More bad calls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

More bad calls

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:17 pm

At least two missed holdings. Cozzie got tackled rushing the QB.

The incomplete pass on the jet sweep called a fumble.

Two bad calls on Jonsen sideline catch. He reestablished inbounds and made catch. Then he was roughed out of bounds. They ruled no catch and therefore no penalty. Should’ve still been a penalty even IF ruled no catch.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: More bad calls

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Yeah they were exceptionally bad today. And the fact the "fumbled" sweep wasn't reviewed is even worse. The crew didn't even gather to talk about the referee just made the decision. It's really become a problem across football. The PAC 12 crews this year have been really bad too.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:44 pm

If we want to point out missed calls, MSU pretty plainly hit the SUU punter on one of the punts, the one he was injured. Running into at the punter at the very least. Hit knee to knee.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Two bad calls on Jonsen sideline catch. He reestablished inbounds and made catch. Then he was roughed out of bounds. They ruled no catch and therefore no penalty. Should’ve still been a penalty even IF ruled no catch.
Jonsen was not forced out. He took 2 steps out of bounds and came back in.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:44 pm
If we want to point out missed calls, MSU pretty plainly hit the SUU punter on one of the punts, the one he was injured. Running into at the punter at the very least. Hit knee to knee.
From in the stands it looked clean to me. The kid seemed to spin after the Bobcat player was by him.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 pm
KittieKop wrote:
From in the stands it looked clean to me. The kid seemed to spin after the Bobcat player was by him.
KK wrong. As the defender was rushing by, the punter voluntarily moved his leg in the path of the defender and flopped. The ref made a great no call as he could see exactly how it happened.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 pm

allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Replays on TV show pretty clearly he was hit. I dont remember who the Cat defender was, but they hit knees. SUU punter was down for a bit and it was legit.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 pm

1984champ wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
KK wrong. As the defender was rushing by, the punter voluntarily moved his leg in the path of the defender and flopped. The ref made a great no call as he could see exactly how it happened.
Is that like running into the path of a bullet? Kid was in his kicking motion and was hit. It ain't a big deal to get in a whole thing over but MSU hit the punter. Sorry.

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:08 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 pm
1984champ wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Is that like running into the path of a bullet? Kid was in his kicking motion and was hit. It ain't a big deal to get in a whole thing over but MSU hit the punter. Sorry.
Ref was right there. The dude flopped. His leg was hanging in the air and the ball was gone. Yes there was contact but it was initiated by the punter and the ref could see it clearly. Difference of opinion no big deal.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Then there was the PF on Thomas. Listening it sounded like Thomas started mouthing off to the guy but was told somebody was kicking a CAT and Thomas was standing up to the guy.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:24 pm

One that went our way. The horse collar was not a horse collar because he had the jersey not the shoulder pads.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:40 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:20 pm
Then there was the PF on Thomas. Listening it sounded like Thomas started mouthing off to the guy but was told somebody was kicking a CAT and Thomas was standing up to the guy.
SUU player was pissed at whoever tackled him hadn’t fully let go of his legs yet so started kicking and Thomas tried to put a stop to it.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:57 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Yes, refs got that call 100% correct. Not even close. The hit out of bounds was 50-50.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 pm

KittieKop wrote:
That was a dive...come on. This isn't soccer

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

They missed calls all over. It happens every week. I certainly enjoyed how the ref couldnt put a coherent thought together. Stammering through the whole game. Roughing the snapper on the PAT had to have been the best.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:57 pm
allcat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Yes, refs got that call 100% correct. Not even close. The hit out of bounds was 50-50.
Also, if the throw on the jet sweep went straight up (which I think it did) it would be a fumble, not a forward pass. That should have been reviewed.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:06 pm

They really gave SUU the benefit of the doubt on spotting the ball. On one 4th down they were at least 1/2 yard short. The refs dicked around with the ball until the teams went and talked to another official. Then the referee spotted the ball a whole yard further than the runner gained and gave them a first down.

2024 Resume dominance

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

They missed calls all over. It happens every week. I certainly enjoyed how the ref couldnt put a coherent thought together. Stammering through the whole game. Roughing the snapper on the PAT had to have been the best.
I haven't seen it on tv yet, but roughing the snapper is a real call, has been for many years. What happened that made that call so bad? (I was at the other end of the stadium)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:06 pm
They really gave SUU the benefit of the doubt on spotting the ball. On one 4th down they were at least 1/2 yard short. The refs dicked around with the ball until the teams went and talked to another official. Then the referee spotted the ball a whole yard further than the runner gained and gave them a first down.
The Linesman that spotted that one ran almost a full yard in favor of SUU from the sideline to where the ball was spotted. No awareness of where he was on the field whatsoever.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:13 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

I haven't seen it on tv yet, but roughing the snapper is a real call, has been for many years. What happened that made that call so bad? (I was at the other end of the stadium)
No, the call was fine. The ref literally couldn't put the call together coherently. He stammered and corrected himself about 6 times.