Gold Rush is on its way!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gold Rush is on its way!!

Post by AFCAT » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:51 am

Danster21 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:09 pm
I always try to get a gold rush shirt each year. If someone could grab me one and ship it to me (near Seattle) I'll pay for shipping and the shirt. Please DM me if you can help, I'll even pay for the inconvenience!
You can order one from the bookstore.

http://www.msubookstore.org/MerchDetail ... XEEfhpMGf0

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 am

I'm going to be in the Tetons this weekend. Anyone know if there is any place in Jackson Hole that will have the game on? It doesn't seem like it's going to be on any of the local channels or Pluto.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 am

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:52 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:46 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:50 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:37 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:12 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:00 am
kmax wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 am
GA and Cataholic, we've discussed this. Figure out how to completely ignore each other or you can both get out. I tried to deal with this with you before the season, I'm not going to babysit during the season.

As for the game and available seats, color me surprised at how many are still available. Gold Rush used to be a pretty quick sellout. Looking right now and this is still available in 108 and 109 on Wednesday morning:
I'm sure it will be a sellout, but there are way more tix available than I would have expected after a playoff year.
I have him on ignore thank you. I can see he comments on literally every single post I make but it hides the post and just shows his user name. I’ve asked him to put me on ignore numerous times.
What's the point of having him on ignore if you still read his posts and bring him up damn near every time you post.

Grow up. Both of you are acting like kids.
I don’t read his posts. I put him on ignore weeks ago and haven’t read anything since then. I can only see that he keeps posting or quoting anything I post. It shows me that but not his post, if that makes sense. Put me on ignore and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Win win for both of us.
Or you can just leave, because absolutely no one wants to see or read anything you have to say. You're like that kid who's such a big Jackass he doesn't realize he's a jackass and no one wants to hang out with him.
I’ll make you a deal. I will happily never post here again as soon as bobcat trolls stop posting over on EGriz. Good luck with that!
So the entire reason you post here is you were triggered by a few trolls on egriz and this is how you get back at them?
:roll: nice job man child.
Yea that’s why I post here. You hit it on the head :roll:
It's fine dude, to each their own, just stop being a bitch about it. I'm seriously waiting to be challenged to a fight at the bike racks when I converse with you. We're Cat fans on a Cat board, and you're a egriz fan and that's just unfortunate... life choices I guess :shrug:
It’s all good. I’m a big boy and can handle it. I have decent conversation with many here. There’s really only one I despise and dislike with a passion. And he runs to the mods whenever he gets a chance. I’m glad the rest of you can handle it, even if you dislike me.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 pm

kmax wrote:
GA and Cataholic, we've discussed this. Figure out how to completely ignore each other or you can both get out. I tried to deal with this with you before the season, I'm not going to babysit during the season.

As for the game and available seats, color me surprised at how many are still available. Gold Rush used to be a pretty quick sellout. Looking right now and this is still available in 108 and 109 on Wednesday morning:
I'm sure it will be a sellout, but there are way more tix available than I would have expected after a playoff year.
Leon said there were 500 tickets left last night at Cat Chat.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm

MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 am
I'm going to be in the Tetons this weekend. Anyone know if there is any place in Jackson Hole that will have the game on? It doesn't seem like it's going to be on any of the local channels or Pluto.
Not sure where the SWX app’s geographic boundaries are for streaming, but it will stream on their app.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:16 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 am
kmax wrote:

That area is always last to sell. The green are the available seats.
Yes I am fully aware of what are the available seats that's why I posted it. I'm also aware that it is the last to sell, that was not my point. If you look at the mini-staduim map on that screenshot you'll notice that there are tickets available in many other sections, the light blue is just singles but you can get at least two or more seats together still in 101, 107, 108, 109, 113 and 114 with somewhere north of 350 seats available that are non-singles. Again, I have no doubt it will sell out but I am surprised to see that many available 3 days before the game. I expected more excitement and interest this year, that's all.
This is actually very interesting because just visiting with people around town I feel like there is a buzz regarding this team. People I wouldn't expect even like football seem to be asking about the Cats. So I agree it's odd there are still tix.

I agree though. This game will be a sellout and the place will be rocking. I can't wait!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:05 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 pm
kmax wrote:
iaafan wrote:
kmax wrote:

Yes I am fully aware of what are the available seats that's why I posted it. I'm also aware that it is the last to sell, that was not my point. If you look at the mini-staduim map on that screenshot you'll notice that there are tickets available in many other sections, the light blue is just singles but you can get at least two or more seats together still in 101, 107, 108, 109, 113 and 114 with somewhere north of 350 seats available that are non-singles. Again, I have no doubt it will sell out but I am surprised to see that many available 3 days before the game. I expected more excitement and interest this year, that's all.
This is actually very interesting because just visiting with people around town I feel like there is a buzz regarding this team. People I wouldn't expect even like football seem to be asking about the Cats. So I agree it's odd there are still tix.

I agree though. This game will be a sellout and the place will be rocking. I can't wait!
I think it used to be that unsold tickets were just a result of a lack of interest, but that's changed. Plenty of people are interested, but the opportunities to watch at home are so much better now. You don't have to worry about having a few beers and driving home, you don't have to worry about getting cold or hot or wet, and obviously you don't have to pay anything to watch at home in your sweats while you drink Busch Light and eat your latest recipe of chicken wings on the Traeger. I mean maybe that's you, maybe it's just me. I'm as excited about this team as I have been in several years, yet I'm not a season ticket holder anymore. I make it to a game or two a year and support through the Bobcat Club and BQC, but it wasn't that long ago that you either went to games in person or you listened on the radio. It's like going to movies--unless it's something you HAVE to see in a theater, you'll wait to watch it at home. The bigger the game, the more you HAVE to see it in person, and hopefully more Bobcat games become must-attend types of events. And maybe I'm just getting too old to want to drive 600 miles in a weekend 6-7 times a year. I know plenty of you drive more than that, and I think that's awesome!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:14 pm

I wonder if there is a little more demand for night game tickets when the game takes place over the long Labor Day weekend, as opposed to this "normal" weekend which is also in competition against NFL Week 1. There might be a few single seats empty but that will just allow us to get a better view of the shiny new paint on those east side bleachers!

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I just checked and things are really moving now. 107,8, and 9 still have some seats (~130 in total), but in entire rest of the stadium has a grand total of 12 seats.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I’d be shocked if this game is not a sellout

FTG- GO CATS GO!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:26 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:05 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 pm
kmax wrote:
iaafan wrote:
kmax wrote:

I think it used to be that unsold tickets were just a result of a lack of interest, but that's changed. Plenty of people are interested, but the opportunities to watch at home are so much better now. You don't have to worry about having a few beers and driving home, you don't have to worry about getting cold or hot or wet, and obviously you don't have to pay anything to watch at home in your sweats while you drink Busch Light and eat your latest recipe of chicken wings on the Traeger. I mean maybe that's you, maybe it's just me. I'm as excited about this team as I have been in several years, yet I'm not a season ticket holder anymore. I make it to a game or two a year and support through the Bobcat Club and BQC, but it wasn't that long ago that you either went to games in person or you listened on the radio. It's like going to movies--unless it's something you HAVE to see in a theater, you'll wait to watch it at home. The bigger the game, the more you HAVE to see it in person, and hopefully more Bobcat games become must-attend types of events. And maybe I'm just getting too old to want to drive 600 miles in a weekend 6-7 times a year. I know plenty of you drive more than that, and I think that's awesome!
No this is all definitely true. Attendance is down in nearly every sport across the country. I don't really know what you do to combat it to be honest. Tv's and technology are only going to get better. And with tickets getting more expensive all the time, I think universities all over are going to have the challenge of decreasing attendance going forward.

On a side note I was very happy to hear about the student tickets. Sold out in a couple hours. They are so important for the overall vibe in the stadium. Other than a winning product on the field, we need to find ways to keep these kids interested. In my opinion the last few years the student section has been awful. Would love to see that change

Caturday
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Caturday » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:02 pm

It would help if CMS didn’t patrol the student section like they’re ****** Navy Seals looking for Bin Laden. If there’s a ruckus, sure, go stop it. Otherwise, leave the students alone.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Caturday wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:02 pm
It would help if CMS didn’t patrol the student section like they’re ****** Navy Seals looking for Bin Laden. If there’s a ruckus, sure, go stop it. Otherwise, leave the students alone.
Ha ha ha ha... I hear ya. First time I saw them decked out and saw the machine guns I'm thinking.... OK, no sudden moves.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:40 pm

And don’t even get me started on the front gate security..... GOD FORBID I try to sneak in a 30 pack of coors light... sheesh. :roll:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:40 pm
And don’t even get me started on the front gate security..... GOD FORBID I try to sneak in a 30 pack of coors light... sheesh. :roll:
Well yeah, Coors is gross! Gotta be Old Milwaukee and they will let you right in.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

ddlalum
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ddlalum » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:51 pm

tdub wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm
MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Not sure where the SWX app’s geographic boundaries are for streaming, but it will stream on their app.
Assuming I can't find the game on the old FTA satellite..... How is the quality of the video on the "MSU Bobcat All-Access" stream?

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:15 pm

I found a new way not to work. I thought I was out of distraction ideas. Nope. Here's the count as of 4p Thursday:

Entire stadium not named 107, 108, and 109: 6 seats
107: 16 seats
108: 77 seats
109: 34 seats

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:28 pm

ddlalum wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:51 pm
tdub wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm
MinnesotaBobcat wrote:
Assuming I can't find the game on the old FTA satellite..... How is the quality of the video on the "MSU Bobcat All-Access" stream?
Every single year people that buy that stream log on here pissed off about how bad it is and how it didn't work. I hope it's better this year...

FlyCastingCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FlyCastingCat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Bethany Cordell just tweeted that there are less than 100 tickets available, so there's that.