NDSU and attendance in the Big Sky.....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WYOBISONMAN
BobcatNation Letterman

NDSU and attendance in the Big Sky.....

Post by WYOBISONMAN » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:59 am

The NDSU Bison fans in Fargo are responding to the move to DI-AA. The home opener against Valpo is almost sold out. The crowd on hand for next week's game should be arround 19,000 to 19,500.

I would think that such attendance numbers would make all the Big Sky Conference folks pretty happy about the prospect of getting such a big draw in the conference. I would suspect we ourdraw all but the Griz on the home opener when compared to the Big Sky Schools. Check out the article about it in the Fargo Forum.....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index. ... ion=Sports

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: NDSU and attendance in the Big Sky.....

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:22 am

WYOBISONMAN wrote:The NDSU Bison fans in Fargo are responding to the move to DI-AA. The home opener against Valpo is almost sold out. The crowd on hand for next week's game should be arround 19,000 to 19,500.

I would think that such attendance numbers would make all the Big Sky Conference folks pretty happy about the prospect of getting such a big draw in the conference. I would suspect we ourdraw all but the Griz on the home opener when compared to the Big Sky Schools. Check out the article about it in the Fargo Forum.....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index. ... ion=Sports
TOTALLY AGREE. If you take out travel problems, I think adding NDSU is a NO BRAINER for the Big Sky.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 am

I've never really understood the travel problems with NDSU. Aren't they in Fargo with 100,000 people. They've got to have a decent size airport (bigger than Bozeman's and Missoula's). Plus, I would think getting to Fargo would be a heck of a lot easier than Flagstaff. Not to mention there would significant Montanan's driving there for a game. I'm all for NDSU, SDSU, and Northern Colorado in the Big Sky.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:04 am

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:I've never really understood the travel problems with NDSU. Aren't they in Fargo with 100,000 people. They've got to have a decent size airport (bigger than Bozeman's and Missoula's). Plus, I would think getting to Fargo would be a heck of a lot easier than Flagstaff. Not to mention there would significant Montanan's driving there for a game. I'm all for NDSU, SDSU, and Northern Colorado in the Big Sky.
Fargo is over 140,000 now I've heard. And NDSU, no doubt about it you'll have us all beat except the Griz. MSU will probably have the 2nd highest attendance and I doubt we see more than 15,000 or 16,000 at any game.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:10 am

catatac wrote:
Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:I've never really understood the travel problems with NDSU. Aren't they in Fargo with 100,000 people. They've got to have a decent size airport (bigger than Bozeman's and Missoula's). Plus, I would think getting to Fargo would be a heck of a lot easier than Flagstaff. Not to mention there would significant Montanan's driving there for a game. I'm all for NDSU, SDSU, and Northern Colorado in the Big Sky.
Fargo is over 140,000 now I've heard. And NDSU, no doubt about it you'll have us all beat except the Griz. MSU will probably have the 2nd highest attendance and I doubt we see more than 15,000 or 16,000 at any game.
Sorry, got it from here....
http://houseandhome.msn.com/pickaplace/ ... =MT&PTS=MT
I'm sure they have a quite a bit surrounding. It's an interesting site anyway.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:37 am

when i lived in the fargo-moorhead area in the 80's the population of the area was about 120,000. i would imagine it's a little bigger now.