Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:04 am

Helenabobcat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 pm
Please no more pedophile song AKA Sweet Caroline. I am on the field a lot during the games. Whenever that song comes on, you can hear a collective groan from the coaches and players.
I still go to as many high school games as my schedule allows and even the high school kids cringe at it! One school's cheerleaders at a basketball tournament in Billings last year had a sign something to the effect: "This one's for grandma!"

Anyway, letting the players choose the playlist is a great idea instead of a bunch of middle aged (and older) football junkies reliving their past...trying their damnest to try to remember those six or seven years most of them spent trying to get a B.S. and balancing their drunken stupors with actually going to class drooling over a seemingly hot architectural professor (who was simply teasing them anyway) and now spending countless wasted hours "talking" and "chatting" with a collective group of faceless football junkies they wouldn't recognize on the streets of Bozeangeles or at the stadium...Plus, they fail to realize most of the old songs they're "fondly" recalling piss the kids actually playing the game off... :D

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 am

I literally sit down and hold my ears on Sweet Caroline. I usually sit in stunned disbelief by the number of people singing along. For the love of all things holy and unholy, please stop.

MTCat75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTCat75 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 am
I literally sit down and hold my ears on Sweet Caroline. I usually sit in stunned disbelief by the number of people singing along. For the love of all things holy and unholy, please stop.
Maybe just maybe your own words is why it should be played.

"I usually sit in stunned disbelief by the number of people singing along."

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am

MTCat75 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am
Darth Yoda wrote:

My parents love it. I think it's the worst part of going to a game.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:19 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am
MTCat75 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am
Darth Yoda wrote:

My parents love it. I think it's the worst part of going to a game.
I'm tired of it like others have said, but if the crowd's singing along and having a good time then I can put up with it.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Woodenshoe
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Woodenshoe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:32 am

For Gold Rush, I would love to hear Gold On The Ceiling from the Black Keys.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:38 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:26 pm
It boggles my mind that Sweet Caroline is still is on the playlist. There is not a single individual I know or have spoken to that cares to hear this song at a game anymore. You never hear ANYONE say, "Hey, I hope they play a little Neil Diamond at the game today. That will get us pumped up." It has run its course...please let it die.
And yet every time it comes on thousands of fans are singing along.... :-k
No arguments with that statement. But my observation is that they're only singing to literally ONE line of the song which lasts about 10 seconds, if that. And the only reason people sing along to that line is because we're like Pavlov's dogs and have become unconscious to it. Next time it's on, take a look around. Other than when the chorus plays, everyone is standing around checking their phones, and no one is engaged with the song or what's going on in the game or on the field. If given another choice of song, I would be surprised if anyone voted to keep Sweet Caroline. Why not play something that gets the crowd amped up coming out of the timeout and be really loud?

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:33 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:38 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:26 pm
It boggles my mind that Sweet Caroline is still is on the playlist. There is not a single individual I know or have spoken to that cares to hear this song at a game anymore. You never hear ANYONE say, "Hey, I hope they play a little Neil Diamond at the game today. That will get us pumped up." It has run its course...please let it die.
And yet every time it comes on thousands of fans are singing along.... :-k
No arguments with that statement. But my observation is that they're only singing to literally ONE line of the song which lasts about 10 seconds, if that. And the only reason people sing along to that line is because we're like Pavlov's dogs and have become unconscious to it. Next time it's on, take a look around. Other than when the chorus plays, everyone is standing around checking their phones, and no one is engaged with the song or what's going on in the game or on the field. If given another choice of song, I would be surprised if anyone voted to keep Sweet Caroline. Why not play something that gets the crowd amped up coming out of the timeout and be really loud?
I sit right behind and besides the students, they sing more than one line and the chorus, and they are up swaying and what not to it.

I'm not arguing that the song is a requirement, just that your observations and mine are quite different

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Helenabobcat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 pm
Please no more pedophile song AKA Sweet Caroline. I am on the field a lot during the games. Whenever that song comes on, you can hear a collective groan from the coaches and players.
Plus the fizzly fans think they have trademarked that song so I would rather not play any song they feel we copy them on. Sweet Caroline should go.

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Woodenshoe wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:32 am
I did a search for gold rush and cane up with this song/remix. This would be cool for the pregame rollout of the players. Death Can for Cutie - Gold Rush

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:43 pm
Woodenshoe wrote:
I did a search for gold rush and cane up with this song/remix. This would be cool for the pregame rollout of the players. Death Can for Cutie - Gold Rush

That's a great find... pretty coincidental actually that there's a song named Gold Rush, AND it sounds like a great fit, funky, hip hoppy, techno beaty, for the youngsters!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:19 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:57 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Woodenshoe wrote:

That's a great find... pretty coincidental actually that there's a song named Gold Rush, AND it sounds like a great fit, funky, hip hoppy, techno beaty, for the youngsters!
@BethanyCordell Of all of the songs mentioned in this thread, MSU should seriously consider using this song for gold rush runout, or something. Awesome find @Cataholic !

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Woodenshoe wrote:

I wasn't expecting to actually find any songs in here that would make any sense at a football game, but I... actually like this one for Gold Rush.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:32 pm

That song is awful.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:36 pm

:shrug: I listened to about 30 seconds and shut it off, didn't sound at all like a stadium pump up song to me

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:48 pm

Holy smoke that is bad.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:51 pm

All I want is for you to keep Timmy Trumpet!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:36 pm
:shrug: I listened to about 30 seconds and shut it off, didn't sound at all like a stadium pump up song to me
Funny how people can see or have different views on music or culture. Just try to picture sitting in your stadium seat and video starts playing on the big board with highlights, etc. And a techno beat beat song starts playing with a deep voice of “Gold Rush”. It am thinking goose bumps and maybe even a tear or two😂😂😂

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Funny how people can see or have different views on music or culture. Just try to picture sitting in your stadium seat and video starts playing on the big board with highlights, etc. And a techno beat beat song starts playing with a deep voice of “Gold Rush”. It am thinking goose bumps and maybe even a tear or two😂😂😂
I could see this as the last song to play during pre-game warmups so the guys hear it before they go back into the locker room for the run out.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:06 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Yea, you you have to imagine the whole production that could go along with it. It's a pre-game song that you'd play maybe right before the Cats run out, with a hype video.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast