Gold Rush is on its way!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bozely
BobcatNation Letterman

Gold Rush is on its way!!

Post by bozely » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Yeah, TT was a wrecking (we knew it was coming, stop acting surprised) and it's on to SEMO!!

They had a good win over SIU and their backs looked plenty fast, but being at home gives us a huge advantage. That and I think our guys will really appreciate not playing in an ungodly 115 on the field.

A new era of football is here, UofM no longer will be the sole power in a much stronger Big Sky. ESG GCG

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: Gold Rush is on its way!!

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:08 pm

This team is legit! We will have our hands full.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:49 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:08 pm
I thought this is #winbig year?! 8)

I expect a blow out, to start a series of blowouts...that culminate a huge blowout of the griz! :)

bozely
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bozely » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:59 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:49 pm
94VegasCat wrote:

I expect a blow out, to start a series of blowouts...that culminate a huge blowout of the griz! :)
I'm really expecting us to start slow, we may even be behind at half, but second half we start catching a rhythm and Casey makes some huge plays. Packed house and loud fans are going to make a huge difference, along with the altitude and pleasant temperatures!

A new era of football is here, UofM no longer will be the sole power in a much stronger Big Sky. ESG GCG

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 pm

bozely wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:59 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

I'm really expecting us to start slow, we may even be behind at half, but second half we start catching a rhythm and Casey makes some huge plays. Packed house and loud fans are going to make a huge difference, along with the altitude and pleasant temperatures!
I don’t expect a slow start. I do expect a solid first drive with a score. After playing Big 12 big uglies, our boys will feel a sense of extra confidence and will assert their presence right away. No blowout as SEMO is legit, but I think we win by 14+. Stopping Ifanse is a task, but throw in Hosey, Sumner, Jones, Jonsen, Kassis, Tucker and Anderson will be way too much. Throw in game atmosphere and frustration from the Texas trip, and we will rack our first win in 2019.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:43 pm

SEMO was 9-4 last year with a loss to Weber in the second round. They have Zach Hall, Buck Buchanan winner anchoring the defense and Daniel Santacaterina, a qb who is a straight up
gamer. Think Jordan Johnson. This is a straight up playoff caliber team. We certainly have our hands full. My guess is when you listen to Choate tomorrow, you will feel the weight of this matchup. Look at it as an early season playoff battle.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:06 am

catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

We all hope that this is the #winbig year. We are all, all too familiar with Cat teams with high expectations, that sh!t their pants on the big stage. We need to approach every game as if it’s a playoff game because there’s no gimmes in the BSC and it looks like our OOC games will be tougher than we thought. I like the ‘iron sharpens iron’ mentality. If that’s the case, our guys have gone through the crucible thus far (last years schedule was brutal).

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:24 am

I noticed there are still tickets available....we need every seat filled....come on Bobcat nation!! Pack the house and be loud! This game has playoff implications!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:06 am
catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

We all hope that this is the #winbig year. We are all, all too familiar with Cat teams with high expectations, that sh!t their pants on the big stage. We need to approach every game as if it’s a playoff game because there’s no gimmes in the BSC and it looks like our OOC games will be tougher than we thought. I like the ‘iron sharpens iron’ mentality. If that’s the case, our guys have gone through the crucible thus far (last years schedule was brutal).
I am just giving Coach Choate some grief! :D

MSUBOBCATS.COM is running the hashtag #WinBig so I am running with it too!

I do think this will be a tough game for the Cats, one they can definitely lose, but I believe they will win...but not "BIG". That said, this would be a BIG win!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:06 am
catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

I am just giving Coach Choate some grief! :D

MSUBOBCATS.COM is running the hashtag #WinBig so I am running with it too!

I do think this will be a tough game for the Cats, one they can definitely lose, but I believe they will win...but not "BIG". That said, this would be a BIG win!
Massey has us winning by eight. It will be a good, stern test.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:48 am

SEMO jumped up five spots in the STATS poll to #12.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:52 am

Cledus wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:48 am

Awesome test to start the season. Can't wait!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Can’t wait...hope Choate and company has them ready to go. Home crowd better be huge. This is going to be a good game. Go Cats!!

Punters are people too!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Looks like the cats moved up 1 spot as well.

So #12 vs #13 this week... big game! Love that we have this matchup for gold rush.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

bozely
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bozely » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm

This is a literal "Golden" opportunity for the team, after watching the live interview with coach I'm super excited. One quote especially stood out for me.

"We didn't show much in that game, (Texas Tech) why would we?"

Exactly what I observed and what I hoped to be the case, we've got a good team coming to OUR HOUSE in front of a LOUD LOUD CROWD and the pressure will be all on them (the SEMO game lacked any sort of atmosphere from what I could gather).

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:49 pm

SEMO also moved up, leapfrogging MSU, to #16, from #21, in the College Sports Madness as well, whereas MSU stayed at #18.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fc ... 5-rankings

Should be a great game, but I'm pretty sure our OL will give us what we need on offense, and hoping with fingers crossed that our front 7 can get some pressure on their QB as he and his receivers are legit.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:17 pm

bozely wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

My weather app is saying high of 73, low of 47, sunset at about 7PM (kick off is at 6), and about a 20% chance of rain. Gonna be a beautiful night for football!

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm

I’m excited to see us play a team at this level. I predict we win this game and look good doing it. Our D is legit and our run game will open some things up for us offensively. Casey looked good on most of his deep throws and we’ll have those opportunities all year with our run game.

Next week it will be all sunshine and rainbows on here again and some of the BN whiners will be able to forgive the program for losing to a Big 12 school.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:33 pm

Danster21 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:17 pm
bozely wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

My weather app is saying high of 73, low of 47, sunset at about 7PM (kick off is at 6), and about a 20% chance of rain. Gonna be a beautiful night for football!
And it all makes for a beautiful night for co-eds cutting up gold shirts so they show more and more skin.....I'd buy any coed that would wear one a gold Wicked Weasel for the game.....

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:48 am

Silly me. I thought the griz played the other SD team....the good one.