Time for a change

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Time for a change

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Crazy how we can all watch the same game and see completely different things. It’s not often that a defense can hold a team to 10 points and get called out for how bad they are.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:51 pm

I’m not off the Choate bandwagon yet but I’m wavering. For the first time, I feel like we are trending the wrong direction and no matter how much I’ve backed a coach I won’t follow them into accepting failure.

Choate says all the right things but we need actions and not just words.

Time for Choate to buckle down and do some self evaluation. What we are doing isn’t working so we need to mix it up.

In fairness, it’s not like UND sucks but scoring only one offensive TD sure does.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:51 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:40 pm
I would take Gregorak back....maybe even as head coach at this point. We put all our money on Ioane learning a system and clearly he didn’t. Same ****** as last time. Starting to feel like Ash all over again. Good thing we got three wins over UM, because we are going to be a bottom of the pack team for years to come.
The defense gave up 10 points and you want to fire the DC? :crazy:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:52 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:48 pm
Crazy how we can all watch the same game and see completely different things. It’s not often that a defense can hold a team to 10 points and get called out for how bad they are.
Well those people are wrong. Sure, the defense could have played better at times but they aren't remotely the reason we lost.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:53 pm

utucats wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:51 pm
I’m not off the Choate bandwagon yet but I’m wavering. For the first time, I feel like we are trending the wrong direction and no matter how much I’ve backed a coach I won’t follow them into accepting failure.

Time for Choate to buckle down and do some self evaluation. What we are doing isn’t working so we need to mix it up.

In fairness, it’s not like UND sucks but scoring only one offensive TD sure does.
Has Choate improved this team from 2014? Nope.

If your baseline is the 2015 team that got a coach fired (with good reason, I might add), yep.

We are exactly the same one and done playoff team that we were for a generation under Kramer and Ash.

But, hey, the culture sure has changed!
Last edited by onceacat on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Phat Daddy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:53 pm

A program is in trouble when the time to prepare (2) exceeds touchdowns scored (1). Micromanagement of Choate and poor QB play says 7-5 or 8-4 if we are lucky.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:54 pm

utucats wrote:

This team should never lose a game where the defense only gives up 10 points. When that happens coming off a bye week there are major problems.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:57 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:54 pm
Some of you guys are like the media and Democrats, you throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks. Maybe you are Democrats and media as you do it well.
There are some real gems on here after a tough loss but this is really a pearl of wisdom here folks. The answer to our woes as bobcats is just hiring republicans... Hahaha!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:58 pm

This team has played flat the last two games. They stopped caring. That’s on the coaching staff. All of them

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:59 pm

In fairness, this was obvious to anyone who understands football.

This has been a BAD team on the road for almost 2 solid years. Too many Cat fans have been making exususe like "Its really tough to play at 0-7 Western Illinios" and "It was super hot in Lubbock" and "Well, NDSU is really good" and "Cal Poly runs a gimmick offense".

When you have to make excuses for road games week in and week out. When you struggle winning against bad teams on the road...Wehn you don't even show up against the good teams...

It should be obvious that you are going to lose games to .500 teams almost every time.

This game is EXACTLY like every other road game that the Cats have played for the last 2 seasons (except for 1 quarter against UM)

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:59 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:58 pm
This team has played flat the last two games. They stopped caring. That’s on the coaching staff. All of them
No, this is par for the course for the last 2 seasons. They've played flat on the road for 2 years.

BobcatOninetails
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatOninetails » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:05 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:58 pm
Cmon. This is a little harsh. To think these young men don't care is a bit much, dontcha think?

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 pm

utucats wrote:

This is about where I’m at. I’ve been a huge fan of a Choate, and still support him, but clearly there are some pretty big problems and something needs to change. I still think he’s going to figure it out, but not sure if it will be in time to save this season.

GO CATS GO!!!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 pm

I don't know what is the cause but yes something needs to change. We have 1 play go the other way and we leave with a win. We should have dominated a depleted defensive front and we just looked flat on so many occasions. Seems like this team has lost all confidence the last 3 games and have been playing not to lose.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:10 pm

If you are calling out Ioane and the D you are really off your rocker. 10 points given up, 316 yards given up. Including 220 through the air to a guy averaging close to 300 a game. 4 sacks as well and another great game against the run.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:14 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:07 pm
I don't know what is the cause but yes something needs to change. We have 1 play go the other way and we leave with a win. We should have dominated a depleted defensive front and we just looked flat on so many occasions. Seems like this team has lost all confidence the last 3 games and have been playing not to lose.
In fairness, they dropped 2 pick 6es and fumbled inside the red zone. Its not like all the breaks miraculously went against the Cats.

UpperBlue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UpperBlue » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:16 pm

The issue I see with this staff, and this is probably a Choate issue, why can we not recruit a QB? Keeping an eye on the Griz today starting their backup QB, Cam Humphrey. EWU has issues this year, but 34 - 17 Griz. That does not look like a backup QB. That looks dominate. Why do the Griz have this guy as a backup QB yet we cannot recruit a solid one as a starter? what is wrong with Choate's recruiting?

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StatedImprovement » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:19 pm

These annual Bobcat mid-season Meltdown threads are always extremely entertaining

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:21 pm

1984champ wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Rovig wasn’t good but coaching was worse. The common denominator is the coaches and the offensive philosophy. Insert ________ at QB and we probably get a similar result. We will see what Choate does but we are the same type of situation as Ash/Marshal with Choate/Miller. Choate needs to focus on the D and ST and let an experienced OC run his own offense.
Lets not forget that there is no answer for the "Run it down their throats" philosophy when the OL cannot man handle tge opposing DL's, which is a rather elementary principle.

Edit: In the cases when the OL cannot manhandle the opposing DL, we need Better Than Average QB play - someone who can read more than a dumbed down "either or" progression, make every pass on the field, and lets not forget can get out of trouble or extend the play with his feet.
Last edited by codecat on Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:21 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:57 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:54 pm
Some of you guys are like the media and Democrats, you throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks. Maybe you are Democrats and media as you do it well.
There are some real gems on here after a tough loss but this is really a pearl of wisdom here folks. The answer to our woes as bobcats is just hiring republicans... Hahaha!
Someone needs a nap.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter