November Run

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: November Run

Post by KittieKop » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:53 pm
From MSU:
Montana becomes Montana State’s seventh straight opponent to win the game before playing the Cats.
They talking about having won the game immediately preceding the one against the Cats? Or, like the griz, declaring victory before the game is actually played? :wink: :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:45 pm

It's been a sweet November not only for Bobcat Football, but also for Men's and Women's Basketball. Gooooood times!

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:25 am

Cats have now matched the win total from last year. Program keeps improving. Great work boys! Now let's get it done against the Griz!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:06 am

Own the State, beat The Sky!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Well, they did it. The November Run is complete and I'll be damned if Choate wasn't spot on with what he's been telling us. We literally got progressively better in each and every game in November. Sure we all hoped for that type of game Saturday but deep down I don't think any of us really expected that to happen. To completely dominate the Griz like that and pound it down their throats all day long was an incredible thing of beauty. The Cats did that without Troy Andersen, the best player by far on both sides of the ball. That is astounding. 8)

Here's to a deep playoff run for the Cats. I think we got completely screwed with the bracket but it is what it is. Mid season I didn't think I'd be saying this but this Cat team could go into NDSU and compete with them today.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:24 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm
Well, they did it. The November Run is complete and I'll be damned if Choate wasn't spot on with what he's been telling us. We literally got progressively better in each and every game in November. Sure we all hoped for that type of game Saturday but deep down I don't think any of us really expected that to happen. To completely dominate the Griz like that and pound it down their throats all day long was an incredible thing of beauty. The Cats did that without Troy Andersen, the best player by far on both sides of the ball. That is astounding. 8)

Here's to a deep playoff run for the Cats. I think we got completely screwed with the bracket but it is what it is. Mid season I didn't think I'd be saying this but this Cat team could go into NDSU and compete with them today.
I don't feel the same on the bracket.

- Everyone is going through NDSU or JMU this year, I have no doubt, and I'm not sure who's better there.
- Both Sac State and Weber are banged up
- We will likely get to play in 70 degree weather in the quarters, what's not to like there
- IMO Weber and Sac have an equal chance of losing their second round games.

I just don't see this side being a huge disadvantage compared to the Griz or anyone else.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:45 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:24 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm

I don't feel the same on the bracket.

- Everyone is going through NDSU or JMU this year, I have no doubt, and I'm not sure who's better there.
- Both Sac State and Weber are banged up
- We will likely get to play in 70 degree weather in the quarters, what's not to like there
- IMO Weber and Sac have an equal chance of losing their second round games.

I just don't see this side being a huge disadvantage compared to the Griz or anyone else.
Well good then, thanks for that perspective, it makes me feel better! I was just disappointed in having to go to Sac. If they're QB is healthy, they are a tough out. I felt like Weber is banged up. Lastly, I just assume NDSU is the best team in the FCS by far, because they usually are, 7 of last 8 years.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 pm

The griz will likely play Villanova first, a team that many people had predicted as a seed. They finish #8 in today's STATS poll. That's a tough draw for um, especially considering Villanova throws the ball well, which the griz have had trouble on the back end. Of course, we showed that they also have trouble on the front end :lol:
But that's a tough first game for them. I'm happy with where the Cats are.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 pm

We get a revenge chance at Sac, who is a first time participant themselves. We've been surging, and they haven't been playing their best football. I'm not even so sure Sac will get past Furman.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:22 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 pm
We get a revenge chance at Sac, who is a first time participant themselves. We've been surging, and they haven't been playing their best football. I'm not even so sure Sac will get past Furman.
I'd like to see the Cats get another home game against Furman instead of going to Cali.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:09 pm

And honestly I’d rather go to Fargo for the semis than to play them in Frisco (lots of assumptions in there of course). NDSU knows how to manage the time off between semis and chipper, and the game itself down there. MSU would be a first timer in that department. Huge advantage for NDSU, even bigger than regular home field advantage. Going into Fargo, in my opinion, would be a better chance to win as it will be much more of a routine-style week like a Big Sky road game. Literally have been there before, one year ago. Got trounced on the field, but the experience can pay big dividends.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 pm

tdub wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:09 pm
And honestly I’d rather go to Fargo for the semis than to play them in Frisco (lots of assumptions in there of course). NDSU knows how to manage the time off between semis and chipper, and the game itself down there. MSU would be a first timer in that department. Huge advantage for NDSU, even bigger than regular home field advantage. Going into Fargo, in my opinion, would be a better chance to win as it will be much more of a routine-style week like a Big Sky road game. Literally have been there before, one year ago. Got trounced on the field, but the experience can pay big dividends.
Agreed and I think we’ve closed the gap. Have we closed it enough? I have to much respect for NDSU to make such a statement but I think we’d show better given the chance.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 am

utucats wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 pm
tdub wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:09 pm
Agreed and I think we’ve closed the gap. Have we closed it enough? I have to much respect for NDSU to make such a statement but I think we’d show better given the chance.
If we play like we did against UM, we can play with NDSU. I'm not saying we'll win, but we won't lose by 30+ points either. It would be a game.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:03 pm
If this team’s ever going to play consistently well, then the defense and run game will need to lead the way. MSU isn’t suddenly going to start throwing for 200 yards and two TDs a game.

That and they need to be about done making dumb mistakes. They’ve certainly made enough for a whole season.
As Konkol said, if we don’t beat ourselves, nobody can beat us.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:23 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 am
TomCat88 wrote:
If this team’s ever going to play consistently well, then the defense and run game will need to lead the way. MSU isn’t suddenly going to start throwing for 200 yards and two TDs a game.

That and they need to be about done making dumb mistakes. They’ve certainly made enough for a whole season.
I rewatched the game last night and there is still plenty to clean up from Saturday's game. We had 5 fumbles! Luckily they all either shot out of bounds or went straight to a teammate. Not to rain on the good feelings parade, more just thinking Choate has plenty to point at this game and say "this will cost us against NDSU or even Sac".

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:28 am

Since the team and coaches reached resonance following UND, these guys can play with anyone. The intensity the team demonstrated on Saturday is what it takes to beat NDSU - plus a little luck.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:23 am
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I rewatched the game last night and there is still plenty to clean up from Saturday's game. We had 5 fumbles! Luckily they all either shot out of bounds or went straight to a teammate. Not to rain on the good feelings parade, more just thinking Choate has plenty to point at this game and say "this will cost us against NDSU or even Sac".
Coach pointed out these issues in his Monday presser. Lots to clean up lots to be excited about time to move ahead and focus on getting healthy and game prep

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 am

technoCat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I saw three fumbles. I saw Jones let go of the ball after he went out of bounds, but that’s not a fumble. Many players let go to brace themselves for the fall. Rovig did fumble as he was going out. He had the ball in the wrong arm. Patterson and Jonsen both fumble on first two plays. Crazy that there were three fumbles on the first three plays, then the next play was a TD.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:46 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 am
technoCat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I saw three fumbles. I saw Jones let go of the ball after he went out of bounds, but that’s not a fumble. Many players let go to brace themselves for the fall.
…not sure about that one. watching the replay it was pretty clear that the griz defender caused Jones to fumble. luckily it just shot straight out of bounds though.

Both the Patterson and Jonsen fumbles were VERY lucky. watching the replays it is pretty crazy that we were able to recover both of those. Definitely could have drastically changed the early momentum in the game.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:28 am
Since the team and coaches reached resonance following UND, these guys can play with anyone. The intensity the team demonstrated on Saturday is what it takes to beat NDSU - plus a little luck.
That was the first Game in a long time, I felt the Cat's played up to their potential against a Quality
opponent. It was good too see , I hope they can sustain it . If they do we are in for a Deep Run.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play