Wilson in the NFL...

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:03 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:10 pm
I'm starting to believe Beltran has some family members with BN accounts.
I can tell you with certainty that Beltran has no family members posting on here nor do the look at Bobcat Nation.
It was a joke, Bob.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Is it just me or is there more bickering, arguing, name calling and agitation this year on BN than ever before? I blame Choate :D

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Is it just me or is there more bickering, arguing, name calling and agitation this year on BN than ever before? I blame Choate :D
I blame Rovig.

Just kidding! We all know it's my fault.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:49 pm

exppi wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:49 pm
coloradocat wrote:
cjlem22 wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:
cjlem22 wrote:
I think that Bauman maybe has more upside than Rovig, but what really needs to happen is finish this year out with Rovig, and recruit a QB that is a bit of a double threat. Obviously we cant have guy with TA's speed with a cannon but it would be nice to have a guy that can run and throw. But still, I think we roll with Rovig just because we've been with him for a while now.
Grady Robison is a MSU commit who fits that bill. But they will probably add a transfer as well. You don't want to put the whole thing on a true freshman.
True. But, maybe if Grady gets a year or two to really get a hold of the offense, we could be seeing something special. Also, my question is, what is the deal with Beltran? Why hasnt he been given a chance to play yet?
I sat three rows back yesterday and I'm starting to believe the coaches might just think Beltran is too small to play QB because he stands next to Bauman so often. Bauman is a giant that makes everyone look small next to him. He's even noticeably bigger than Rovig even though he's only an inch taller.
Difference between two short and too small.

Regardless, the reason Beltran isn't playing isn't his size.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Definitely surprising given the Cats being 7-3 and controlling their destiny.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Little chippy for sure. I love where we’re at. Go down and get a dub in Davis. Then an epic brawl I’m already losing sleep over. Then playoff football. Real excited!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 pm
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Little chippy for sure. I love where we’re at. Go down and get a dub in Davis. Then an epic brawl I’m already losing sleep over. Then playoff football. Real excited!
It’s already pretty dang close to playoff football. If the Cats lose in Davis, every game is “lose or go home” (probably...there’s an outside chance of aqueaking in at 7-5, but not a great one). Big road game for sure.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 pm
technoCat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
It’s already pretty dang close to playoff football. If the Cats lose in Davis, every game is “lose or go home” (probably...there’s an outside chance of aqueaking in at 7-5, but not a great one). Big road game for sure.
Totally agree and I’m betting Choate relays that message loud and clear. Must win game. Go down, take care of Davis, and THEN worry about Missoula

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:49 pm
exppi wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:49 pm
coloradocat wrote:
cjlem22 wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:
cjlem22 wrote:
Difference between two short and too small.

Regardless, the reason Beltran isn't playing isn't his size.
It was a joke!!

But seriously, Bauman is a giant.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!