The Bobcat Outsider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Bobcat Outsider

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:09 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:04 pm
I still find it humorous that Hauck was all but ran out of town his first time around. People were growing very thin of him losing in big games, Big Game Bobby. I still feel he got out while the getting was good because it wasn't going to be long before for sale signs started popping up on his lawn - which just goes to show you how spoiled and delusional Griz fans are. Now that they have seen the grass isn't greener they are eating him up like a hog does slop.
Agree. Very interesting game in Missoula this weekend. Some of the score predictions are absolutely crazy... most have the Griz winning and a lot of posters have the Grizzlies blowing Weber out. That simply is just not going to happen, .00001% chance.
I'm literally to the point in the season where nothing would surprise me. Especially not in that game over the hill. All I've shown this season is I'm terrible at predictions except for the last two weeks. I nailed those! :lol:

So much parity in this league this year. Teams beating up on each other every weekend. Griz could win by 3 scores and I wouldn't be shocked. Same is if they lose by 3 scores.

I have been slow jumping on the wagon that the griz are all that great. The best team they played killed them. They stomp Weber Saturday and I would be convinced they're pretty good.

Think Weber wins a close one.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:43 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:09 pm
catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:04 pm
I still find it humorous that Hauck was all but ran out of town his first time around. People were growing very thin of him losing in big games, Big Game Bobby. I still feel he got out while the getting was good because it wasn't going to be long before for sale signs started popping up on his lawn - which just goes to show you how spoiled and delusional Griz fans are. Now that they have seen the grass isn't greener they are eating him up like a hog does slop.
Agree. Very interesting game in Missoula this weekend. Some of the score predictions are absolutely crazy... most have the Griz winning and a lot of posters have the Grizzlies blowing Weber out. That simply is just not going to happen, .00001% chance.
I'm literally to the point in the season where nothing would surprise me. Especially not in that game over the hill. All I've shown this season is I'm terrible at predictions except for the last two weeks. I nailed those! :lol:

So much parity in this league this year. Teams beating up on each other every weekend. Griz could win by 3 scores and I wouldn't be shocked. Same is if they lose by 3 scores.

I have been slow jumping on the wagon that the griz are all that great. The best team they played killed them. They stomp Weber Saturday and I would be convinced they're pretty good.

Think Weber wins a close one.
I'm with ya. I'm not convinced they're any good yet but if they beat Weber I'll change my tune.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I agree with you guys. Up to this point I don't think the griz schedule has been all that more difficult than MSU, since EWU turned out to be not very good. Their best win is Monmouth. And they got beat by almost 30 at Sac.

HOWEVER - I think Weber is s pretty good matchup for the griz. If Weber has a defensive weakness, it's against the pass. And with Josh Davis either out or playing at less than 100%, Weber's offense could struggle. I think the griz will win it at home, unless Josh Davis is at full strength.

Htowngriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Htowngriz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm
I agree with you guys. Up to this point I don't think the griz schedule has been all that more difficult than MSU, since EWU turned out to be not very good. Their best win is Monmouth. And they got beat by almost 30 at Sac.

HOWEVER - I think Weber is s pretty good matchup for the griz. If Weber has a defensive weakness, it's against the pass. And with Josh Davis either out or playing at less than 100%, Weber's offense could struggle. I think the griz will win it at home, unless Josh Davis is at full strength.
Not taking anything away from Sac, but we had by far our worst game of the season execution-wise that night. I mean, we gave up 14 more points than we did against freaking Oregon. Having Andy Thompson on their staff certainly didn't help, either. If we get another shot at them, I like our chances.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 pm
91catAlum wrote:

Not taking anything away from Sac, but we had by far our worst game of the season execution-wise that night. I mean, we gave up 14 more points than we did against freaking Oregon. Having Andy Thompson on their staff certainly didn't help, either. If we get another shot at them, I like our chances.
Why, did you get some new DBs that Thomson can't school? Please. He was completing passes at will, and he would again if you played again (if he was healthy). I mean they were up 20 at the half! I think maybe you've blocked out just how lopsided that game was.

But like I said, I think the griz have a great shot to beat Weber. It's a much better matchup for you.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂. That is golden! Your leading rusher had 69 yards and he was a receiver. Sneed passed for a whopping 140 yards. Sac State had 31 first downs to 15 for the Griz. It was a total ass kicking. Griz were totally dominated on both sides of the ball.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:57 pm

91catAlum wrote:

I just think Weber is physically going to beat up on the Griz, specifically the lines.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:05 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Why, did you get some new DBs that Thomson can't school? Please. He was completing passes at will, and he would again if you played again (if he was healthy). I mean they were up 20 at the half! I think maybe you've blocked out just how lopsided that game was.

But like I said, I think the griz have a great shot to beat Weber. It's a much better matchup for you.
Again, not denying that it was an ass-whooping. But their receivers were also making circus catches the entire night, and our guys dropped a lot of passes that they normally don't. I guess we'll see if a rematch does occur.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:25 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:57 pm
91catAlum wrote:

I just think Weber is physically going to beat up on the Griz, specifically the lines.
well, they have done that to everyone else, so why not the fizz too.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 pm

The Griz are a lot like SAC offensively. Mobile QB that can get the ball out quick, good RB, better WRs even without Akem. Not sure their OL vs Weber’s DL is a good matchup.

Weber didn’t look all that tough last week at home vs No. Dakota, but maybe they were looking ahead to UM?

UM will sell out to stop the run as anyone should to try to get Weber into some long, loud third downs.

I think the game boils down to UM’s OL vs Weber’s DL and UM’s ability to stop the run.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Alright! This week's episode of the Bobcat Outsider is FINALLY up.

Thanks for checking it out!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 pm

COOL!!!
GOOD SHOW!!!
GOOOOOO BOBCATS

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Catastrophy11
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catastrophy11 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:35 pm

:-^
Reading this last page about how idiotic it was for Griz fans to actually believe their team would Blowout Weber was certainly entertaining....

Carry-on

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 pm

nice work! I cant frickin wait!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:32 pm

Yep, it's time to play the game! Good job! =D^

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:17 am

Catastrophy11 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:35 pm
Reading this last page about how idiotic it was for Griz fans to actually believe their team would Blowout Weber was certainly entertaining....

Carry-on
Cool recap, it brought a lot to the discussion.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:39 am

RickRund wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 pm

COOL!!!
GOOD SHOW!!!
GOOOOOO BOBCATS
Thanks!

LIBBYCAT

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:35 am

Catastrophy11 wrote:

Carry-on
Like the egriz page about sac state. But carry on troll.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 am

LIBBYCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:35 am
Catastrophy11 wrote:

Carry-on
No but Sac wasn't good when they beat us. They were only good after they beat the Griz. So really their logic was sound prior to the Sac game.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 am
LIBBYCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:35 am
Catastrophy11 wrote:

Carry-on
No but Sac wasn't good when they beat us. They were only good after they beat the Griz. So really their logic was sound prior to the Sac game.
This is a true story. Message boards are fun!