What gives us the best chance at winning out?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

UpperBlue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: What gives us the best chance at winning out?

Post by UpperBlue » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 pm

aucat wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:55 am
Putting more points on the board than the other team. Basic stuff, I know, but it seems to me that the coaching staff doesn't understand basics. Maybe instead of trying to be tricky and sneaky and doing weird things we should just try to get back to basics, like putting points on the board rather than some strange 2 point conversion attempt. Choate has defended this decision but I still don't agree with it. I feel like I'm just on repeat from NAU 2017 though.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:54 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:54 pm
Loosen or remove the restrictions on the offense to allow more flexibility and let them play. Give the offensive line and running backs the tools to deal with stunts and blitzes.
You mean turn Rovig loose? Ha! That might really make him nervous! Our "fexibility" problem is that Rovig doesn't feel comfortable throwing the ball into tight windows, he waits too long, or the coaches have forbidden him to try it. He doesn't turn the ball over, but doesn't convert on 3rd and 5 either. (Like Thomson of Sac St.) Thomson reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Just flips the ball to players anywhere they are open, throws them open, and can buy time in the pocket with his feet, and the pass is right where they don't have to break stride to run after the catch. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

What tools? Like guns and swords? lol!

If your QB is not mobile (like Thomson Bariere or Snead) then he has to have a mind and arm like Cookus or Maier. If neither you have our QB's.

The NFL are seemingly all going for the mobile QB's these days. Brady is the winningest but he is a dinosaur being a pocket QB. After him the least mobile are Rodgers and Brees and they both move very well in the pocket and outside it if necessary.

Rovig has very slow feet, and can never beat that one guy who reaches for him when he decides to run. He may make a few yards on QB draws, but never more than 5 yards....he's too slow!

If he wants to be our starter he needs to make all the throws and not apologize for losing the game...its a team game....he made it sound like "poor me, I'm terrible". Which kind of leader would you like to follow? You'd never see Baker Mayfield talk like that....and he has had a tough road to hoe....but his team mates still respect and play all out for him.

2024 Resume dominance

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:22 am

UpperBlue wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 pm
aucat wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:55 am
Putting more points on the board than the other team. Basic stuff, I know, but it seems to me that the coaching staff doesn't understand basics. Maybe instead of trying to be tricky and sneaky and doing weird things we should just try to get back to basics, like putting points on the board rather than some strange 2 point conversion attempt. Choate has defended this decision but I still don't agree with it. I feel like I'm just on repeat from NAU 2017 though.
How about we just focus on moving the chains! The points will come but we have to keep the offense on the field. Higher percentage plays to move the sticks.