Unsung Heroes

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Unsung Heroes

Post by technoCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:41 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am
Who did you see step up? The obvious ones get their recognition and it is deserved, but who quietly showed up to play?

1. Snell- blocked well

2. Krone cowboyed up.

3. Derek Marks plays big for a small DT.

4. Hosey can play!
If we're naming 4, I pick (going from left to right)

1. Zach Redd

2. Denver Krone

3. Lewis Kidd

4. Connor Wood

The running game was effective no matter who was out there. So either the Bobcats have 8 playmakers who can run or they have 5 linemen doing their jobs.

Nothing against Mitch Brott but he's the one who has gotten recognition in the conference and nationally which makes him less unsung than the others. Plus he had the big penalty.
Don't forget Taylor. He played a lot in the second half and I saw lots of pancake blocks. Being able to have him as the 6th guy is quite a luxury!

Does anyone know what happened to TJ Session?

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:52 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:41 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 am
Who did you see step up? The obvious ones get their recognition and it is deserved, but who quietly showed up to play?

1. Snell- blocked well

2. Krone cowboyed up.

3. Derek Marks plays big for a small DT.

4. Hosey can play!
If we're naming 4, I pick (going from left to right)

1. Zach Redd

2. Denver Krone

3. Lewis Kidd

4. Connor Wood

The running game was effective no matter who was out there. So either the Bobcats have 8 playmakers who can run or they have 5 linemen doing their jobs.

Nothing against Mitch Brott but he's the one who has gotten recognition in the conference and nationally which makes him less unsung than the others. Plus he had the big penalty.
Don't forget Taylor. He played a lot in the second half and I saw lots of pancake blocks. Being able to have him as the 6th guy is quite a luxury!

Does anyone know what happened to TJ Session?
TJ injured his knee and had surgery. He is going to be a good one!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:30 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:28 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:55 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.
I just want to know why Beltran hasn't moved to running back?
Because while he might have mobility for a QB, he doesn't seem to be mobile enough to be a RB. And he's about 180, which ain't big.

Are you related?
Heck 99 - Maybe you could enlighten us all with your Grudenesque knowledge? You seem to know ore than everyone else. Not sure why this guy can’t like Beltran.
Never said he couldn't! I like Beltran, I just like Bauman better. He just brings him up in most posts, was just curious if he was related.

Sorry if that was offensive, didn't mean it that way.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:04 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am
Bet on QBs for the season.
Well those who line up in the spot
Andersen, bauman, jonsen, rovig, khasis, ifanse, martin, Jones, and I am missing someone.
You left out Beltran. Would love to see him at least get a chance. The kid is a gamer.
I have a question, and mean no offense by it.

Are you related to Beltran? You bring him up often.

He seems like he's a fine player, but the unfortunate truth is that the current starting QB is in the same class as Beltran. Unlikely he ever starts here, unless there's an injury. Seems like he could be a very good backup by the time he's a JR though.
Not related at all. I just know what he accomplished in AZ. Played at a top high school. Won a State championship. He makes things happen. Doesn’t have the physical presence of CB but not many guys do. Fundamentally he is a lot more advanced.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:58 am

Another post in a different thread about Sterk drawing double teams going forward made me realize Benson absolutely belongs in this discussion. He drew a double on nearly every play and didn't budge. That's a big reason our other guys were so effective.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:58 am
Another post in a different thread about Sterk drawing double teams going forward made me realize Benson absolutely belongs in this discussion. He drew a double on nearly every play and didn't budge. That's a big reason our other guys were so effective.
Good point.
Also, the pressure he applied up the middle on passing downs. He didn't sack the QB, but his bull rush pushed the G or C back into the face of the QB many times. That forces the QB out of his comfort zone.
I'm with you and nominate Benson.

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 pm
Considering this would be a good weekly post, especially after wins, let’s lay ground rules from here on out. Nominate up to two players, one offense and one defense. I’ll do my best to keep track and we will see how it turns out. We will recognize the top two on each side of the ball each week. We will post results on Monday night
Carl Tucker II - O
Jo Jo Henderson - D

Jo Jo has not been mentioned much. Before his injury he was lightning it up 2 years ago. Lost his starting spot and significant playing time last year. He stuck in there and played some major minutes the last 2 games rotating in at the safety positions.. Seems like in today’s world most big time player capability that goes unrewarded due to injury or depth chart results in a “retirement” or transfer. I’m very proud of Jo Jo and for that matter Carl Tucker II. NDSU is loaded with players like these two. Maybe not in talent but definitely HEART!!!!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 am
Darth Yoda wrote:
Good point.
Also, the pressure he applied up the middle on passing downs. He didn't sack the QB, but his bull rush pushed the G or C back into the face of the QB many times. That forces the QB out of his comfort zone.
With a 3 man d rush against 5, that leaves the 5 o line really busy.
No one to pick up the blitz.
Just need some healthy folks for the playoffs.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 am

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 am
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
Good point.
I know it has no effect but I always think chicken counters are going to jinx us. I like to dream about the future, but I still want the eggs to actually hatch.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 am
Montanabob wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 am
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
Good point.
I know it has no effect but I always think chicken counters are going to jinx us. I like to dream about the future, but I still want the eggs to actually hatch.
Its a long time before we need to talk about playoffs, I realize that the team has a goal to have a first round bye, but right now we just need to travel to Western Illinois and get a W.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 am

I messed up (doesn't happen often) and am changing my Snell nomination to RJ, after watching the recording it was RJ who laid the couple of nice blocks that I saw, I simply mixed their numbers up. The kid is a thumper!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 am

superbobcat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 am
I messed up (doesn't happen often) and am changing my Snell nomination to RJ, after watching the recording it was RJ who laid the couple of nice blocks that I saw, I simply mixed their numbers up. The kid is a thumper!!
None better than this block out on the edge by RJ to spring Logan.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 am
superbobcat wrote:

good downfield block by kassis too

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 am

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 am
VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

great team blocking. I think it's awesome that Travis Jonsen gets credit for a 55 yard TD pass on this play. Haha.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 am
cats2506 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

great team blocking. I think it's awesome that Travis Jonsen gets credit for a 55 yard TD pass on this play. Haha.
The actual pass was less than 55 inches. Haha

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:45 am

VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

Logan does an incredible job of setting up/reading RJ's block on this play too, and then RJ takes care of the rest himself!! Great team effort on this play.

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:06 am

Unsung Hero of the WEEK!!
OFFENSE: **Karl Tucker 3 RJ 2 Denver Krone 2 Coy Steel 2 Logan Jones 2

DEFENSE: **Hardy 3 JoJo 2 Chase Benson 2

Remember from this point on please make one offensive and one defensive nomination, Should be fun to see how this all shakes out by season's end!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:27 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 am
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

So it should be 53 yac...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:27 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 am
wbtfg wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:

So it should be 53 yac...
Technically 59 since he "caught" the pass at our own 41. A 55 yard TD "pass" with 59 YAC haha

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:38 pm

I’ll go out on a limb and I’ll say Bauman for the offense. He hasn’t cost us a game and seems to be managing things. Damien Washington on defense. He came to play.