Butte ATH Mellott commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8127
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Big Sky Country
Contact:

Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:39 pm




User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9449
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:47 pm

#Boom!



User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1857
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Bozcat003 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Incredibly surprised and thrilled

Thought he was going to UM



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8922
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 pm

Image


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13287
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Incredibly surprised and thrilled

Thought he was going to UM
Why?


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:36 pm

He reminds me of Kevin Kassis, a Swiss Army Knife, he can throw, fast, smart kid, stud, Butte Tough! Welcome to MSU!
Last edited by FTG247365 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3205
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Apparently ran a 4.64 40 at the Pitt's combine.

That's....uh....really good.

Essentially a 4.5 hand time, which is moving. He was the fastest one at the combine.

Super stoked to get an in-state athlete like this. He looks good!



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13287
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:16 am



MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13287
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:17 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:52 pm
Apparently ran a 4.64 40 at the Pitt's combine.

That's....uh....really good.

Essentially a 4.5 hand time, which is moving. He was the fastest one at the combine.

Super stoked to get an in-state athlete like this. He looks good!
Also the best broad jump.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Catfanatic84
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:04 am

Always good to have Butte kids on the squad!



autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by autocat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:39 am

That's two Butte kids, one from Colstrip, Bozeman and Billings

Well......ten days ago I was told we were losing the in-state recruits [-X



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3205
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 am

Watched a little of his tape.

He definitely plays at WR, maybe S, but I bet WR. He's not a D1 QB.

Good athlete, good in the open field. Hard to say how good of a catcher or route runner he is, obviously, but I'm sure he'll be fine at it. Natural athlete. When he's running he makes it look easier than what it is, which is nice to see. He made a substantial athletic jump between his sophomore and junior year...went from just ok to very good.

Very smart. Should mean he'll get a nice academic scholarship. That always helps too.

He's a good in-state pickup. Can't pass on in-state athletes like this, imo.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7073
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:54 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 am
Watched a little of his tape.

He definitely plays at WR, maybe S, but I bet WR. He's not a D1 QB.

Good athlete, good in the open field. Hard to say how good of a catcher or route runner he is, obviously, but I'm sure he'll be fine at it. Natural athlete. When he's running he makes it look easier than what it is, which is nice to see. He made a substantial athletic jump between his sophomore and junior year...went from just ok to very good.

Very smart. Should mean he'll get a nice academic scholarship. That always helps too.

He's a good in-state pickup. Can't pass on in-state athletes like this, imo.
Basically my assessment of him...specifically the sophomore to junior jump in athleticism.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2699
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm

All I know is the griz didn’t want him and since Rostad is better at QB they won this recruiting battle. Makes sense right, especially since Mellott won’t play QB at MSU.

Honestly, I thought douche bags flew solo, but the older I get the more I realize egriz is a hub for the triggered and weak.


"I have an unhealthy obsession with Bobcat football...and arguing!!"

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7073
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm
All I know is the griz didn’t want him and since Rostad is better at QB they won this recruiting battle. Makes sense right, especially since Mellott won’t play QB at MSU.

Honestly, I thought douche bags flew solo, but the older I get the more I realize egriz is a hub for the triggered and weak.
The justification is strong over there.

Seriously though...whatever happened to saying a congrats and a joke about choosing the rival school? When posters start making fun of how the kid looks in a photo, that's where it just gets sad. Some odds ducks over the hill.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm
All I know is the griz didn’t want him and since Rostad is better at QB they won this recruiting battle. Makes sense right, especially since Mellott won’t play QB at MSU.

Honestly, I thought douche bags flew solo, but the older I get the more I realize egriz is a hub for the triggered and weak.
The justification is strong over there.

Seriously though...whatever happened to saying a congrats and a joke about choosing the rival school? When posters start making fun of how the kid looks in a photo, that's where it just gets sad. Some odds ducks over the hill.
I saw the posts over at egriz. They show ZERO class. And sadly they are the vocal fans that make every Griz fan look bad. They are sore losers in a battle for one of the states tops athletes.

By the way, Tommy is a high character kid. Straight A and scored a 33 on his ACT. Strong leader by example who has played varsity football and basketball since he has been a freshman.



lutecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by lutecat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm
All I know is the griz didn’t want him and since Rostad is better at QB they won this recruiting battle. Makes sense right, especially since Mellott won’t play QB at MSU.

Honestly, I thought douche bags flew solo, but the older I get the more I realize egriz is a hub for the triggered and weak.
I just read a tweet he had an offer from the dark pinkers



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2352
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm
All I know is the griz didn’t want him and since Rostad is better at QB they won this recruiting battle. Makes sense right, especially since Mellott won’t play QB at MSU.

Honestly, I thought douche bags flew solo, but the older I get the more I realize egriz is a hub for the triggered and weak.
The justification is strong over there.

Seriously though...whatever happened to saying a congrats and a joke about choosing the rival school? When posters start making fun of how the kid looks in a photo, that's where it just gets sad. Some odds ducks over the hill.
I saw the posts over at egriz. They show ZERO class. And sadly they are the vocal fans that make every Griz fan look bad. They are sore losers in a battle for one of the states tops athletes.

By the way, Tommy is a high character kid. Straight A and scored a 33 on his ACT. Strong leader by example who has played varsity football and basketball since he has been a freshman.
I’ve never been on e-griz, but If they are posting stuff like that, then that is just sad. Sheesh, this young man doesn’t just want to play football, he wants to go to a STEM school and have a good lifetime career. What’s wrong with that? It’s his life. Some of these fanboys really need to grow up.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13287
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:18 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:35 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Incredibly surprised and thrilled

Thought he was going to UM
Why?
Just curious. Why do you think he was going to UM?


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1857
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Butte ATH Mellott commits

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:18 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:35 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 pm
Incredibly surprised and thrilled

Thought he was going to UM
Why?
Just curious. Why do you think he was going to UM?
No real reason honestly. I just thought Hauck always recruited Butte well and thought he may follow suit.

Glad I was wrong, I think he could be a stud slot WR here. Great athlete.



Post Reply