The Official-unofficial Cat -und gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: The Official-unofficial Cat -und gameday thread

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:52 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:50 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:47 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:43 pm
Whelp... I guess all the people saying that they just need to let Rovig take the ball got what they wanted. Oof.
Not saying he had a good game but we have 20 points if Jonsen learns how to catch a football.
I realize he dropped the long bomb, and that stinks. But Rovig's play was the #1 reason why the Cats lost today. I'm sure some posters will spin it. They always do. But there's no hiding from it this week. They gave him the reigns with very little interruption and the offense was completely inept.

If Andersen takes 40% of the snaps today, the Cats win in my opinion. I don't think that's even a stretch.
No. 1, are you kidding? Never mind all the special teams miscues that cost us points and failures to call timeouts to avoid delay penalties. A Jonsen catch, a fair catch and a timeout on the delat call before the fg...there is a 17 pt swing

JimboCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimboCat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:52 pm

If we just kick the extra point, then when we are down in our endzone punting, we can take an intentional safety, and still be up by one.

Or field the punt so it doesn't get to the 1/2 yard line.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:53 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:
Whelp... I guess all the people saying that they just need to let Rovig take the ball got what they wanted. Oof.
Not saying he had a good game but we have 20 points if Jonsen learns how to catch a football.
I realize he dropped the long bomb, and that stinks. But Rovig's play was the #1 reason why the Cats lost today. I'm sure some posters will spin it. They always do. But there's no hiding from it this week. They gave him the reigns with very little interruption and the offense was completely inept.

If Andersen takes 40% of the snaps today, the Cats win in my opinion. I don't think that's even a stretch.
So running Jonsen over and over and getting 2 yards each play didn't have anything to do with it? Or calling a deep pass literally every other play?

JimboCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimboCat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:53 pm

Should have won this game 23-10.

Dropped pass was 7.

delay cost us 3 on fg

1 for the extra point.

6 on the punt block for them

JimboCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimboCat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Just gave this game away.

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm

How bout that bobcat qb. Let’s just give up all the games. He can’t make decisions. He freaks out in pressure. And get a delay of game when we need to make a first. He doesn’t have it. Never will never has

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm

No sense of urgency at the end of the game was unbelievable. We took 2 delay of game penalties in the 4th that absolutely killed us. It’s a miracle we were in this game at all the way we played and the way our staff coached. After a loss and a bye week. This crap should have been figured out by now. Any team that wants to beat us just watch the film. We are predictable and not hard to stop.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:58 pm

You smucks giving the horrendous play by our wide receivers and oline a pass while piling on Rovig need to learn how a team sport works. Blaming Rovig is lazy and shows how limited your understanding is. Why did Kassis not field that punt at the 12? It was a stupid decision by a senior captain that put us in a horrible position and cost us a td.

Andersen can't play QB fulltime(injury) or I guarantee he is starting the entire second half.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:58 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:53 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:

So running Jonsen over and over and getting 2 yards each play didn't have anything to do with it? Or calling a deep pass literally every other play?
The box score will not open for me. How many running attempts did Jonsen have in this game versus Rovig passing attempts?

Deep passes aren't called. They are attempted. Rovig makes decisions after the ball is snapped.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:58 pm

We won't beat either UCD or UM, the way we've played the last 2.25 games (counting the 4th quarter against CP). Fortunately our other 2 games are against the 2 worst teams in the league. Rovig didn't play great today, but he was far, far from the only problem, let alone the primary reason we lost that game today.

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:45 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:42 pm
This team's offense is as bad, if not worse, than the 2015 defense was. Staff lost their jobs over that. But there zero accountability to the staff for the ****** show on display this year. This all lands squarely in one place, and it ain't Rovig.
Haha, Rovig wouldn’t start on a NAIA team
I really don't think you even watch the games
At one right now, and that’s fine keep thinking Rovig can play, I will show beach front property in Arizona. The play calling is ****** because Rovig can’t play in the big sky, plain and simple. But keep thinking he can.
Mike Vick couldn't escape the pressure our oline has given up the last two weeks. Rovig was running for his life all second half just like last week. He may not be amazing but come on let's actually watch games instead of doing the same bs uninformed knee-jerk reaction that every loss is on the QB.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

RobertoGato

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:58 pm
You smucks giving the horrendous play by our wide receivers and oline a pass while piling on Rovig need to learn how a team sport works. Blaming Rovig is lazy and shows how limited your understanding is. Why did Kassis not field that punt at the 12? It was a stupid decision by a senior captain that put us in a horrible position and cost us a td.

Andersen can't play QB fulltime(injury) or I guarantee he is starting the entire second half.
Name calling. Nice.

Rovig was not the only problem, but he was the biggest problem. I'm sorry that opinion offends you.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:00 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
This team's offense is as bad, if not worse, than the 2015 defense was. Staff lost their jobs over that. But there zero accountability to the staff for the ****** show on display this year. This all lands squarely in one place, and it ain't Rovig.
At one right now, and that’s fine keep thinking Rovig can play, I will show beach front property in Arizona. The play calling is ****** because Rovig can’t play in the big sky, plain and simple. But keep thinking he can.
Mike Vick couldn't escape the pressure our oline has given up the last two weeks. Rovig was running for his life all second half just like last week. He may not be amazing but come on let's actually watch games instead of doing the same bs uninformed knee-jerk reaction that every loss is on the QB.
You assume HOFer Hi Line is watching the details instead of just spouting off.

TJMoe82
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TJMoe82 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:01 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:51 pm
FlyCastingCat wrote:
We need to pray that one of our incoming QBs can take the reigns next year.
This.
There is no magical player coming in and fixing the problem. This is a coaching issue... poor player development. Poor player usage. Poor game planning. Poor play calling. Poor game management decisions. Coach Choate has surrounded himself with a bunch of young and aspiring assistants, when what he and the program really needed was some experience to lean on. Just my two cents.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:02 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:
I think it is safe to say that the coaching staff is on the hot seat
Haha, seriously. After improving every year? I agree this game was atrocious on a coaching level but I highly doubt they are on the hot seat.
They should be. "Improved" is not all it seems. We improved last year because of a generational athlete at QB. Full regression this year. This team is no better in performance than Choate's first or second year here.
You don't know what you're watching.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:02 pm

KittieKop wrote:
I was thinking as bad as both the 2014 and 2015 defenses were - I wonder if Choate is the new Jamie Marshal of the offense?

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:02 pm

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm
How bout that bobcat qb. Let’s just give up all the games. He can’t make decisions. He freaks out in pressure. And get a delay of game when we need to make a first. He doesn’t have it. Never will never has
The announcers said Rovig was yelling at the center to snap the ball when they got that delay of game penalty. I don't know if that's really true or not, but if so, then that obviously wasn't on Rovig.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:02 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:53 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:

The box score will not open for me. How many running attempts did Jonsen have in this game versus Rovig passing attempts?

Deep passes aren't called. They are attempted. Rovig makes decisions after the ball is snapped.
Mine won't open. I'm thinking about 10-12 for Jonsen and maybe 30 yards. With Rovig yes deep balls are called. Choate has said they coach him to go to his 1st read. If he takes a 3 step drop and throws a bomb, it was called that way.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:03 pm

John K wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:02 pm
MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm
The announcers said Rovig was yelling at the center to snap the ball when they got that delay of game penalty. I don't know if that's really true or not, but if so, then that obviously wasn't on Rovig.
He started yelling with 4 seconds on the play clock.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:03 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Running into pressure after 4 seconds in the pocket is strictly the fault of the QB. OL can't block for forever.