Ifanse concern?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Ifanse concern?

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:27 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:59 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Good stuff girls. I said TA had taken more snaps than Rovig IN THAT GAME. Ilovethecats loves twisting stuff by pointing to the entire season. Here is my exact quote, keep in mind this is from the Sac St game thread (a single game):

“I think TA has officially taken more snaps than Rovig has. Ilovethecats, you owe me an apology. You gave me a ton of ****** saying that would never ever happen”

At the time I made the statement, Rovig had only taken 2 more snaps than TA at that point. It was Rovig with 11, Jonsen with 10 and TA with 9. So TA and Jonsen at that moment had twice the snaps as your QB1. This is something that ilovethecats said would never happen. Coaches tried to use TA and Jonsen more than Rovig until they desperately needed to throw after getting down 3 scores.
Why would anyone take take to mean you were talking about just one game? Your initial statement, and the entire discussion, has always been about the season, so no one is going to think you’re talking about just that game unless you state that’s what you mean, which you didn’t do. Iltc didn’t twist anything. You’re just stepping outside the bounds of the discussion without prefacing your remarks. You’re an utter failure at debate.
Hmmm maybe because it was in the game thread for The Sac St game and then generated further discussion in the topic in that same thread. Not surprised how slow you are on this uptake though. Life is hard.
Yeah, I get that you posted that in the SAC thread. BFD. The ongoing discussion has been carried on in several threads and has always been about the season. Regardless, Andersen didn’t take more snaps than Rovig vs SAC anyway. And quit calling people girls and saying I’m slow, etc. Grow up. If anything you’re the one exhibiting a low IQ.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 am

Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Good stuff girls. I said TA had taken more snaps than Rovig IN THAT GAME. Ilovethecats loves twisting stuff by pointing to the entire season. Here is my exact quote, keep in mind this is from the Sac St game thread (a single game):

“I think TA has officially taken more snaps than Rovig has. Ilovethecats, you owe me an apology. You gave me a ton of ****** saying that would never ever happen”

At the time I made the statement, Rovig had only taken 2 more snaps than TA at that point. It was Rovig with 11, Jonsen with 10 and TA with 9. So TA and Jonsen at that moment had twice the snaps as your QB1. This is something that ilovethecats said would never happen. Coaches tried to use TA and Jonsen more than Rovig until they desperately needed to throw after getting down 3 scores.
Why would anyone take take to mean you were talking about just one game? Your initial statement, and the entire discussion, has always been about the season, so no one is going to think you’re talking about just that game unless you state that’s what you mean, which you didn’t do. Iltc didn’t twist anything. You’re just stepping outside the bounds of the discussion without prefacing your remarks. You’re an utter failure at debate.
Hmmm maybe because it was in the game thread for The Sac St game and then generated further discussion in the topic in that same thread. Not surprised how slow you are on this uptake though. Life is hard.
But... you were still wrong. You said so yourself. TA had NOT taken more snaps than Rovig at that point of the game.

Seriously dude, give it up. :roll: ](*,)

GO CATS GO!!!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 am

I think the biggest place Ifanse was missed Saturday was in protection. Jones too. Sumner runs well but isn't as experienced in picking up blitzes. That made a huge difference in the game. I believe the offense would have operated better in the middle of the game when it got stagnant if we had an experienced RB in the game. Rovig would have been better, even if there wasn't an RB in there making big runs. I'm in the camp that thinks Rovig played decent, and if he had gotten slightly better protection from the RB position he would have had very good numbers...partly because the coaches would've used him more.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:58 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:27 am
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Yeah, I get that you posted that in the SAC thread. BFD. The ongoing discussion has been carried on in several threads and has always been about the season. Regardless, Andersen didn’t take more snaps than Rovig vs SAC anyway. And quit calling people girls and saying I’m slow, etc. Grow up. If anything you’re the one exhibiting a low IQ.
Glad I triggered you. Glad you comment on every single post I make. Living rent free in your head now. Go ahead, comment, you know you want to.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:00 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:04 am
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

But... you were still wrong. You said so yourself. TA had NOT taken more snaps than Rovig at that point of the game.

Correct I pointed that out. But at that point your LB and WR had taken twice as many snaps as your QB1. That is something ilovethecats and others said would never happen. Would have remained that way too if the Cats didn’t go down 3 scores and have to pass since Sac completely eliminated the run game in the 2nd half (14 runs for 15 yards).

Convince me and others I’m wrong. I’ll wait.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:00 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Correct I pointed that out. But at that point your LB and WR had taken twice as many snaps as your QB1. That is something ilovethecats and others said would never happen. Would have remained that way too if the Cats didn’t go down 3 scores and have to pass since Sac completely eliminated the run game in the 2nd half (14 runs for 15 yards).

There was never a point in the SAC game that any combination of MSU players had taken twice as many snaps as Rovig. Never happened.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

What a funny thread. All I have ever said about the QB position is that TA would never be our starter and that he would never have more snaps at that position this season. I maintain that.

At no time was I ever talking about a per-game basis...but even then, I'd still agree that TA won't have more snaps than Rovig in a game unless Rovig goes down. I would never say that because I'm a guy that thinks Andersen will get some touches. So if we start a game and Rovig takes a couple snaps then we run the ball with Andersen a few times Andersen would have more snaps. It's clear that was never the discussion but oh well.

Fast forward to Saturday. I'm told that Andersen ALMOST had as many snaps as Rovig at some point. So I still wasn't wrong.

So you're guessing that if we weren't down so much we definitely would have used TA more than Rovig (even though we didn't the first 6 games). There were no stipulations whatsoever for my reasons why TA won't get more snaps than Rovig. That is a weird thing to say. First, you can't base that on anything besides a guess. Second, it doesn't matter anyway. Even if you're right on that, I'm still right because that situation is the EXACT reason I know we're trying to get away from Andersen at that position.

Why we're still beating this drum I have no idea. He wasn't our qb after three games. He wasn't after five games. He wasn't after 7 games. And he won't be after 12 games. Though I see no reason not to give him more opportunities against the griz as they've showed their incapable of stopping him. But he won't be our starter that game either.

He's never had more snaps at qb than our qb….and he won't have more snaps at qb than our qb. No matter how much some griz fan wants that to be the case. For whatever reason I have no idea. :?

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

There is no convincing you because your mind is clearly made up, you are a legend in your own mind and apparently can never be wrong - facts be damned. I think others on this thread have made it clear that you were, are, and continue to be wrong on this point, but for some reason you have a weird fascination with hanging out on a Bobcat board and mucking up several different threads with your drivel. Oh well.

For the record, TA and Jonsen wouldn't have been used quite as much as they were had we not had our top 3 or 4 RB's out with injuries. We still wanted to run the ball and those guys were all that was left. I think if fully healthy, you would see the direct QB wildcat stuff called about 75% less often. Rovig will still take the majority of the snaps, though.

GO CATS GO!!!

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:46 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 am
I think the biggest place Ifanse was missed Saturday was in protection. Jones too. Sumner runs well but isn't as experienced in picking up blitzes. That made a huge difference in the game. I believe the offense would have operated better in the middle of the game when it got stagnant if we had an experienced RB in the game. Rovig would have been better, even if there wasn't an RB in there making big runs. I'm in the camp that thinks Rovig played decent, and if he had gotten slightly better protection from the RB position he would have had very good numbers...partly because the coaches would've used him more.
Good observation , we have a very good blocking back on blitzes, that isn't seeing time at the position, and was a punishing RB
in High School # 42 RJ .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StatedImprovement » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:07 pm

When a starting Qb takes less than 50% of the snaps in a game the teams losing
It's visually obvious that there is a huge quarterback Issue

Steve Steverson
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Steve Steverson » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:56 pm

So does anyone really know what is wrong with Ifanse?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 pm

Steve Steverson wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:56 pm
Yes he had a sprained pcl vs semo. Tweaked it vs Poly. This bye is a god send for him.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 pm

You know, my message board experience has gotten better the more I use the "add foe" option for the people who just like nothing better than to argue for the sake of arguing. Some Cat posters, some griz posters. Interact with the stuff and people worth your time.

"Some people just want to watch the world burn." Good description of a message board.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:00 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 pm
You know, my message board experience has gotten better the more I use the "add foe" option for the people who just like nothing better than to argue for the sake of arguing. Some Cat posters, some griz posters. Interact with the stuff and people worth your time.

"Some people just want to watch the world burn." Good description of a message board.
I need to do that. I just stay off the board at times because of the incessant arguing by a handful of people. Makes it such a pain to even come on here sometimes.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:52 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:00 pm
KittieKop wrote:

I need to do that. I just stay off the board at times because of the incessant arguing by a handful of people. Makes it such a pain to even come on here sometimes.
I am with you, maybe we can get the moderators to design a fun little emoji that can be pressed and it instantly hides all posts by that person for 30 days ...kind of like Facebook.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:32 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 pm
Steve Steverson wrote:
Yes he had a sprained pcl vs semo. Tweaked it vs Poly. This bye is a god send for him.
You just have to hope that the bye is enough time to get him and Andersen back to full speed. I think Patterson might be back by UND. If he broke his collarbone vs SEMO, it will be seven weeks by UND. Typically 4-8 weeks to heal.

Filer now has a game under his belt after knocking off the rust vs SAC.

I can’t recall Okada’s injury. Has he been practicing?

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:03 am

superbobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:52 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:00 pm
KittieKop wrote:

I am with you, maybe we can get the moderators to design a fun little emoji that can be pressed and it instantly hides all posts by that person for 30 days ...kind of like Facebook.
We need a snooze button! :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 pm
Steve Steverson wrote:

He is the top running back in the Big Sky. They should let him heal for late in the season.

He was hobbling as he came off after his one run versus Sac State. I'm afraid the coaches are too anxious to get him in. They are re-injuring him to the point he'll never be healthy this season. It's a damn shame.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:36 pm

NorthernPlains wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 pm

He was hobbling as he came off after his one run versus Sac State. I'm afraid the coaches are too anxious to get him in. They are re-injuring him to the point he'll never be healthy this season. It's a damn shame.
That's a VERY bold statement to make. I assume in order to say such a thing you must have some first hand info on the injury and exactly how it's progressing?

Otherwise you're really suggesting that our coaches and ENTIRE staff of trainers and doctors are either not smart enough to know the extent of the injury such as yourself? Or even worse you're suggesting they know the severity of it and just don't care?

Either way these are pretty stiff accusations against this staff and even Infanse himself. Not giving much credit to anyone and making pretty disparaging remarks. [-X

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StatedImprovement » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:59 pm

browbeating is by far the most popular option available when attempting to debunk the visually obvious