Dennis Erickson sidelines

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Dennis Erickson sidelines

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:15 am

I wonder if you've seen the picture posted on Twitter of Dennis Erickson on the sidelines talking to Matt Miller between plays.

Dennis has been around the Cats a lot this season and he seems to be providing insights to Coach(s)...not that he needs a sideline pass for games or anything. I would be fascinated to eves drop on some of those little conversations!

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Dennis Erickson sidelines

Post by KittieKop » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am

So yesterday wasn't MSU v SUU, it was Dennis Erickson v Jeff Fisher :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 am

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am
So yesterday wasn't MSU v SUU, it was Dennis Erickson v Jeff Fisher :lol:
Haha give me Dennis every single time over Mr. 8-8.

It was reported that Army and Miller would be paired more going forward in terms of the play calling. The assumption was they would both be up in the booth but they were both on the sidelines. I wonder who they had up in the booth, whoever it was it sure seemed to work!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 am

What a fabulous opportunity for Matt Miller. How many FCS OC’s get to chat with a former College National Championship and NFL head coach between plays? I occasionally see Dennis at Nosworthy’s in Coeur d’Alene. Next time I do I will thank him in person but for now I will just say it here. Thanks Dennis for continuing to support the Cats!

It also means that there were two former NFL head coaches at the game yesterday. Pretty cool!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:35 am

RobertCats wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 am

It was reported that Army and Miller would be paired more going forward in terms of the play calling. The assumption was they would both be up in the booth but they were both on the sidelines. I wonder who they had up in the booth, whoever it was it sure seemed to work!
Potter and Frazier.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:50 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:35 am
RobertCats wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 am

Potter and Frazier.
Ahh I like it, with Potter’s expertise with the offensive line and he can see the running lanes and how the defensive line is shading much easier in the booth.

Thanks!

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Dennis Erickson was the honorary captain yesterday. That is why he was on the sidelines.

I am sure he would offer advice if asked but that was not his primary purpose yesterday

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:34 pm

kcatz wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:23 pm
Dennis Erickson was the honorary captain yesterday. That is why he was on the sidelines.

I am sure he would offer advice if asked but that was not his primary purpose yesterday
True but I think he'd express his opinion whether asked or not, and I'm ok with that.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:34 pm
kcatz wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:23 pm

True but I think he'd express his opinion whether asked or not, and I'm ok with that.
Agreed, old farts like Erickson don't stand around and twiddle their thumbs...they are usually quite opinionated and for good reason. He was also brought in earlier in Fall camp and just "stood around" as Casey and Tucker and Co. were fighting for QB1. He's been around a lot this season and I find that fascinating because he seems quite invested in this team this year.