STERK!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: STERK!

Post by kwcat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Individual Sacks, Season
1. 23 Mark Fellows, 1984
2. 19 Neal Smith, 1997
3. 17 Corey Widmer, 1990
4. 14 Brad Daly, 2013
4. 14 Jason Hicks, 1993
6. 12.5 Caleb Schreibeis, 2012
6. 12.5 Brad Daly, 2011
8. 11.5 Adam Cordeiro, 2001
9. 10 Tex Sikora, 1985
10. 9.5 Jon Montoya, 2002
Bryce Sterk- 8.5



User avatar
seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: STERK!

Post by seataccat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:32 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:28 pm
Cledus wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:52 pm
I’m calling it right now: Stark has more > 25 sacks on the year and at a minimum is a Buck finalist.
The best pass rushers in the history of the conference that I have witnessed have been Chris Gocong, Jared Allen, and Mark Fellows and I don't think any of them had 25.
You are probably right. I was in a pretty good mood after the game. But I stand by my prediction that he'll be a Buck finalist.

Didn't Mark Fellows have something like 24 in 1984?
I cannot remember how many sacks fellows had in 84 but it was a gaudy number for sure.
If Sterk does indeed make 25 sacks and doesn't win the buck that would be a real shame.
Mark Fellows was the best player I have ever seen. If we are mentioning Sterk with him he really is an incredible player. I hope you're right, it sure seems like Sterk has been snubbed so far but with the numbers he's putting up he's going to have to be considered for national kudos. I doubt he will be overlooked by the NFL scouts.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2352
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: STERK!

Post by AFCAT » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:56 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm
Individual Sacks, Season
1. 23 Mark Fellows, 1984
2. 19 Neal Smith, 1997
3. 17 Corey Widmer, 1990
4. 14 Brad Daly, 2013
4. 14 Jason Hicks, 1993
6. 12.5 Caleb Schreibeis, 2012
6. 12.5 Brad Daly, 2011
8. 11.5 Adam Cordeiro, 2001
9. 10 Tex Sikora, 1985
10. 9.5 Jon Montoya, 2002
Bryce Sterk- 8.5

I don’t believe that Fellows total includes the playoffs. I have read his season total was between 29 and 30. He had five sacks in the Championship game alone.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7331
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: 2300 meters up in Ethiopia!

Re: STERK!

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:54 am




User avatar
technoCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: STERK!

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:14 am

"The Union" - I like it.

So I've been curious, does Sterk just wear that brace as a precaution or is he dealing with an injury?


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7665
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: STERK!

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:33 am

technoCat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:14 am
"The Union" - I like it.

So I've been curious, does Sterk just wear that brace as a precaution or is he dealing with an injury?
He wore that club thing last year.


Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

User avatar
technoCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: STERK!

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:33 am
technoCat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:14 am
"The Union" - I like it.

So I've been curious, does Sterk just wear that brace as a precaution or is he dealing with an injury?
He wore that club thing last year.
But not until later in the season so I assumed it was for a strained biceps or something. I wonder if he has a problem with hyper-extending that arm.


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7995
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: STERK!

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:53 am

technoCat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 am
allcat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:33 am
technoCat wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:14 am
"The Union" - I like it.

So I've been curious, does Sterk just wear that brace as a precaution or is he dealing with an injury?
He wore that club thing last year.
But not until later in the season so I assumed it was for a strained biceps or something. I wonder if he has a problem with hyper-extending that arm.
probably preventative at this point, he seems to be used to it and doesn't bother his play.


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Prodigal Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 am

Re: STERK!

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:24 pm

[url <a href=" 7, 2019</a></blockquote>][/url]

Maybe this should get its own thread but I thought it fit here. Now we have a Buck Buchanon and a Walter Peyton listee!!! =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^



thefrank1
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: STERK!

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:59 pm

What took them so long. Congrats Bryce on this accomplishment.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: STERK!

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Anyone know what's going on with Sterk? Only 1 sack in the past 4 games. Is he injured? Or just getting double teamed way more?


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4573
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: STERK!

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:24 pm
[url <a href=" 7, 2019</a></blockquote>][/url]

Maybe this should get its own thread but I thought it fit here. Now we have a Buck Buchanon and a Walter Peyton listee!!! =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^
Walter Payton, not Peyton, that’s Manning. Buck Buchanan with an a not an o.



BleedingBLue
Member # Retired
Posts: 2580
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: STERK!

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:16 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:15 pm
Anyone know what's going on with Sterk? Only 1 sack in the past 4 games. Is he injured? Or just getting double teamed way more?
I watched for this specifically against SUU and he is seeing double teams A TON! Not just the Tackle and a RB either. He is getting the Tackle and Guard on him plenty. The rest of the line is benefiting from this though. Even though he isn't getting the numbers, he is helping everyone else get good matchups and get their numbers.



Prodigal Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 am

Re: STERK!

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:21 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:17 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:24 pm
[url <a href=" 7, 2019</a></blockquote>][/url]

Maybe this should get its own thread but I thought it fit here. Now we have a Buck Buchanon and a Walter Peyton listee!!! =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^
Walter Payton, not Peyton, that’s Manning. Buck Buchanan with an a not an o.
There's always one.... :x Ha truth is I'm usually that guy and worse is I know it's with an a. Didn't proof read I guess. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)



blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: STERK!

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:25 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:16 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:15 pm
Anyone know what's going on with Sterk? Only 1 sack in the past 4 games. Is he injured? Or just getting double teamed way more?
I watched for this specifically against SUU and he is seeing double teams A TON! Not just the Tackle and a RB either. He is getting the Tackle and Guard on him plenty. The rest of the line is benefiting from this though. Even though he isn't getting the numbers, he is helping everyone else get good matchups and get their numbers.
I didn't get to watch the game but I did get to see a highlight of an Amandre Williams sack and that matches up what I saw. Sterk was giving two lineman hell but he just couldn't get through them. Like you said though, that meant others had a 1 on 1 matchup to exploit and Williams made it happen. Thanks!


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: STERK!

Post by superbobcat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm

I believe that Sterk started so hot and now he is seeing a lot of blocking attention. It happens all the time, offensive coaches scheme ways to run away from or eliminate the talented player forcing someone else to step up. I believe if Troy can continue to be disruptive Sterk will finish these next three games in strong fashion.



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4212
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: STERK!

Post by Cledus » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:09 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm
I believe that Sterk started so hot and now he is seeing a lot of blocking attention. It happens all the time, offensive coaches scheme ways to run away from or eliminate the talented player forcing someone else to step up. I believe if Troy can continue to be disruptive Sterk will finish these next three games in strong fashion.
That, and for the prior few games it seemed like we stopped going after their QB.



FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: STERK!

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Cledus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:09 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm
I believe that Sterk started so hot and now he is seeing a lot of blocking attention. It happens all the time, offensive coaches scheme ways to run away from or eliminate the talented player forcing someone else to step up. I believe if Troy can continue to be disruptive Sterk will finish these next three games in strong fashion.
That, and for the prior few games it seemed like we stopped going after their QB.
Huge difference between then UND and the SUU game. UND we didn't play very aggressive, against SUU almost the complete opposite. Rather play aggressive and take a chance of giving up a couple big plays vs the laided back let them come to you.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5801
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: STERK!

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Cledus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:09 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm
I believe that Sterk started so hot and now he is seeing a lot of blocking attention. It happens all the time, offensive coaches scheme ways to run away from or eliminate the talented player forcing someone else to step up. I believe if Troy can continue to be disruptive Sterk will finish these next three games in strong fashion.
That, and for the prior few games it seemed like we stopped going after their QB.
Thompson was getting the ball out so fast for CSUS that the MSU DL couldn't get there. Don't think he was even hurried much...


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
catgrad05
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1725
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am
Location: North Central Montna

Re: STERK!

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 pm

The other part of not going after the opposing QB is game flow. We got up big in a hurry against SUU. Most teams will then start to pass more. As they panic you can get kore pressure on the QB and hence more sacks. Closer games you have to respect a balanced attack and can’t pin your ears back



Post Reply