MSU vs WIU predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSU vs WIU predictions

Post by Team10 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:32 am

Last's years game was a battle, but the Cats wore them down in the second half and came out on top. Not sure how much of the team has changed from last year, but there are some thing the team can count on and that is that they will be ready to play at home after starting 0-2. They lost the first game of the year to a team the dark pink just put an ass whooping to. Sure hope the Cats don't over look this game. It appears they still have the same QB who was dangerous at times, but I bet he starts having nightmares/flashback of what the defense did to him last year in the second half. All-in-all I'm going with the Cats again in this one. Defense is gonna be too much to handle and mix in an offense that can throw the ball a bit more than last year Cats score in other ways than running it down there throats. However, there will still be a heavy dose of that as well.

Montana State Bobcats - 40
WIU Leatherneck? - 23

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs WIU predictions

Post by The Big Meowski » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 am

Team10 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:32 am
Last's years game was a battle, but the Cats wore them down in the second half and came out on top. Not sure how much of the team has changed from last year, but there are some thing the team can count on and that is that they will be ready to play at home after starting 0-2. They lost the first game of the year to a team the dark pink just put an ass whooping to. Sure hope the Cats don't over look this game. It appears they still have the same QB who was dangerous at times, but I bet he starts having nightmares/flashback of what the defense did to him last year in the second half. All-in-all I'm going with the Cats again in this one. Defense is gonna be too much to handle and mix in an offense that can throw the ball a bit more than last year Cats score in other ways than running it down there throats. However, there will still be a heavy dose of that as well.

WIU Leatherneck? - 23
I thought I read that their qb was a senior last year and is done?

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:45 am

McGuire isn't on their roster as far as I can see. Connor Sampson has all their passing stats. I think we will take care of business but you never know after a big win on the road. Hopefully II is back and ready to roll.

35-14 Cats
Last edited by technoCat on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:45 am

Team10 wrote:

WIU Leatherneck? - 23
Sean McGuire graduated last year so new QB this year. They also graduated RB Steve McShane and DT Khalen Saunders who were all problems for us last year. They are not nearly as talented this year.

MSU - 45
WIU - 10

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:49 am

MSU 32
WIU 28

But WIU is at home and itching for a W. So this team can not be overlooked.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am

I believe our Bobcats are pretty dialed in on the importance of each win. Like many of us this team and staff feels there is something special about this year. I think WIU is down on talent considerably after reading a few articles. Coach Choate isn't the run up until they say uncle kind of guy. We play a lot of kids. CB throws for three touchdowns and has his first of many 300 yard games 1 to Steel, 1 to Jonsen, and 1 to RJ, he deserves some love! I don't think we see Infanse a ton or if at all and I believe Troy will get a bit of a break compared to last week. He runs for 103 yards and a touchdown. Sterk continues to raise all kinds of hell with the opposing offense and he and Marks will sack the QB for a safety. Defense gets two interceptions (Gibson and Konkol) and Logan Jones rushes for 101 yards and a KR TD. Baily hits two nice FGS. CATS make another statement and climb into the top 8 in rankings after this game. MSU 43- wiu 13.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 am

I don't see the overlook here, Norfolk would be my worry. We are going to the game, so I predict Cats 42. WIU 24.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 am

MSU 38
WIU 17

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am

their QB is a Jr, he will be making his 3rd start and first start at home, they have a good receiver and at least 1 good back, I am not sure of the experience on the OL but I was not impresses watching the UNA game. I think our front 7 will give them problems all day. Their QB isn't bad but he wont have much time.

On offense the Cats will run, run and run again, we will connect on a few deep passes but this will be a big day for Ifanse (if he plays) and Logan.

The biggest problem will be creating our own energy, I remember watching the um game last year it was a HS atmosphere. The Cats will need to focus on what we are doing and they come home with a W

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:24 am

Team10 wrote:

WIU Leatherneck? - 13

My mistake on the QB...I thought I had 2018 stats pulled up and was 2019. I thought the QB was a senior last year, but went against my better judgement. That being said I changed my prediction.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 am

We're gonna roll.

Vim stole my prediction, that jerk, so I'll go 47-13.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:32 am

WIU won't score till trash time. Cats 49-7

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:34 am

I think the #WinBig thing continues in this game. I see the defense doing what they did this past weekend again this Saturday. But no TDs allowed.

Cats - 45
WIU - 6

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:36 am

MSU: 34
WIU: 3

bpcats20

Post by bpcats20 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 am

I believe we will win by 10. WIU will be fight for their playoff lives. Our biggest obstacle will be injuries that are piling up on our star players. We have depth but we are better with our stars. Munchie and Okada bring much needed experience. Infanse injury will bear watching.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 am

Steve McShane was big time last year. I assume he was a senior last year. Without him, I really like our chances.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 am

WIU loses 8 of their 9 all-conference selections from last year and have pieced things together with some transfers. They were picked 8th out of 10 in the preseason MVFC poll. They are better than their record indicates so far but they are susceptible to the big pass play, and their run defense isn't atrocious but they haven't faced anything like what we'll bring, Ifanse healthy or not.

That being said, we've played in two big time environments to start the season and we'll now be playing in front of maybe 5k fans. That will be the biggest factor IMO.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 am

Cats 45-10

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:22 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 am
WIU loses 8 of their 9 all-conference selections from last year and have pieced things together with some transfers. They were picked 8th out of 10 in the preseason MVFC poll. They are better than their record indicates so far but they are susceptible to the big pass play, and their run defense isn't atrocious but they haven't faced anything like what we'll bring, Ifanse healthy or not.

That being said, we've played in two big time environments to start the season and we'll now be playing in front of maybe 5k fans. That will be the biggest factor IMO.
Agreed.....I think Choate refers to these games as BYOE (Bring your own energy) games, as the stadium is empty and there is zero crowd energy to feed off of.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:32 am

MSU: 43
WIU: 13

Great time to be a BOBCAT!