2020 commitments (38) and offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2020 commitments (19) and offers

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:34 am

8 3-star; 2 2-star according to 247. Stacking right up there with previous Choate classes through 19 commits. Expect another 10 players to commit.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:03 am

Its going to be hard to pick "the best" recruit out of this class... man, there are a ton of big time commits across the board!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:03 am
Its going to be hard to pick "the best" recruit out of this class... man, there are a ton of big time commits across the board!
And it sounds like there will be a handful of others we don't know about yet. I'd guess we sign somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 next week.

If we win Friday, next week is going to be insane with game prep, travel (likely) and national signing day.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:13 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:03 am
And it sounds like there will be a handful of others we don't know about yet. I'd guess we sign somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 next week.

If we win Friday, next week is going to be insane with game prep, travel (likely) and national signing day.
As somebody mentioned in another thread, it's nice that the game is on Friday and that travel next week (if any) won't be all that bad. That gives players and coaches an extra day so that even if Wednesday is a completely unproductive day, they're not behind by too much. That's a pretty good problem to have.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: 2020 commitments (21) and offers

Post by tetoncat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:47 am

4 Cat commits all State in Washington

Sports is not bigger than life

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:13 am

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:47 am

Not loving this little snippet on Grady Robison....
Was committed to Montana State but recently received an offer from UW.
Could just be the way they worded it, but I don't like that they stated that he "was" committed to MSU. Need signing day to get here!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:27 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:38 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:13 am
tetoncat wrote:

Could just be the way they worded it, but I don't like that they stated that he "was" committed to MSU. Need signing day to get here!
Yeah thats interesting and concering, especially considering the context for the other three makes it sound like they are all very solid. (Reimer, leighton, uli)

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:42 am

sdsyvie wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:38 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

Yeah thats interesting and concering, especially considering the context for the other three makes it sound like they are all very solid. (Reimer, leighton, uli)
I don't want to look too much into it either but his Twitter bio used to say "Montana State Qb commit" as of a week or two ago and it does not anymore. His Twitter header photo is still him in Bobcat jersey though....

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:44 am

sdsyvie wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

The UW offer was several weeks ago. Probably a walkon offer but who knows.
One of our local reporters (Rachac maybe?) asked Grady right after that if he was still committed to MSU and he said yes.

If UW came thru with a full ride, Robinson is probably gone I'd guess.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:19 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:44 am
sdsyvie wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

One of our local reporters (Rachac maybe?) asked Grady right after that if he was still committed to MSU and he said yes.

The new-ish early period throws some different wrinkles in. I’d guess UW and WSU trying to get Robison to wait until the late period saying that they may end up with some money for him (while also secretly hoping MSU moves on to a different QB and they can get him to walk on). From the MSU standpoint, I’d assume Choate and crew are trying to convince Robison to sign now as nothing is guaranteed after signing day and you don’t want to be left high and dry.

Recruiting is a tricky game with adults trying to manipulate 17-18 year old high school students.

Hard to know which direction Robison goes. Does his family have $100k saved up to attend UW as a walk on? What other outside non-football factors play a role in the decision?

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:40 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:19 pm
91catAlum wrote:
sdsyvie wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

The new-ish early period throws some different wrinkles in. I’d guess UW and WSU trying to get Robison to wait until the late period saying that they may end up with some money for him (while also secretly hoping MSU moves on to a different QB and they can get him to walk on). From the MSU standpoint, I’d assume Choate and crew are trying to convince Robison to sign now as nothing is guaranteed after signing day and you don’t want to be left high and dry.

Recruiting is a tricky game with adults trying to manipulate 17-18 year old high school students.

Hard to know which direction Robison goes. Does his family have $100k saved up to attend UW as a walk on? What other outside non-football factors play a role in the decision?
I'm worried this is why we went after the NC State guy. Robinson certainly looks the part of a guy that could do really great things at MSU. (nothing is ever guaranteed)

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:51 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:40 pm
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
sdsyvie wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

I'm worried this is why we went after the NC State guy. Robinson certainly looks the part of a guy that could do really great things at MSU. (nothing is ever guaranteed)
I think the plan was always to recruit a transfer and a freshman qb.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:07 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:51 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
sdsyvie wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

This. Everyone needs to relax. Wednesday will be another outstanding early signing period and it will likely wrap up most of the major recruiting MSU needs to do. I've heard nothing but positives the last few weeks. As for Grady, he's excited to be a Bobcat AND still mulling over PWO offers from Pac 12 programs. It's not an easy choice for an 18 year old. We all of course want him to sign up immeditately but these kids are super competitive and want to bet on themselves if they get an opportunity to play at a P-5. Let the process play out.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:07 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:51 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
sdsyvie wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

This. Everyone needs to relax. Wednesday will be another outstanding early signing period and it will likely wrap up most of the major recruiting MSU needs to do. I've heard nothing but positives the last few weeks. As for Grady, he's excited to be a Bobcat AND still mulling over PWO offers from Pac 12 programs. It's not an easy choice for an 18 year old. We all of course want him to sign up immeditately but these kids are super competitive and want to bet on themselves if they get an opportunity to play at a P-5. Let the process play out.
Any visitors this weekend? Curious with surprise commitments

I think A sterk replacement has gotta be our biggest offseason move - followed by a Jonsen and Marks.
Going to be very difficult

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:26 pm

A lot of people keep saying we need a transfer along the Dline. But don’t we have really good depth at that position with younger guys?

We should be getting closer to being able to reload some of these positions under year 5 of Choates reign of terror vs Missoula CC shouldn’t we?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Robison committed to Western Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/gradyrobison5

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Ew! Gross

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:57 pm
Hawks86 wrote:

Ew! Gross
Wow that is surprising

Choate has struggled keeping QB recruits the last couple years. The Butte kid will definitely get a chance on offense with this change

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Hawks86 wrote:

Can’t say I saw that one coming.

Bummer, the kid wanted a shot at the FBS, hope he does well.