The Bobcat Outsider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Bobcat Outsider

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm
I really like the field level perspective of the massive sea of gold. Good stuff.
Thanks!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Top notch, Shane!

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Midweek Press Conference is up!

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Love coaches no bs style for accountability and excuse making. He holds himself as responsible for performance of the team as he does the performers. These kids and the culture developed over the last three years are showing dividends on and off the field! May or may not win the conference or a naty but these kids will be great teammates and adults after their experience here. The teams they play will know they played MSU and win or lose these Cats will leave it all on the field.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:12 am

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 pm
Love coaches no bs style for accountability and excuse making. He holds himself as responsible for performance of the team as he does the performers. These kids and the culture developed over the last three years are showing dividends on and off the field! May or may not win the conference or a naty but these kids will be great teammates and adults after their experience here. The teams they play will know they played MSU and win or lose these Cats will leave it all on the field.
Spot on. Best interview he’s given here and he’s given many good ones.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 am

Thank you DriscollCat for posting this! As mentioned earlier, great insight into the WIU road trip, Casey’s struggles, the upcoming game and even our players. Norfolk State has a playmaker that will make this weekend a tougher challenge than we expect. Great stuff!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 am

Coach really does a good job of putting things into perspective. I like that he not so subtly took a shot at the referees calls for both teams but really loved this quote, "If we're physically dominating somebody I'll take the 10 yards and leave the message."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:16 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 am
Coach really does a good job of putting things into perspective. I like that he not so subtly took a shot at the referees calls for both teams but really loved this quote, "If we're physically dominating somebody I'll take the 10 yards and leave the message."
I did too. The refs were way too involved in that game. Let them play.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:49 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:16 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 am
I did too. The refs were way too involved in that game. Let them play.
Yeah on one of the PI calls against us the guy was reaching for his flag before our DB even made contact. Ridiculous! :evil:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:43 pm

New episode of the Bobcat Outsider is up! In this episode I review the Western Illinois game, preview the Norfolk State game and get into the bigger picture a bit.

Thanks for checking it out!

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 am

Fantastic job! Really enjoyed all the work you put into this!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 am

Shane,
You really do a great job with these. I'm impressed.
Learfield should consider you for some kind of broadcast role - I think you'd do well.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks so much guys. It really means a lot to me when you guys share your positive feedback and support.

I actually just started a working relationship with Colter and Brooks and Skyline.

In fact, if any of you have a small business that you would like to be featured on the show, or know someone who is looking to advertise their business, we are currently looking for sponsors to support the show.

You can send me a direct message here, or email me at sdriscoll@gmail.com.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Great job once again, Shane. Really appreciate the prep work you do beforehand.

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat80 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Agreed. Great job. I was at the Idaho/Wyoming game last weekend. The catch you mentioned was right below us. Amazing that he was able to get a foot down and catch that one handed. I can't believe that didn't make the top 5 FCS plays. We were all talking about it making the Sportscenter Top 10.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:05 pm
Great job once again, Shane. Really appreciate the prep work you do beforehand.
Thanks 91!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Bobcat80 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 pm
Agreed. Great job. I was at the Idaho/Wyoming game last weekend. The catch you mentioned was right below us. Amazing that he was able to get a foot down and catch that one handed. I can't believe that didn't make the top 5 FCS plays. We were all talking about it making the Sportscenter Top 10.
Thanks Bobcat80! Yeah, that catch really was something special!

That’s awesome that you got to be there in person. Was there a sense that Idaho could pull out the upset there at the game?

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat80 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:43 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm
Bobcat80 wrote:

That’s awesome that you got to be there in person. Was there a sense that Idaho could pull out the upset there at the game?
Most definitely. I think Wyoming completely overlooked them. They had no offensive rhythm the entire game. They broke off an 80 yard run in the 4th. That was basically their entire offense for the second half. Idaho's offense looked pretty pedestrian, but I was really impressed with their defense. I have no frame of reference, having not seen Idaho play before that. I'm not sure if they played over their heads or just really beneath their potential the previous week.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Bobcat80 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:43 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm
Bobcat80 wrote:

Most definitely. I think Wyoming completely overlooked them. They had no offensive rhythm the entire game. They broke off an 80 yard run in the 4th. That was basically their entire offense for the second half. Idaho's offense looked pretty pedestrian, but I was really impressed with their defense. I have no frame of reference, having not seen Idaho play before that. I'm not sure if they played over their heads or just really beneath their potential the previous week.
What an exciting game

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Really nice job Driscoll! The closer we get to game day I start readying, watching and listening to everything I can. Really appreciate you adding to the content.

Also you look like you are having fun with it and thanks for being the first in Montana to use a device that can make more than one voice in a press conference audible.