The Bobcat Outsider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Bobcat Outsider

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:47 pm

utucats wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 pm
Really nice job Driscoll! The closer we get to game day I start readying, watching and listening to everything I can. Really appreciate you adding to the content.

Also you look like you are having fun with it and thanks for being the first in Montana to use a device that can make more than one voice in a press conference audible.
Thanks a bunch Utu! I definitely enjoy doing it. I’ve learned a lot from running my other YouTube channel, it’s nice to bring some of that to bear covering the Cats.

By the way, it can be surprisingly challenging to get all of the questions audible (and intelligible) when they are coming from all around a room with bad reverb (echo). When MSU isn’t specially micing it up and mixing it down for you, it actually takes me multiple devices.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:59 pm

utucats wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 pm
Really nice job Driscoll! The closer we get to game day I start readying, watching and listening to everything I can. Really appreciate you adding to the content.

Also you look like you are having fun with it and thanks for being the first in Montana to use a device that can make more than one voice in a press conference audible.
Amen to that!!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Post game press conference is up!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Player portion of the press conference is up!

Bryce Sterk, Travis Johnson, and Tucker Rovig participated. It's kind of fun to watch Tucker talk about his deflected pass reception and when he gets to split out wide in the funny formations.

Thanks for checking it out!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Bryce Sterk, Travis Johnson, and Tucker Rovig participated. It's kind of fun to watch Tucker talk about his deflected pass reception and when he gets to split out wide in the funny formations.

Great job on getting these videos up! The team feels quietly confident in themselves and that clearly is showing up in their comments post game. This was a beautiful win for them but now the games really matter!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:22 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Great job on getting these videos up! The team feels quietly confident in themselves and that clearly is showing up in their comments post game. This was a beautiful win for them but now the games really matter!
Thanks!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 am

Best production in the business. Thanks for all you do.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:05 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 am
Best production in the business. Thanks for all you do.
Thanks!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Monday press conference is up!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:22 pm

Hey everybody, this week's episode of the Bobcat Outsider is up! This week I got some great highlights from the Norfolk State game and preview the Northern Arizona game including an interview with KC Everett of the NAU and Big Sky Podcast. Check it out!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:22 pm
Hey everybody, this week's episode of the Bobcat Outsider is up! This week I got some great highlights from the Norfolk State game and preview the Northern Arizona game including an interview with KC Everett of the NAU and Big Sky Podcast. Check it out!

Am I crazy or did your guest talk about how Jalen Goss a defensive lineman might be out but if he plays he will prevent our DL from getting sacks.
on the prediction thread we heard that the same jalen goss is probably transferring.

Am I missing something here :-s

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:31 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 pm
DriscollCat wrote:

Am I crazy or did your guest talk about how Jalen Goss a defensive lineman might be out but if he plays he will prevent our DL from getting sacks.
on the prediction thread we heard that the same jalen goss is probably transferring.

Haha, you are not crazy. I think KC got confused. Yes Jalen Goss is a D lineman and yes he is transferring. I think he might just have gotten his wires crossed.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:31 pm
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:

Haha, you are not crazy. I think KC got confused. Yes Jalen Goss is a D lineman and yes he is transferring. I think he might just have gotten his wires crossed.
I was beginning to wonder if Jalen played both ways, but figured that he couldn't play OL with #95

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 pm

cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:

Also was wondering how one of their DL was going to keep one of our DL from getting a sack?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Might’ve been joking that the other Jalen Goss (Florida St. OL) would be playing for NAU.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:

I was beginning to wonder if Jalen played both ways, but figured that he couldn't play OL with #95
Ok, so I had to go back to the ISU game and see, I thought that maybe there was an OL injury that I didn't remember. NAU finished the game with the same 5 OL that they started with. So an injury wasn't affecting the timing of the sacks on their QB

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 pm
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:

Ok, so I had to go back to the ISU game and see, I thought that maybe there was an OL injury that I didn't remember. NAU finished the game with the same 5 OL that they started with. So an injury wasn't affecting the timing of the sacks on their QB
Good work digging deep!

Yeah, even if they had one guy who made a big difference, I told KC after the interview that there are 3 guys who would be in the backfield. Maybe they could neutralize one. Knowing that they didn’t have a big difference maker out when they gave up 5 sacks last week does not bode well for Cookus.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 pm
cats2506 wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:

Good work digging deep!

Yeah, even if they had one guy who made a big difference, I told KC after the interview that there are 3 guys who would be in the backfield. Maybe they could neutralize one. Knowing that they didn’t have a big difference maker out when they gave up 5 sacks last week does not bode well for Cookus.
I wasn't impressed with their OL, maybe above average BSC but nothing real special. I think our DL has a good day.
I was a lot more concerned about their DL, but without Goss that leaves just #1 to worry about, the rest of the DL looks average BSC to me.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:25 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 pm
cats2506 wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:

Good work digging deep!

I wasn't impressed with their OL, maybe above average BSC but nothing real special. I think our DL has a good day.
I was a lot more concerned about their DL, but without Goss that leaves just #1 to worry about, the rest of the DL looks average BSC to me.
For sure. Only questionable matchup is our defensive backfield against their passing game. I just don’t think they can protect Case. The most fun will be watching our run game against their run D

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Choate Portion of the post game presser is up:

Photo Credit: Brooks Nuanez