And your 2019 starting QB is...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: And your 2019 starting QB is...

Post by MSU01 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 am

Congrats to Casey, I think he'll do a great job!

Also, everyone really needs to remember what Mark Twain said about arguing with stupid people.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 am

Also, everyone really needs to remember what Mark Twain said about arguing with stupid people.
Spot on MSU01......

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” :-k

― Mark Twain

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 am
It’s just so hard being right here all the time. Here’s your next one, Rovig is already looking to transfer out. Like I said, TA back at QB in no time.
Rovig will still be at MSU when Bobby is out looking for his next coaching job, most likely at the high school level.

Punters are people too!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 am
MSU01 wrote:

Spot on MSU01......

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” :-k

― Mark Twain
Who is this Mark Twain guy and why is he stealing quotes from Gushing Ahole?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 am

Grizaddict wrote:
It’s just so hard being right here all the time. Here’s your next one, Rovig is already looking to transfer out. Like I said, TA back at QB in no time.
Okay, Fredo we think you smart too. It's just not how Pop wanted it.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Haha, you are THE insider here.

You had a 50/50 shot at the qb prediction, and the most popular pick coming into fall camp was Rovig since he looked better this spring. You went against that pick with no inside info at the time (it was only a couple days into camp) and happened to get it right. Good for you to getting a coin flip correct.

The “hot take” that Rovig will transfer out is an easy assumption to make. He still has two more years to play after this season and just got beat out by an underclassmen, so barring injury or extended horrible performances by CB, he’ll now never be the guy here. I hope he doesn’t leave, but totally understandable if he does.
Not exactly going out on a limb to call this one, are you?

I used to honestly not mind GA on here the majority of the time, but this off-season the trolling has bumped up a couple notches and the whole thing has worn really thin
Last edited by Catsrgrood on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:55 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 am
Grizaddict wrote:

You had a 50/50 shot at the qb prediction, and the most popular pick coming into fall camp was Rovig since he looked better this spring. You went against that pick with no inside info at TE time (it was only a couple days into camp) and happened to get it right. Good for you to getting a coin flip correct.

The “hot take” that Rovig will transfer out is an easy assumption to make. He still has two more years to play after this season and just got beat out by an underclassmen, so barring injury or extended horrible performances by CB, he’ll now never be the guy here. I hope he doesn’t leave, but totally understandable if he does.

I used to honestly not mind GA on here the majority of the time, but this off-season the trolling has bumped up a couple notches and the whole thing has worn really thin
I wouldn't count Rovig out just yet. Like coach Choate said, it is a long season and injuries happen (3 Big Sky playoff teams last year played 2 quarterbacks).

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

You had a 50/50 shot at the qb prediction, and the most popular pick coming into fall camp was Rovig since he looked better this spring. You went against that pick with no inside info at TE time (it was only a couple days into camp) and happened to get it right. Good for you to getting a coin flip correct.

How many guys did we lose last year because someone slipped on the ice? At least two, I think. Jonsen and I want to say someone else. Rovig is literally one Bauman wrong step or rolled up ankle away from being the starter. Bauman may have won the competition, but it's not like he blew Rovig's tits right off.

In other news, sources close to the program have informed me McGhee plans to transfer to Texas Tech.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:03 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:55 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

You had a 50/50 shot at the qb prediction, and the most popular pick coming into fall camp was Rovig since he looked better this spring. You went against that pick with no inside info at the time (it was only a couple days into camp) and happened to get it right. Good for you to getting a coin flip correct.

I wouldn't count Rovig out just yet. Like coach Choate said, it is a long season and injuries happen (3 Big Sky playoff teams last year played 2 quarterbacks).
Totally get that and agree. My comment was barring injury or horrible performance he won’t be the guy here. I think that’s true now with CB named the starter.
It’s a long season, a lot can and will happen. We’ll see how it all plays out.

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am

bcatfan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

On that note.... How do you ignore a poster??
Click on the users icon. On that page you will find a link to “Add Foe”

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I agree, I don’t really mind some of the trolling that goes on. I can smell the bandwagon fans a mile away. But I have read way too much of this guy’s drivel over the years on here. He is the prototype condescending prick/griz fan with his nose in the air because he jumped on their bandwagon at some point and fancies himself a good tennis player. This guy deserves whatever ridicule he gets.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 am

MSU01 wrote:

I'd like to point out one minor but important distinction. I was not arguing with GA, I was just making fun of him.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 am
MSU01 wrote:

I'd like to point out one minor but important distinction. I was not arguing with GA, I was just making fun of him.
I hear you and my comment was not directed at any one person in particular. But either way, some people here are doing a phenomenal job of giving this particular Griz troll exactly what he wants, which is attention and whatever bizarre sense of satisfaction he gets from knowing he's gotten under peoples' skin here. I fell into the trap once by calling him out on the basketball board when he tried to post something as insider knowledge that had already been reported by at least one media member, but quickly realized there's no point in doing so. It's also highly annoying to have to read through these long threads which contain a little discussion of the actual topic and a lot of bickering back and forth about irrelevant stuff like whether MSU QBs threw 5 or 6 interceptions at a practice last week. The moderators here are very, very hands-off and that's generally a good thing, but that also puts the onus on the people who do read and post regularly to not let things go sideways like they have recently.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 am

Appears Casey threw well today.

The rest of the angsty posters in this thread: WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am
bcatfan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

On that note.... How do you ignore a poster??
Click on the users icon. On that page you will find a link to “Add Foe”
And you will be so damn glad that you did! Unless you like seeing the direct result of what happens during "Computer Play" at Warm Springs.

I honestly feel bad for the guy, I feel like I spend too much time on this site and he has almost as many posts as me!! Even worse when you consider how many times he has had to change his username, who in the hell has that much time to spend on the board of a rival?!

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Any unemployed UM grad.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Maybe no one on Egriz will talk to him. Well then why should we? I suggest we pretend he doesn't exist by not replying to anything he says!

2024 Resume dominance

BobcatOninetails
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatOninetails » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Any unemployed UM grad.
Is there any other kind of UM grad?

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 pm

BobcatOninetails wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Any unemployed UM grad.
Is there any other kind of UM grad?
Incel neckbeard edge lords.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:06 am

WOW, had to research that one! Not sure I get the full meaning but it creates this great image that captures the personality perfectly. Are you really Shakespeare?

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."