Sterk's Draft Prospects

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Sterk's Draft Prospects

Post by Cledus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:26 am

So far he's projected to go in the sixth round. You've got believe he still has upside and can get taken in a lower round if he's able to continue his reign of terror.

Big Sky, Missouri Valley highlight 2020 FCS draft list

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Sterk's Draft Prospects

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:35 am

Smartest thing he did was transfer to MSU and showcase his abilities. Crazy to think a guy with his talent may not have seen the field at Washington.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:35 am
Smartest thing he did was transfer to MSU and showcase his abilities. Crazy to think a guy with his talent may not have seen the field at Washington.
Probably very true. An incredible athletic career at Lynden, WA high school and heavily recurited. Signing with the Huskies likely a very proud day. Redshirted then played on special teams as a redshirt freshman. In the mean time UW had recruited two five star Rivals from California who were now redshirted behind him. Suddenly, in his sophomore season he is third on the depth chart behind a couple of redshirt freshman, and in the meantime UW had brought in another super freshman who played his position. Stuff happens. He saw the writting....stay around and be a special team ace for a couple more years or go to Montana State and get a mention as a possible 6th round NFL draft choice. Who wouldn't do that?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:12 pm

The Transfer Portal is quite possibly the third best thing for NCAA athletes in the last decade behind Full Cost of Attendance and Stipends, in my estimation--even though young Mr. Sterk simply transferred. One hopes he continues to impress those at the next level.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:05 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:35 am
Probably very true. An incredible athletic career at Lynden, WA high school and heavily recurited. Signing with the Huskies likely a very proud day. Redshirted then played on special teams as a redshirt freshman. In the mean time UW had recruited two five star Rivals from California who were now redshirted behind him. Suddenly, in his sophomore season he is third on the depth chart behind a couple of redshirt freshman, and in the meantime UW had brought in another super freshman who played his position. Stuff happens. He saw the writting....stay around and be a special team ace for a couple more years or go to Montana State and get a mention as a possible 6th round NFL draft choice. Who wouldn't do that?
I can think of someone, I'm sure that if you really commit to it U TU can think of someone. :-^

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:23 pm

I think a remarkable detail is that Sterk mentioned contacting EWU about transferring there and was told there wasn’t a position or scholly available for him. He was then contacted by MSU. What a stroke of luck for MSU.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Kind of like the Georgia qb that transferred. sat behind Fromme. Tearing it up.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:42 pm

lutecat wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:34 pm
Or Jalen Hurts transferring from Alabama to Oklahoma after Tua beat him out. Now Hurts is a Heisman candidate.

But but he committed to Bama! He should be riding the bench there even though Sabam oversigns and pulls scholarships!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:00 am

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:53 am

PapaG wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:42 pm
lutecat wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:34 pm
Or Jalen Hurts transferring from Alabama to Oklahoma after Tua beat him out. Now Hurts is a Heisman candidate.

But but he committed to Bama! He should be riding the bench there even though Sabam oversigns and pulls scholarships!
Yep-Heisman candidate & likely first round draft talent should have followed through on his commitment and rode the pine. Freaking quitter.

First round draft picks make 3-4 million per year more than a 3rd round pick. Hurts’ transfer to OU is probably going to earn him an extra $10-15 million over his rookie contract...but yeah, that’s a young man who will probably regret his life choices and lack of commitment :roll: :roll:

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Plays in the Shrine Bowl on Saturday with defensive teammates Dante Olson (um) and Derek Tuszka(sp?)(Ndsu).
Looks like he’s wearing number 97 for the west.

https://www.shrinegame.com/west-roster

Saturday at 1 o’clock Mountain time on the NFL network.

Be interesting to hear what his draft possibilities are on Saturday

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 5106f.html

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm

kwcat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:57 pm
Plays in the Shrine Bowl on Saturday with defensive teammates Dante Olson (um) and Derek Tuszka(sp?)(Ndsu).
Looks like he’s wearing number 97 for the west.

https://www.shrinegame.com/west-roster

Saturday at 1 o’clock Mountain time on the NFL network.

Be interesting to hear what his draft possibilities are on Saturday

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 5106f.html
I was interested to find he was listed as a DT not a DE for that game. I wonder if he is a bit of a tweener for the NFL.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeah, Sterk being listed as a DT seems like a misprint. He is lighter than the other 6 DTs by a margin of 45 -76 pounds. Yet when compared to the 3 DEs he is only 2- 11 pounds heavier. I guess they can call him what they want, I just hope they use him in a way that showcases his abilities in the best way.
Good luck Mr. Sterk.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm
I was interested to find he was listed as a DT not a DE for that game. I wonder if he is a bit of a tweener for the NFL.
He's very much not a tweener. He's basically average size for 4-3 DEs. Much lighter than DTs and also taller than ideal (unless the 6'3" listing on the west roster is accurate). On the Players page at shrinebowl.com he's listed at DE, and the roster on ourlads is also listing him at DE.

Also, the west roster has about 3 guys listed at DE and like a dozen listed at DT. So I don't think that's accurate.

Taking a look at the East roster, Garrett Marino will also be playing.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:42 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm
technoCat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm
He's very much not a tweener. He's basically average size for 4-3 DEs. Much lighter than DTs and also taller than ideal (unless the 6'3" listing on the west roster is accurate). On the Players page at shrinebowl.com he's listed at DE, and the roster on ourlads is also listing him at DE.

Also, the west roster has about 3 guys listed at DE and like a dozen listed at DT. So I don't think that's accurate.

Taking a look at the East roster, Garrett Marino will also be playing.
I watch the ball game that Garret played in. He flipped out in the middle of that and the announcers had some comments as well. Don’t want to hijack this thread though

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Thanks for posting enjoyed the listen.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 pm

kwcat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Thanks for posting enjoyed the listen.

That’s awesome.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Back Row (Left to Right): Coach Mac Brown (Jets), John Penisini (Utah), Bryce Sterk (Montana State), Coach Blake Williams (Jets), Raequan Williams (Michican State), Derrek Tuszka (North Dakota State)
Front Row (Left to Right): Ladarius Hamilton (North Texas), Carlos Davis (Nebraska), Khalil Davis (Nebraska), Dele Harding (Illinois), Chris Williams (Wagner)
On the Ground: Bravvion Roy (Baylor)
Last edited by VimSince03 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm

Dude on the far right looks like an absolute monster.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!