Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Grady is gone.

Let's move on.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:39 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm
NorthernPlains wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:32 pm
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:47 am
The Cats could see him again in a year or 2 if things don't pan out (transfer portal).

After committing and then backing out I don't think he'd be welcome here.

It might be different if he reneged for a chance at U Dub or Oregon. Yet he went with Western Kentucky? I think we've seen the last of this kid. Wish him well and move on.
100% disagree with the "he wouldn't be welcome here" line. I agree we probably won't ever seen him as a Cat, but it also wouldn't be the first time we lost a kid to an FBS school, only to have them end up transferring to Bozeman later in their career.
Yeah, I think he'd be welcomed back if he really wanted to be here, but I can't see too many scenarios where it would make sense. A lot of us think it's almost a lateral move to go there, so it would be somewhat lateral to come back. I mean if the guy isn't good enough to play there, does he really look all that attractive to a (hopefully) strong team at MSU? And if he's killing it, he wouldn't leave. I know there are scenarios where it's a fit or it's not, but I don't see MSU looking at bounce-downs from a place like that.
There are plenty of scenarios where a talented kid transfers from a bad program. I mean look at Alex Neale for us, starter on a bad UNLV squad. Beau Levi Mitchell was a starter at mediocre SMU until he got hurt his sophomore year. EWU recruited him heavily out of high school so when he was looking to transfer the connection was already there.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:42 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:39 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm
NorthernPlains wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:32 pm
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:47 am
The Cats could see him again in a year or 2 if things don't pan out (transfer portal).

After committing and then backing out I don't think he'd be welcome here.

It might be different if he reneged for a chance at U Dub or Oregon. Yet he went with Western Kentucky? I think we've seen the last of this kid. Wish him well and move on.
100% disagree with the "he wouldn't be welcome here" line. I agree we probably won't ever seen him as a Cat, but it also wouldn't be the first time we lost a kid to an FBS school, only to have them end up transferring to Bozeman later in their career.
Yeah, I think he'd be welcomed back if he really wanted to be here, but I can't see too many scenarios where it would make sense. A lot of us think it's almost a lateral move to go there, so it would be somewhat lateral to come back. I mean if the guy isn't good enough to play there, does he really look all that attractive to a (hopefully) strong team at MSU? And if he's killing it, he wouldn't leave. I know there are scenarios where it's a fit or it's not, but I don't see MSU looking at bounce-downs from a place like that.
There are plenty of scenarios where a talented kid transfers from a bad program. I mean look at Alex Neale for us, starter on a bad UNLV squad. Beau Levi Mitchell was a starter at mediocre SMU until he got hurt his sophomore year. EWU recruited him heavily out of high school so when he was looking to transfer the connection was already there.
I was thinking some sort of injury scenario would be about the only way he'd come here. I just don't see MSU being in the situation in 2 years where they're still looking for a QB and want to go with a guy who didn't make it at a place like WKU (other than injury).

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 pm

This discussion is weird. The coaches will bring in the players they think can help the most no matter whether they're from Western Kentucky or Alabama. There are plenty of examples at MSU and elsewhere of players from bad FBS programs performing extremely well at the FCS level. That being said, of course it's extremely unlikely that this individual player will ever end up at MSU.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:17 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 pm
This discussion is weird. The coaches will bring in the players they think can help the most no matter whether they're from Western Kentucky or Alabama. There are plenty of examples at MSU and elsewhere of players from bad FBS programs performing extremely well at the FCS level. That being said, of course it's extremely unlikely that this individual player will ever end up at MSU.
Definitely a strange discussion. EWU had Mitchell transfer for one year I believe and that turned out really well for both EWU and Mitchell. The Cats had a really fine receiver transfer from UTEP who was one of my favorites. I don't get the lack of respect for Western Kentucky by some of the posters either. It's a beautiful campus and the climate is great. I had a cousin who took a job there after he graduated from MSU who thought he'd died and gone to heaven just because of the climate (have to point out he was from Opheim and anything would seem like a step up from that area during the winter...). Lots to do there and if memory serves me correctly the Harbaugh brothers learned a quite a bit about football from their father there as did the Petrino family. After all those winters in Helena, it must have been really nice for them. Anyway, it would have been nice to have had this young man play for MSU.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:08 pm
tdub wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:05 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:57 pm
Not a very competitive attitude. Maybe he's not as much of a loss as I expected.
Not really something that can be said from an 18 year old changing a major life decision. Let’s not disparage the kid. Probably a great kid with a great opportunity that’s the best fit for him.
He got a full-ride offer from a 8-4 FBS program that has put quarterbacks into the NFL as recently as 2018 (Mike White). Fun opportunity for him and I wish him luck. Had nothing to do with players in front of him at MSU. That's just nonsense. Coaches were more worried about Washington whisking him away with a PWO offer. Western Kentucky had him in for a visit last weekend and he committed. It happens!
Additionally, you can see that we are competing for FBS type of talent. We did not lose him to NAU or Cal Poly. We are going after higher level prospects. That is a good thing!