The Bobcat Outsider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Bobcat Outsider

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:58 am

I watched your highlights again. I thought you edited the start of the plays too quickly. My biggest take was watching our o_line moving there whole front as a group. When you have this line coupled with a never quit Ifanse, just WOW.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:16 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:41 pm
I just need to say it. Ifanse is crazy good!!!

Fun to watch! Thanks
Ya think? Just watching him starting at the 18 minute mark. WOW

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Albany coach and players discuss loss:

Choate, Rovig, Williams, and Washington discuss the win:

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:55 am

I found it interesting how dismissive the Albany coach was about our passing game. Hopefully AP feels the same way and stacks the box.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:58 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:25 pm
Albany coach and players discuss loss:

Choate, Rovig, Williams, and Washington discuss the win:

Fun stuff on those interviews. The playoffs always bring out the best and irrespective of how the game went, both teams played well, but one played better! =D^

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Jeff Choate's weekly press conference - Dec 9: Quarterfinal preview, Austin Peay.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Here is my preview of Austin Peay!

Catprint
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Catprint » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:23 am

DriscollCat,

I love your stuff and appreciate all your work and video. Something i could never do. I do see one discrepancy in your Austin Peay preview. You talk about the matchup between the Cats strong rushing offense and the "weak Austin Peay rushing defense". I am not sure where this comes from. AP rushing defense is # 7 in the country at 91.6. The Cats rushing defense is #13. I actually see this as "something has to give". Both teams are Top 25 in scoring defense (AP at 16 and MSU at 22) and both in Top 20 in scoring offense (AP at 12 and MSU at 19). Defense or offense is going to have to bend for one of these two teams. Otherwise, good stuff.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 am

Catprint wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:23 am
DriscollCat,

I love your stuff and appreciate all your work and video. Something i could never do. I do see one discrepancy in your Austin Peay preview. You talk about the matchup between the Cats strong rushing offense and the "weak Austin Peay rushing defense". I am not sure where this comes from. AP rushing defense is # 7 in the country at 91.6. The Cats rushing defense is #13. I actually see this as "something has to give". Both teams are Top 25 in scoring defense (AP at 16 and MSU at 22) and both in Top 20 in scoring offense (AP at 12 and MSU at 19). Defense or offense is going to have to bend for one of these two teams. Otherwise, good stuff.
You are 100% correct.

Over the course of the season, I have found myself spending more and more time preparing for these videos, filming them, and editing them. Eventually, it was just too much time, and it began to cut into important family time.

In my haste to get this episode done, I completely misinterpreted the data.

Perhaps Tucker’s arm will be more important than I thought!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:03 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:25 am
Catprint wrote:
DriscollCat,

You are 100% correct.

Over the course of the season, I have found myself spending more and more time preparing for these videos, filming them, and editing them. Eventually, it was just too much time, and it began to cut into important family time.

We love your videos, but don't cut out your family time to do these for us.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:03 am
DriscollCat wrote:
Catprint wrote:
DriscollCat,

You are 100% correct.

We love your videos, but don't cut out your family time to do these for us.
Thanks for your consistent support @cats2506. I genuinely appreciate it!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:01 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Catprint wrote:
DriscollCat,

You are 100% correct.

That #7 might come with an asterisk, none of the teams in the OVC really prioritize the run. 1-win EKU is the highest I believe and APSU needed overtime to beat them. Sac State was down their top runner for most of the game as well. I think they will keep us below our average somewhat but unless they sell out like Albany, I'm still thinking in the 250 yard range.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:53 am

Keep it up Shane! Go Cats! =D^

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:53 am
Thanks!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 am

catsrback76 wrote:
I agree!

I've been thinking. Between this board, what Shane does with his Bobcat Outsider, the plethora of info that Colter and Skyline bring to the table, and even the R&R podcast...is there another FCS team that gets the coverage of our Cats? As fans we are pretty damn lucky.

Kudos to all you guys for making Bobcat fandom what it is. Truly appreciated!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 am
catsrback76 wrote:
I agree!

I've been thinking. Between this board, what Shane does with his Bobcat Outsider, the plethora of info that Colter and Skyline bring to the table, and even the R&R podcast...is there another FCS team that gets the coverage of our Cats? As fans we are pretty damn lucky.

Kudos to all you guys for making Bobcat fandom what it is. Truly appreciated!
Thanks ILTC!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:34 am

technoCat wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:01 am
DriscollCat wrote:
Catprint wrote:
DriscollCat,

You are 100% correct.

That #7 might come with an asterisk, none of the teams in the OVC really prioritize the run. 1-win EKU is the highest I believe and APSU needed overtime to beat them. Sac State was down their top runner for most of the game as well. I think they will keep us below our average somewhat but unless they sell out like Albany, I'm still thinking in the 250 yard range.
SAC didnt even try to run really, Dodson came out had had 1 run for 4 yards, Perkinson had 5 for 8 yards and you could see that he was not 100%. the rest of their rushing was Thomson who was 13 for 87. so the only rushing they had that mattered was the QB and I didn't think of him as a running QB.

IMO we don't know how good AP run defense because they have not been really tested. EKU was the best and they got 4.5 yards per rush on 43 carries with their best back getting 6.9 on 21 carries.

If the Cats get 4.5 per carry its game over.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:33 am

Please hurry with post game comments!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:40 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:33 am
Please hurry with post game comments!!

Just kidding. I know making those videos are a lot of effort. I’m just going with the great mood we’re all in.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 am

I saw a clip of the AP post game presser on Twitter this morning. Did I miss one from Choate or did he not do one?