2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9691
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:48 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:26 am
yeah, Padmos is definitely a game changer. He has continually been snubbed by the big sky as well when it comes to all-conference teams. There is not a punter in the league that I would take over him these last couple years, no question.
It's shocking to see Padmos that high up there. I know he's a good punter, but his yardage is deceiving as most of his yards come on the bounce and roll. I remember thinking Matthew Peot would just launch beautiful spiral rockets up into orbit. I'm really surprised Padmos has a higher average. Good for him.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6071
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:48 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:26 am
yeah, Padmos is definitely a game changer. He has continually been snubbed by the big sky as well when it comes to all-conference teams. There is not a punter in the league that I would take over him these last couple years, no question.
It's shocking to see Padmos that high up there. I know he's a good punter, but his yardage is deceiving as most of his yards come on the bounce and roll. I remember thinking Matthew Peot would just launch beautiful spiral rockets up into orbit. I'm really surprised Padmos has a higher average. Good for him.
As 2-B Champ stated above, watch him warm up some time. He is absolutely capable of those high, booming, monster punts but rarely do we go that route because we're so good at the rolling style that really limits returns. I remember watching him before a scrimmage earlier this year and he's punting from around the 50 into a cold, brisk wind, and landing punt after punt literally between the 1 and 5 yard lines, right on the out of bounds line. Really impressive. He's also had a couple head-scratcher shank moments, but those are few and far between. If he can get that fixed and consistently do what we know he's capable of, I think he's an NFL punter.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4727
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Padmos was a QB in high school. Good athlete. He’s a wizard with his kicks. If someone isn’t deep enough he will drive past them. He can hang it and roll it. He’s got all three down.



User avatar
Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Missoula MT, Bozeman MT

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Padmos is a great punter, no doubt about it. We are not going to miss a step in the punting department when the season finally ends IMO. We have another Punting and kickoff wizard commit in Bryce Leighton out of Camas, WA. He is going to be Padmos 2.0. Having these high quality kickers is, and will pay dividends for our special team play.


Go Cats Go! FTG

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 pm

updated from Austin peay. Wow, what a game!

-couple people moved up some lists.
-added Team Sacks in a season, way up that list.
-brott will break the career starts mark this next Saturday
-
Go cats! BEAT NDSU!!!!


FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:09 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 pm
updated from Austin peay. Wow, what a game!

-couple people moved up some lists.
-added Team Sacks in a season, way up that list.
-brott will break the career starts mark this next Saturday
-
Go cats! BEAT NDSU!!!!
Good catch on team sacks. Love that the 1984 total is just way the heck out there. I think they had something 11 sacks in the championship game.
Reporter: "How'd you win?"
Coach: "Well, we sacked the quarterback about every third time he dropped back to pass."
Reporter: "That'd about do it. Back to Hank in the studio."


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2581
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by AFCAT » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 pm

I don’t care about the lack of post season accolades; I’m going to nominate Kassis for the Bobcat hall of fame when he is eligible.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 pm
I don’t care about the lack of post season accolades; I’m going to nominate Kassis for the Bobcat hall of fame when he is eligible.
Anybody that can haul in passes like that guy does has serious NFL potential. His catches vs. Poly, UM, Albany and the one in the back corner vs. AP are plays most receivers make once in their careers. The fact that he's as high as he is on the Top 10 school record lists playing on this type of team tells you a lot, too.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13565
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:05 pm

After starting his career 2-7 overall and 0-6 in the Big Sky, Choate is 26-14 (26-12 vs. FCS) overall and 18-8 in the BSC since then.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 779
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 pm
updated from Austin peay. Wow, what a game!

-couple people moved up some lists.
-added Team Sacks in a season, way up that list.
-brott will break the career starts mark this next Saturday
-
Go cats! BEAT NDSU!!!!
Brott and Career Starts will stand for some time. Stallworth on our OL!



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by Cataholic » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:02 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:12 pm
I don’t care about the lack of post season accolades; I’m going to nominate Kassis for the Bobcat hall of fame when he is eligible.
Anybody that can haul in passes like that guy does has serious NFL potential. His catches vs. Poly, UM, Albany and the one in the back corner vs. AP are plays most receivers make once in their careers. The fact that he's as high as he is on the Top 10 school record lists playing on this type of team tells you a lot, too.
He has some of the best hands of all time. I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, but they are so fixated on physical measurables. Any idea how his speed, agility and strength will test? He clearly has the hands and the smarts.



User avatar
catgrad05
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am
Location: North Central Montna

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:22 am

What’s the record for most Cat griz wins I a row? Coach and QB?



User avatar
catgrad05
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am
Location: North Central Montna

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 am

And a follow up most wins in a row by a starting QB? Rovig is at 8? He has got to be in a top 10-15?



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1557
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by kwcat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:30 am

catgrad05 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 am
And a follow up most wins in a row by a starting QB? Rovig is at 8? He has got to be in a top 10-15?
Tucker has 6 right now



User avatar
nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by nevadacat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 am

kwcat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:30 am
catgrad05 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 am
And a follow up most wins in a row by a starting QB? Rovig is at 8? He has got to be in a top 10-15?
Tucker has 6 right now
Kelly Bradley had 10. Paul Dennehy with 13?


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:39 pm

updated from NDSU.

hell of a season! really gonna miss watching guys like Kassis and Sterk.

Go Cats!


FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4727
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks for compiling this. Looking forward to next year already.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5896
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:06 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:48 pm
Thanks for compiling this. Looking forward to next year already.
Indeed, though next year, it looks like it will be the Troy Andersen - depending on how many offensive snaps he gets - and Isaiah Ifanse show. Choate should move up the all time victory list, though.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by grizband » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:14 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:10 pm
Alrighty, as I do every year. I will be updating records throughout the season as players approach or move up career and/or season records lists. AKA, the Troy Andersen Record Watch list. haha, he pretty much broke every season record available last year. Please let me know if there is anything I missed, needs to be corrected, or added. A few career lists are in play to start the season:

MSU Career Coaching Victories
1. 70- Rob Ash
2. 47- Sonny Holland
3. 41- Cliff Hysell
4. 40- Mike Kramer
5. 36- Schubert R. Dyche
6. 31- Tony Storti
6. 31- Jim Sweeney
8. 30- Herb Agocs
9. 28- Jeff Choate
9. 28- G. Ott Romney

***cough, cough... 4-0 vs the griz… cough, cough***
Choate has a legitimate chance at the top 5 for MSU coaching victories next season. Much less likely, but still attainable, is surpassing Kramer for #4, and Cliff Hysell for #3 (this would require 14 wins, basically a national title season).



User avatar
bobcat92
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: Billings

Re: 2019 Bobcat Record Watch

Post by bobcat92 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks for tracking this! Really a great season and a blast to follow and watch.



Post Reply