More bad calls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AnchorCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: More bad calls

Post by AnchorCat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 am

It appears both Jonsen and Snell are lined up in-line to each other. If they're both off the line, it is by rule an illegal formation: too many men in the back field. If they're both on the line then Snell is ineligible because he is covered by the outside receiver.

It's a very well designed play though and I'm glad we got the TD. However, I did have to laugh when the announcers said Snell was taught to "fall down" like he did. The defensive lineman's leg sticking out there to trip Snell must have been part of the plan.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:34 am

AnchorCat wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 am
It appears both Jonsen and Snell are lined up in-line to each other.
Appearances are deceiving, because the whole video is taken at an angle. Snell's head is low to the ground, he's lined up (more or less) where it looks like he's lined up. Jonsen's head is basically right above his foot...but it's hard to tell unless you draw a vertical line up from his toe and it goes through his right nostril :lol:

It's called parallax. If you're confused, don't worry. I don't really get it either, I just know it exists.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:02 am
AnchorCat wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:55 am
One bad call in our favor was Snell's TD reception. He was covered up so was an ineligible receiver.
I don't know anything about legal or illegal formations and stuff like that-I'll leave it to the rules experts on here. But it's kinda funny-watch the kid who is supposed to be guarding Snell. He starts to go with him and then gets pushed over by his own guy. SUU was having a really bad day.

AnchorCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by AnchorCat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:58 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:34 am

It's called parallax. If you're confused, don't worry. I don't really get it either, I just know it exists.
If "parallax" makes you feel better about the non-call, ok.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:44 pm
If we want to point out missed calls, MSU pretty plainly hit the SUU punter on one of the punts, the one he was injured. Running into at the punter at the very least. Hit knee to knee.
I thought it was a total flop at the game, but now I'm re-watching it on DVR and you're right, KK, they did collide knee to knee as the defender brushed by him. It was very little contact so I can see why nothing was called. But there was definitely contact.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Contact. We are not alone in this universe.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:27 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm
KittieKop wrote:
If we want to point out missed calls, MSU pretty plainly hit the SUU punter on one of the punts, the one he was injured. Running into at the punter at the very least. Hit knee to knee.
I thought it was a total flop at the game, but now I'm re-watching it on DVR and you're right, KK, they did collide knee to knee as the defender brushed by him. It was very little contact so I can see why nothing was called. But there was definitely contact.
I'm not saying it was egregious or anything, but usually if you come close to breathing on a punter, that's called. There was definitely contact, defender wasn't pushed into the punter. Just surprised there was no call. 9 times out of 10 it would be, flop or no flop.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:30 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:55 am
lutecat wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:53 am
Notice how the punter walked off without a trace of a limp after rolling around in such pain for so long.......

I too had a great view from my seat and the contact was all on the punter.
He flopped so hard he probably knocked the wind out of himself. He went about his business on the sideline and didn’t even get looked at on the trainers table.
haha...we thought the same - he put up such a prime acting job that he had to continue with i to save face!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Strike Four? Our own Big Sky officials moonlighting between football games? They aren’t good at this either!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Strike Four? Our own Big Sky officials moonlighting between football games? They aren’t good at this either!
Most definitely checked his swing. Is there even a question?? :lol:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:31 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:27 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:10 pm
KittieKop wrote:
I'm not saying it was egregious or anything, but usually if you come close to breathing on a punter, that's called. There was definitely contact, defender wasn't pushed into the punter. Just surprised there was no call. 9 times out of 10 it would be, flop or no flop.
Seems like punters do get bumped into from time to time and there's no call. I think it's a judgement call by the official, if the kicker is just hanging his leg out there hoping someone bumps into him, so he can fall and go into violent convulsions eliciting gasps from the studio audience in hopes of a nomination for a Teen Choice Award.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:50 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Most definitely checked his swing. Is there even a question?? :lol:
Ha, even without the “swing or no swing” the ball was right down the middle!!

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:17 am

Did you see the horrible no call at Davis (holding) on the cats second TD???

:D

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:35 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:17 am
Did you see the horrible no call at Davis (holding) on the cats second TD???

:D
Did you see the horrible no call at Davis (holding) on the Aggies second TD???

The armpit of TA'S jersey was n between the 1 & 5 on his jersey.

BSC officiating is horrible no matter who's playing. So shove a sock in it, you LAME grizzly troll...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:39 am

allcat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:17 pm
At least two missed holdings. Cozzie got tackled rushing the QB.

The incomplete pass on the jet sweep called a fumble.

Two bad calls on Jonsen sideline catch. He reestablished inbounds and made catch. Then he was roughed out of bounds. They ruled no catch and therefore no penalty. Should’ve still been a penalty even IF ruled no catch.
Jonsen was not forced out. He took 2 steps out of bounds and came back in.
Doesn’t matter.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:36 pm

The backjudge running in to stop the ball from being snapped (because he apparently saw something I guess?), not resetting the play clock, and basically causing a delay of game penalty on the Cats was a pretty egregious (non)-call. Made absolutely no sense that a penalty was called.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:53 pm

FTG06' wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:36 pm
The backjudge running in to stop the ball from being snapped (because he apparently saw something I guess?), not resetting the play clock, and basically causing a delay of game penalty on the Cats was a pretty egregious (non)-call. Made absolutely no sense that a penalty was called.
The cats ran a guy on late. We only had 10 guys in formation, LG ran on with about 8 seconds left in the play clock. The ref did it right in allowing the defense to sub, we need to be better getting the correct personnel out there.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:53 pm
FTG06' wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:36 pm
The cats ran a guy on late. We only had 10 guys in formation, LG ran on with about 8 seconds left in the play clock. The ref did it right in allowing the defense to sub, we need to be better getting the correct personnel out there.
I definitely missed the sub on that sequence.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77