Troy Andersen is...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Troy Andersen is...

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:24 pm

... a college running back. He might be a pro linebacker, but he’s a college running back.

Pat Donovan was a college DE. All America at Stanford. He was an All Pro OL for Dallas.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Troy Andersen is...

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:28 pm

He was playing a pretty good college linebacker today!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:33 pm

It's pathetic that our offense is such a wreck that the only hope is to take the best athlete in a generation and just give him the ball time after time. That's what happens in Class C football, not D1.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Look at it this way-

How do you think opposing coaches are viewing this situation? Would they rather go against TA as a linebacker or running back....

It’s not even close. Not even debatable. Opposing coaches must just be scratching their heads while laughing at the same time about the situation.

The most dominant running back in the country and the coaches move him to linebacker... haha.

For the record- I always lobbied for him to move to LB. and I was completely wrong. Not that it matters what I think, I’m just some random fan.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:38 pm

Troy is not a pro linebacker. There's a small chance he could become one in another year but he's not remotely dominating the FCS this year (which is the bar the NFL will judge him by). If we keep sending him out there on offense there's almost no way he makes the NFL because it slows his defensive development and increases the chances of injury.

Because of this I wish we would just use him at running back. He's amazing and you always know something special will happen when he's in the backfield.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

spring creek cat

Post by spring creek cat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Can we play him As a running back, not as a single back/wildcat qb!!! Put him at tailback and let Rovig hand it or pitch to him! I don’t mind the wildcat thing, but he is getting beat up doing that! Give him some blockers and try to keep him healthy for both sides of the ball. I do think he looked like an all conference linebacker at times today! He is definitely starting to improve and make some noise on defense

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

I'd love for him to be a RB full time but I suspect he's a bit more hurt than we're let to believe.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:41 pm

We (including myself) have always talked about troy having the potential to be an nfl linebacker........ is there a reason we never talk about him being an nfl running back.....???

FTG- GO CATS GO!

RobertoGato

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Troy had a great game at linebacker today...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:50 pm

...special. Next question.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:51 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:42 pm
Troy had a great game at linebacker today...
He did. But play for play he was better running the ball even when everyone in the building knew he’d run it. Imagine how well he might do if the defense isn’t sure he’ll run it.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:52 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:33 pm
It's pathetic that our offense is such a wreck that the only hope is to take the best athlete in a generation and just give him the ball time after time. That's what happens in Class C football, not D1.
I agree, but would you rather lose on principle or win at all costs? I would rather win at all costs.

If your left, you aren’t right.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:57 pm

rivercat wrote:
You don’t need to go to that extreme. He’s a running back. Quit lining him up at quarterback. Just having him on the field makes the defense account for him. Can’t Rovig/Jonsen and Andersen be on the MFing field at the same MFing time?

toM StUber

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:06 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm
I'd love for him to be a RB full time but I suspect he's a bit more hurt than we're let to believe.
Agree 100%, he is more effective at RB. After his 4th game this year a decision should have made to redshirt him. He isn't 100% healthy.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:07 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:57 pm
rivercat wrote:
You don’t need to go to that extreme. He’s a running back. Quit lining him up at quarterback. Just having him on the field makes the defense account for him. Can’t Rovig/Jonsen and Andersen be on the MFing field at the same MFing time?
Didn't we all have the same idea before the season started that we'd have a lot of diamond sets with some mixture of QB/Troy/II/Jonsen in the backfield? Have we even run that once this year? It's always traditional QB/RB or Jonsen by himself or Troy either by himself or with a RB who he's not going to hand off to.

But back to Troy. He's amazing. I'm on the edge of my seat every time he comes onto the field on offense.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:08 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
I've been thinking this all season. The only thing I can come up with is the staff is out thinking themselves. Are they saving this package/scheme for Cat griz or the playoffs? Is Jonsen and Troy always keeping the ball setting up someone down the line? If so they are waiting too long and will miss out on that being a deciding factor in a game because the season will be done and it wont matter.

Halfcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Halfcat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Troy Andersen is...the exceptional athlete, the camouflage, the smoke, the slight of hand distraction for what is not working for a really good football team.

2019...🏆

IHATEHIPPIES
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by IHATEHIPPIES » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:42 pm

An average linebacker.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:54 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:07 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
rivercat wrote:
Didn't we all have the same idea before the season started that we'd have a lot of diamond sets with some mixture of QB/Troy/II/Jonsen in the backfield? Have we even run that once this year? It's always traditional QB/RB or Jonsen by himself or Troy either by himself or with a RB who he's not going to hand off to.

But back to Troy. He's amazing. I'm on the edge of my seat every time he comes onto the field on offense.
On the edge of your seat because of how special he is on that side of the ball. You could make a pretty damn good argument that Callahan Reilly is a better LB for us right now than TA. I know TA is injured but even in his current condition, who is more dynamic on offense? No one.

When you are at 50% health and are still the best offensive player on the field that is special.

IHATEHIPPIES
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by IHATEHIPPIES » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:24 pm

An average college linebacker.