2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by LTown Cat » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm

I believe today will replace Norfolk for 3rd in most rushing yds per game.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4727
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by iaafan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Mslacatfan must be out of the country. Single game rushing - team needs an update. As does single season. 2,575.and season rush TDs.



User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by Montanabob » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Yup - must be....
But i'd ask that he put in the record watch as honorable mention under the Longest run scrimmage - O'Reilly.
Averaging 40 yards a carry and a long of 73.
15 different people have scored.
5 QB's with a passing TD.
And AndersEn isn't in the Top 5 for Total Offensive Yards.
However, Andersen does has passing efficiency of 286.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4303
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm

ha. sorry.... stupid work is getting in the way of my bobcat nation updates. which is unacceptable, I need to get my priorities straight. working on it now.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4303
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm

updated from northern Colorado. go cats!


FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13552
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 am

Might take some extra work, but I wonder where 5.9 per carry would rank.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4727
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 am
Might take some extra work, but I wonder where 5.9 per carry would rank.
5.9 would be the record. 5.7 from 2017 is the clubhouse record. All four Choate team are over 5.0. 5.5 in 2017 is second. 5.1 in 2016 is 7th.



User avatar
RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 am

Question - Do career coaching victories include playoffs? Assuming so, is that the only list from the OP that includes playoffs?



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by kwcat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:49 pm

Hey Lucy you have some updating to do! Looks like a few people moved up a few spots



User avatar
technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3103
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by technoCat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 pm

I love KK but a little sad he'll be pushing Jr out of the top 10. Imagine if he'd had Lulay throwing to him his whole career!


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by kwcat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Junior will live in infamy with that famous catch in Missoula .



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8249
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 am

kwcat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm
Junior will live in infamy with that famous catch in Missoula .
infamy?

I don't think that means what you think it does

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamy


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 am

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 am
kwcat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm
Junior will live in infamy with that famous catch in Missoula .
infamy?

I don't think that means what you think it does

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamy
One could argue that its a matter of perspective. Infamy may be the right word if you are a griz fan 😜



User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by RobertCats » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:22 am

Damn impressive that Kevin is breaking the top 10 in receiving statistics considering our passing offense the 4 years he was here. He is an absolute stud!



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 am
cats2506 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 am
kwcat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm
Junior will live in infamy with that famous catch in Missoula .
infamy?

I don't think that means what you think it does

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamy
One could argue that its a matter of perspective. Infamy may be the right word if you are a griz fan 😜

That’s funny I said live on famously with that catch using voice text. Apparently it auto corrected my whole statement.
I don’t always proofread my voice text #-o

Anyway, Junior was kick ass!



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13552
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Team season rushing is now in fifth. That record will almost certainly be broken.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by grizband » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:28 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:03 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 am
cats2506 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 am
kwcat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm
Junior will live in infamy with that famous catch in Missoula .
infamy?

I don't think that means what you think it does

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamy
One could argue that its a matter of perspective. Infamy may be the right word if you are a griz fan 😜

That’s funny I said live on famously with that catch using voice text. Apparently it auto corrected my whole statement.
I don’t always proofread my voice text #-o

Anyway, Junior was kick ass!
Ugh, infamy is so true.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13552
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:16 pm

From MSU:
• Jeff Choate joins Tony Storti as the only Bobcat coaches in history with two eight-win seasons out of their first four.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4303
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:03 am

updated from UC davis. added padmos- punting average for a season list.

FTG!!!!

Go CATS!!!


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4303
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am

RockyBearCat wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 am
Question - Do career coaching victories include playoffs? Assuming so, is that the only list from the OP that includes playoffs?
Yes playoffs are included for coaching victories, and ALL stats.

Unfortunately they only started including playoffs towards these kind of stats sometime in the late 90's (ish). All teams, not just the cats. so the "old time" players on these lists probably actually had some more impressive career and/or season numbers, if they were to include playoff games.

Example- When McGhee finished his career, he was listed as the all time winningest QB in Big Sky history...………… this obviously did not sit well with griz fans, because Dave's career wins total did not get to reflect his playoff wins (which he had a lot of).

Anyway, it is what it is.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

Post Reply