The Montana Football Hour 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Montana Football Hour 2019

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:01 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:49 am
Thought the show was fine. But saying the Griz would have the best shot of anyone to beat NDSU is just asinine to say. I get why he said it. Smart of him. But it's nothing more than sports radio crazy talk.
I did not make this point as articulately as I would've liked. This Griz team is too hurt and too weak on the lines (Montana State showed that definitively last month) to compete with North Dakota State. The current Griz DO NOT have a better chance against NDSU than this Bobcat team.

I guess my point was that I think the best way to beat NDSU is to play an opposite style rather than a similar style. Even if you are the second-toughest guy in town, when you fight the toughest guy at the bar, the toughest guy is still going to win. I think Montana State has a puncher's chance in Fargo to be sure on Saturday.

But I also think the team with the best chance to beat North Dakota State the last 8 years would've been those Eastern Washington teams with Vernon Adams/Gage Gubrud, Cooper Kupp, Kendrick Bourne, Shaq Hill. Unfortunately, those EWU teams lost to Sam Houston State, Illinois State, Youngstown State a step short of the national title game.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:01 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thought the show was fine. But saying the Griz would have the best shot of anyone to beat NDSU is just asinine to say. I get why he said it. Smart of him. But it's nothing more than sports radio crazy talk.
I did not make this point as articulately as I would've liked. This Griz team is too hurt and too weak on the lines (Montana State showed that definitively last month) to compete with North Dakota State. The current Griz DO NOT have a better chance against NDSU than this Bobcat team.

I guess my point was that I think the best way to beat NDSU is to play an opposite style rather than a similar style. Even if you are the second-toughest guy in town, when you fight the toughest guy at the bar, the toughest guy is still going to win. I think Montana State has a puncher's chance in Fargo to be sure on Saturday.

But I also think the team with the best chance to beat North Dakota State the last 8 years would've been those Eastern Washington teams with Vernon Adams/Gage Gubrud, Cooper Kupp, Kendrick Bourne, Shaq Hill. Unfortunately, those EWU teams lost to Sam Houston State, Illinois State, Youngstown State a step short of the national title game.
Totally agree. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Apologies. This makes perfect sense to me.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:09 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:01 am
ilovethecats wrote:

Totally agree. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Apologies. This makes perfect sense to me.
Haha I think I misarticulated what I was trying to say! It's like Gus always says: damn these podcast things. Back in the day, your dumb hot takes on live radio just disappeared forever!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 am

As a guy who has only dabbled in the medium, it's hard to articulate your point when you're recording. You don't have time to stop your thought, do some research, etc. I have so many points I want to get to before we start recording and I forget like half of them once we start recording, and we aren't even live like Colter and Gus are. Or I will listen back and think I did a horrible job of explaining what I meant there.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:19 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 am
As a guy who has only dabbled in the medium, it's hard to articulate your point when you're recording. You don't have time to stop your thought, do some research, etc. I have so many points I want to get to before we start recording and I forget like half of them once we start recording, and we aren't even live like Colter and Gus are. Or I will listen back and think I did a horrible job of explaining what I meant there.
Definitely not easy. I mean if we're being honest, the biggest names in sports talk radio these days made it that high because they really didn't care what other people thought about their takes. By simply saying them, they got more and more viewers to tune in. The fact you guys or T&N actually try to make valid points with good research every show is noble.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."