2020 commitments (36) and offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (32) and offers

Post by VimSince03 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:02 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:21 pm
Also add former UM 3* recruit Cole Sain. And Chancho Ulloa, safety from Arizona.
Will do. Sorry, I don't check this page often enough, I guess.

Got Ulloa, Sain, Seymour, and Clark added. Anyone know if Thomas Marcus, Jr. ever signed?
Process is at the "waiting on paperwork" stage last time I heard.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5030
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by iaafan » Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am

4* - 1
3* - 14
2* - 3
(Also a 5* long snapper, but that's different)

Disclaimer: I know, I know star ratings don't mean anything, but just thought I'd point it out.



User avatar
BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sidney

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am
4* - 1
3* - 14
2* - 3
(Also a 5* long snapper, but that's different)

Disclaimer: I know, I know star ratings don't mean anything, but just thought I'd point it out.

We really got a 5* long snapper? I must have missed him. How the hell did he fall through the cracks? Overall this looks like an unbelievable class. (I say that each year with Choates classes though...)


I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9895
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 15, 2020 9:35 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am
4* - 1
3* - 14
2* - 3
(Also a 5* long snapper, but that's different)

Disclaimer: I know, I know star ratings don't mean anything, but just thought I'd point it out.

We really got a 5* long snapper? I must have missed him. How the hell did he fall through the cracks?
Did you watch his tape? The dude is throwing darts out there.....


8)



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13892
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:35 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 am
iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am
4* - 1
3* - 14
2* - 3
(Also a 5* long snapper, but that's different)

Disclaimer: I know, I know star ratings don't mean anything, but just thought I'd point it out.

We really got a 5* long snapper? I must have missed him. How the hell did he fall through the cracks?
Did you watch his tape? The dude is throwing darts out there.....


8)
I think the 5 star rating is from a long snapper camp or something, 247 or Scout or anything like that. Still, if you’re gonna sign a LS, make it a 5 star.

I think it’s 13 3 stars and 4 2 stars. That’s 51 total stars, not counting the LS, in this 2020 class. Just one off the record from the 2018 class. If the Arizona WR signs that’ll set the new standard.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9263
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by Hawks86 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 am

He could be a walk-on or might just be going to school.



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by Cataholic » Sun May 17, 2020 10:26 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 am
He could be a walk-on or might just be going to school.




braves84
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 4:45 am

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by braves84 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am
4* - 1
3* - 14
2* - 3
(Also a 5* long snapper, but that's different)

Disclaimer: I know, I know star ratings don't mean anything, but just thought I'd point it out.
Do you have a list of the recruiting class, looks really impressive. Who is the 4*..



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by AFCAT » Sun May 17, 2020 6:01 pm

braves84 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am
4* - 1
3* - 14
2* - 3
(Also a 5* long snapper, but that's different)

Disclaimer: I know, I know star ratings don't mean anything, but just thought I'd point it out.
Do you have a list of the recruiting class, looks really impressive. Who is the 4*..
All listed on page 1 of this thread.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by Montanabob » Thu May 21, 2020 2:09 pm

OK the website was 109 (with at least 1 listed in the transfer portal) listed for the 2020 season. I know the limit is 105 for roster until the first day of class, but how many lockers are there? And have we ever been at 105 or that often in the last 20 years? Or as deep in talent?


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5030
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by iaafan » Fri May 22, 2020 12:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:26 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 am
He could be a walk-on or might just be going to school.

You'd have to think he's going to walk-on. Did MSU ever release a list of walk-ons?



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by VimSince03 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Another potential walk-on is this kid. Matt North, a defensive tackle prospect out of Santa Fe Christian high school. Appears he injured his arm/collarbone during his senior season and is going to still try to walk-on at MSU. Here's an interview I found:



https://www.hudl.com/profile/8141514/Matthew-North

6'5", 225 lbs. so there is flexibility for development. If he sticks, I honestly see him as an offensive tackle.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:26 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 am
He could be a walk-on or might just be going to school.

You'd have to think he's going to walk-on. Did MSU ever release a list of walk-ons?
He has some pretty special accolades and awards at a good school. My guess is that he has a full academic ride to MSU with the opportunity to play football.



User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6593
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm
Another potential walk-on is this kid. Matt North, a defensive tackle prospect out of Santa Fe Christian high school. Appears he injured his arm/collarbone during his senior season and is going to still try to walk-on at MSU. Here's an interview I found:



https://www.hudl.com/profile/8141514/Matthew-North

6'5", 225 lbs. so there is flexibility for development. If he sticks, I honestly see him as an offensive tackle.
I just watched the video of his interview on San Diego TV. Two things: 1- The video lists him as a "Defensive Tackler".....I found that funny. 2- At the end of the interview, there is some tremendous footage of Bozeman, MSU and MSU football - great showcasing of MSU.
Welcome to MSU Mr. North!



User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by Montanabob » Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm
Another potential walk-on is this kid. Matt North, a defensive tackle prospect out of Santa Fe Christian high school. Appears he injured his arm/collarbone during his senior season and is going to still try to walk-on at MSU. Here's an interview I found:



https://www.hudl.com/profile/8141514/Matthew-North

6'5", 225 lbs. so there is flexibility for development. If he sticks, I honestly see him as an offensive tackle.
I just watched the video of his interview on San Diego TV. Two things: 1- The video lists him as a "Defensive Tackler".....I found that funny. 2- At the end of the interview, there is some tremendous footage of Bozeman, MSU and MSU football - great showcasing of MSU.
Welcome to MSU Mr. North!
Sounds like this next spring break could have some football players take a trip to Mexico to build houses.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8415
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Big Sky Country
Contact:

Re: 2020 commitments (36) and offers

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm

Here's a one-stop shop for you for all Montana State's known recruiting offers:




Post Reply