QB Update

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: QB Update

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm

53 pages of blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I'm calling a timeout. No more QB bitching/moaning/pontificating/gesticulating/fabricating until two more games have passed. There. I have spoken.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:43 pm
53 pages of blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I'm calling a timeout. No more QB bitching/moaning/pontificating/gesticulating/fabricating until two more games have passed. There. I have spoken.
I like Rovig and think he is doing well and improving. Overruled :lol:

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 pm

With score 28-21 Rovig was 10-16 136 yards and a TD. That will win this team a lot of games. We get a personal foul on a marginal call. (66 pushed guy down right as the whistle blew). Put us behind sticks, 3rd and long, poor decision and most here write him off.

Sports is not bigger than life

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:37 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:17 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:13 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:09 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:58 pm
I think there’s a lot of confused fans out there. Choate says he likes to recruit quarterbacks. Some fans think he’s recruiting them to actually play QB. He recruits them because they’re usually good athletes that can play other positions. But people think he’s recruiting them to play QB and that he’s therefore failing miserably to find a QB.
I highly doubt that's the reason people think Choate is failing miserably to find a QB. I think it has a lot more to do with the production (or lack thereof) from the passing game so far with Choate.
Are you sure?
Did I say I was?

That said, all of the criticisms I've read on here are related to either the performance of the guys who have actually played QB for the Bobcats, or to the absence of any player who has the qualities they want in a quarterback.
Well, I assume you’re aware Prukop was an average quarterback. Among other things.
I'm aware that he is not as universally beloved as Lulay and McGhee, if that's what you're saying.
His passing skills were average, according to posters here on Bobcat Nation.
Good, not great. Not average, simply good.

He was a great QB, just not a great passer.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 pm
With score 28-21 Rovig was 10-16 136 yards and a TD. That will win this team a lot of games. We get a personal foul on a marginal call. (66 pushed guy down right as the whistle blew). Put us behind sticks, 3rd and long, poor decision and most here write him off.
Just to add a little perspective...

In our game against NDSU in the playoffs last year, Easton Stick was 7-12 for 86 yards, zero touchdowns, and 1 interception.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 pm

onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
I think there’s a lot of confused fans out there. Choate says he likes to recruit quarterbacks. Some fans think he’s recruiting them to actually play QB. He recruits them because they’re usually good athletes that can play other positions. But people think he’s recruiting them to play QB and that he’s therefore failing miserably to find a QB.
I highly doubt that's the reason people think Choate is failing miserably to find a QB. I think it has a lot more to do with the production (or lack thereof) from the passing game so far with Choate.
Are you sure?
Did I say I was?

That said, all of the criticisms I've read on here are related to either the performance of the guys who have actually played QB for the Bobcats, or to the absence of any player who has the qualities they want in a quarterback.
Well, I assume you’re aware Prukop was an average quarterback. Among other things.
I'm aware that he is not as universally beloved as Lulay and McGhee, if that's what you're saying.

Okay, so he’s definitely not average in your book? I don’t think he’s average. I’d say he’s at least better than average. Which brings me back the frustrated with Choate’s QBs posters. See where I’m going?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:02 pm

I didn’t get to watch the game live. But I just watched the first 3 quarters on the DVR tonight. (I’m old, tired and ready for bed🤣). But I don’t see where all the griping about Rovig is coming from. He actually delivered some great throws with blitzers in his face. His receivers had a couple of drops. But all In all, he was playing a great game for the style of offense we run.

I know from watching the ESPN game cast the 4th quarter wasn’t as pretty. But this team found a way to win. In years past I always bitched about the “griz magic” and how they found a way to win tight games, whereas the Cats used to find a way to lose. So, I’m enjoying the hell out of watching a Bobcat team that finds a way to win thru adversity. 👍

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:07 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 pm
onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Are you sure?
Did I say I was?

Okay, so he’s definitely not average in your book? I don’t think he’s average. I’d say he’s at least better than average. Which brings me back the frustrated with Choate’s QBs posters. See where I’m going?
Well to me it looks like you and everyone else in this thread is just going around in circles, but hey you're all free to do as you wish.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:40 am

bcatfan1 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:02 pm
I didn’t get to watch the game live. But I just watched the first 3 quarters on the DVR tonight. (I’m old, tired and ready for bed🤣). But I don’t see where all the griping about Rovig is coming from. He actually delivered some great throws with blitzers in his face. His receivers had a couple of drops. But all In all, he was playing a great game for the style of offense we run.

I know from watching the ESPN game cast the 4th quarter wasn’t as pretty. But this team found a way to win. In years past I always bitched about the “griz magic” and how they found a way to win tight games, whereas the Cats used to find a way to lose. So, I’m enjoying the hell out of watching a Bobcat team that finds a way to win thru adversity. 👍
Well said. Especially the part about the "griz magic", it used to really piss me off.
Now that we have "Cat Magic" I enjoy it. You won't find me complaining about a close win!

#justwinbaby

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:37 am

bcatfan1 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:02 pm

THIS!!!! At the end of the game the stat that counts most is W or L. We got the "W", now let's move on to Sac State.
The End.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:29 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 pm
Just to add a little perspective...

In our game against NDSU in the playoffs last year, Easton Stick was 7-12 for 86 yards, zero touchdowns, and 1 interception.
Ha, what a loser! Can't believe they didn't bench him....

Catfacts
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Catfacts » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Easton probably didn’t need to throw it at all. NDSU was pretty busy rushing for 407 yards on 44 carries. That is 9.25 yards per attempt. That game and all their championships clearly demonstrate how dominate NDSU has been, is and may continue to be. It appears that a punishing ground game and a stout defense may lead to a championship. The best teams have a great athlete and team leader at quarterback, which NDSU has had consistently over the last decade.