TV for Western Illinois

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3507
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I have it but I can't get it to stream for more than 5 seconds without it spooling. Total crap.


Image

User avatar
Pecos24
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:05 pm
Location: East Helena, MT

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by Pecos24 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Finally got it at the end of the 3rd, just after I got off the phone with ESPN + to ask for my money back.


Bill Zander
CS '93

User avatar
Blixtonz
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by Blixtonz » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Yep, the quality isn't great. At least it's working now.



User avatar
The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Butte

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by The Big Meowski » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:00 pm

That poor kid filming with his iPhone 4. His arms must have been tired by the end of the game.


Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by KittieKop » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 pm

If anyone is expecting to go to ESPN + for the replay, save your time. Like you suspected, the replay picks up at about 10:00 in the third quarter right before Bailey's field goal to make it 10-7 MSU. So everyone will have to use their imaginations to cover the first half.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6952
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Anybody still wanna bad mouth Pluto tv???

What a complete sh!@ show.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by codecat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Anybody still wanna bad mouth Pluto tv???

What a complete sh!@ show.
Like someone else above said, ESPN+ might just pick up the local feed, which is what Pluto does. If that is the case, then the real problem lies with the conference and not having minimum standards to meet a certain level of quality in the production. (i.e. MSU often picks up the SWX feed which is quite professional compared to some of the backyard productions in our converence.)


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6952
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:53 pm

codecat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Anybody still wanna bad mouth Pluto tv???

What a complete sh!@ show.
Like someone else above said, ESPN+ might just pick up the local feed, which is what Pluto does. If that is the case, then the real problem lies with the conference and not having minimum standards to meet a certain level of quality in the production. (i.e. MSU often picks up the SWX feed which is quite professional compared to some of the backyard productions in our converence.)
True, I guess I can't say for certain whose fault it was. All I know is the game didn't start broadcasting until half way thru the 3rd quarter, so... sh!@ show.

ESPN is the one charging money for the game, correct?


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by codecat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:53 pm
codecat wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 pm
Anybody still wanna bad mouth Pluto tv???

What a complete sh!@ show.
Like someone else above said, ESPN+ might just pick up the local feed, which is what Pluto does. If that is the case, then the real problem lies with the conference and not having minimum standards to meet a certain level of quality in the production. (i.e. MSU often picks up the SWX feed which is quite professional compared to some of the backyard productions in our converence.)
True, I guess I can't say for certain whose fault it was. All I know is the game didn't start broadcasting until half way thru the 3rd quarter, so... sh!@ show.

ESPN is the one charging money for the game, correct?
Totally agree - I had 5 bucks on that monkey in that circus too. I was merely commenting on how the feeds are similar to Pluto where the Big Sky chiefs have not set mimimum standards for a broadcast. Evidently neither has ESPN+, where they bear the responsibility here simply because they are charging for the stream.


Socialism - the financial model historically used to control the masses! It has noting to do with
freedom, and seriously erodes the primary constitutional freedom of free enterprise.

User avatar
CatFanatic
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by CatFanatic » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:31 am

How can I watch the replay on ESPN+? I’m searching but I don’t see it.


Guck the Frizz

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6952
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:36 am

CatFanatic wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:31 am
How can I watch the replay on ESPN+? I’m searching but I don’t see it.
It's in there, search for Western ill. But it only has the last quarter and a half. The first half apparently didn't get recorded.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
CatFanatic
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by CatFanatic » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:39 am

Found it. Thanks 91!


Guck the Frizz

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1694
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:44 pm

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by kcatz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:49 am

Requested a refund before it showed up in 3rd quarter.

Just received an email that I would receive a refund in 5-10 business days.

I emailed request to the address in this thread.



Long Time Cat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 am
Location: North Idaho

Re: TV for Western Illinois

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm

So this week Western Illinois University is bumped up from ESPN+ to ESPN3 and the audio and video is still pretty crappy. They have the same crummy announcers, the audio had a lot of static and now it’s completely gone. If I was ESPN I might refuse to put my name on these broadcasts until they stepped it up a little bit in Macomb.


"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Post Reply